• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Looking great! The window washing platform is really cool indeed :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Looking good  :thumbsup:  How are you planning on implementing the crane in game? It's definitely a cool detail.

art128

Quote from: noahclem on November 18, 2012, 06:38:20 AM
Looking good  :thumbsup:  How are you planning on implementing the crane in game? It's definitely a cool detail.

Static in the first picture place, I think. ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Nice building!  :thumbsup:

As for the crane, why not mod the lot to have an invisible building (i.e. small BAT box) and turn the building into a timed prop?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

ivo_su

Arthur I applaud your initiatives and new direction in your career. I've always respected each infinite BAT-er in the community as they make some of the most necessary and interesting things - new buildings.

tag_one

Lovely building Arthur! Love the bmu with the washing cabin! ;)

art128

Thanks!

Here's some more progress. Modified the bmu and the roof junk a little.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Yay BAT4MAX works on my new machine, I can BAT again!  (★^O^★)

Zoom 5:

And zoom5 HD

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Quite good so far, but. . . are you going to keep the planters in front on the pavement? Maybe it would be better if we could put a prop there instead? So we could pick which ones?

Cheers
Willy

gn_leugim

coming along great :D I like those bushes :D

noahclem

Still looking great  &apls  I prefer the bushes as they are, though I see the point in having more options for lotting. One disadvantage to the lotting method is that I'm not sure suitable HD bushes and planters exist. On that note, do you think it would make sense for you to implement the same bushes and planters you're using as props instead of part of the model? I'd love to be able to use them on other lots  :thumbsup:

art128

Thanks guys.

I could render the bushes as props indeed. But I'm afraid the one on the model will be part of the model.

Here's some more.

Z5 HD (Z6)

Z5

Perspective view for fun

Props & Texture Catalog

sunv123

That doesn't seem too tall! :D

Z5 looks very nice there, though why is there a window washing cart only on the perspective? ::)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

gn_leugim

ya you got me looking into the other pics searching the cart... I know, that's the purpose, make us look at pictures again? ;D

whatevermind

Looking good! I'm glad you added the X's back onto the roof, they give the building a lot of personality. I think I liked the earlier/bigger version of them better, kind of had a more laboratory/industrial look to the roof, but this nonetheless a beautiful building. Good treatment especially of the lobby and the crane. You've been through quite a few crane variations on this one, any chance we'll be seeing some more of these?  ;D

Shark7

Looks as though you are getting closer to done.  From my point of view, the bushes are just fine as they are.

Are you to the point of just needing textures or are you still working on the geometry?

art128

Quote from: Shark7 on December 09, 2012, 11:16:24 PM
Are you to the point of just needing textures or are you still working on the geometry?

I still need to model some details on the lobby and the penthouse. And maybe some more roof junk ( " mysterious white boxes" as moonlinght call that :D ), then textures and night lights.

Quote from: whatevermind on December 09, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Looking good! I'm glad you added the X's back onto the roof, they give the building a lot of personality. I think I liked the earlier/bigger version of them better, kind of had a more laboratory/industrial look to the roof, but this nonetheless a beautiful building. Good treatment especially of the lobby and the crane. You've been through quite a few crane variations on this one, any chance we'll be seeing some more of these?  ;D

I agree with you that the X steel looked better when they were bigger. It's on my list of to-change things. Well considering there are quite a lot of different BMU design, I might do some more! But for this building this one is definitive I think. ( even though it is not like the original).

Quote from: sunv123 on December 09, 2012, 07:43:16 AM
That doesn't seem too tall! :D

Z5 looks very nice there, though why is there a window washing cart only on the perspective? ::)

If you look well you can see the cart is on all the pictures. It is just not in use.

Props & Texture Catalog