• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Change SimCity language!?!?!

Started by stef_siv, April 21, 2009, 06:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stef_siv

Hi,I would like to change my SimCity language to Greek...Is that possible?I am offered even to do it by myself but i can't find any software to edit the .dat files which are in any language folder...Any help is acceptable.Thanks in advance!!

-Sorry for my english :D

RippleJet

Quote from: stef_siv on April 21, 2009, 06:28:23 AM
Hi,I would like to change my SimCity language to Greek...Is that possible?I am offered even to do it by myself but i can't find any software to edit the .dat files which are in any language folder...Any help is acceptable.Thanks in advance!!

Maxis only provided translations of the game into 18 languages, and unfortunately Greek is not among those.
If somebody would translate all LTEXT file within SimCityLocale.dat into Greek, it would be possible though.

However, that would probably be too big a task for one person, with 5,962 LTEXT files... $%Grinno$%

GoaSkin

a greek translation may only be possible if Maxis included greek letters into their embedded fonts. Nobody ever tested this.

But there are some inofficial translations, including catalan and turkish, but no language with non-latin letters.
download SC4Config public BETA (RC1)

RippleJet

Quote from: GoaSkin on September 04, 2009, 09:32:12 AM
a greek translation may only be possible if Maxis included greek letters into their embedded fonts. Nobody ever tested this.

You can edit the ingame fonts.ini file and set the game to use any TTF font, e.g. one having the full Unicode setup.

Quote from: GoaSkin on September 04, 2009, 09:32:12 AM
But there are some inofficial translations, including catalan and turkish, but no language with non-latin letters.

This post indicates that the game has been translated to Russian at least:

Quote from: x-ten on August 19, 2009, 02:09:53 PM
another question

If droped down this trees list, then he'll continue again, and again to infinity

sorry from grammar mistakes