• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Art128's BATs

Started by art128, February 20, 2009, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatevermind

Ooh, very nice. I love that blue texture.

mave94

Looks very nice there, Arthur! It fits really well among those other buildings. For the windows, perhaps you can try something like Aaron Graham does, i.e. applying a satellite view to the windows? I would leave everything else as it is now.

-Matthijs

art128

Thanks guys!

I'm having trouble making the windows like you all do. I don't understand anything.. Anyone has a tutorial somewhere?

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

w_swietwoot

Hi Art, perhaps this will help:

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/4778-jasons-bats-tutorials/

Building looks good though. Maybe the framework of the door on the entrance could be a bit thicker, or exaggerated.

moonlinght

Oh! It's exactly a real building! :thumbsup:
By the way, the entrance tree is Kadomatsu decorate the New Year ;)
That picture was taken in the new year ;D

MTT9

I usually just use a texture of windows and i get pretty good results in small windows...
You can call me Matt

Swordmaster

I'll be the dissenting voice here, but I think you should play around with that wall texture. Somehow I find this one is too blue and/or too dark. I even think the model would benefit from a light brown/beige texture. Maybe create two versions?

Of course, I don't know anything about Japan, so I may be talking nonsense just the same. Hope this doesn't upset you. ;)

Cheers
Willy

Delecto

Nice progress Arthur, even if we see a repetition of your wall texture, it doesn't mind.
Glass material is the hardest part in Bating for me. I would really recommend you read this post in Jasoncw Simtropolis, it's a good start.

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/51762-reddonquixotes-melbourne-bat-thread/?p=1321922

M4346

Just a quick note / question. It seems that the Mitaki train station is not left-hand drive compatible? I couldn't remember it necessarily expressly stated in the Readme, but I encountered it while playing / trying out the station this evening.

The train inexplicably crosses over upon entering the station.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

Did you choose the LHD file when installed?

( After installing the station you have to manually go into the folder and choose one of the two files - LHD or - RHD )

Props & Texture Catalog

M4346

I didn't check... :-| or probably forgot to. I get easily distracted :P

Thanks! :thumbsup:

It's a beautiful station ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

Hello guys!

Yesterday I did a quick render ( so quick that I had to render it three times because I forgot to center the building....  &sly ) of my office building, and I'm actually quite satisfied with the look of it!

I can still see some things to change or to scale up/down but it looks good to me now, ready to export for good.. ( after I doodle a bit more with the reflections and nightlights)

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

an imposing sight on the cityscape :P

noahclem

Looking great man  &apls  I don't know how much better you could get his building to look  ;)

art128

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

I'll re-render it in the week with some tweaked details.

In the meantime, I started another building located in Ginza, Tokyo..

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Look great.  &apls &apls &apls
Like the touch with that red light at the top.

It looks finish !?!

sunv123

Very interesting building you have there. :thumbsup: Love the yellow Japanese characters on the front. :D

I'm guessing that it's a W2W 1x2?
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

art128

Thanks guys!

Sunv123 - yeap, going to be 1x2 w2w.

The building is about ready...
Some more lights ( stairs, upper roof and inside ) some texture tweaking (taller building walls etc) and it'll be ready.
I'll also add some details inside the buildings.

Zoom6

Hehehehe, day render of the front wasn't finished.... going to correct that now...
And done!

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Maybe add some lights to one of the floor on the front behind the glass facade. Maybe on the second floor away from the sign.

Delecto

Perfect Arthur! Great great work.  :thumbsup: