• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your... city parks!

Started by eljacko, March 21, 2007, 11:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

mgb204

Here is a park/square I'm working on at the moment:

Zoom 5, Winter (click for fullsize)

Zoom 6, Summer (click for fullsize)
I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions anyone has. This has been many hours lotting with custom textures and seasonal props. Despite this, I'm not sure I'm totally happy with it  :-\. I am planning to change the textures in the middle of the square, I don't like the stones being so much bigger than the cobblestones around it.

Simcoug

I love all the lotting details and I'm happy to see the Vortextures getting some good use  :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

I think it looks excellent so far, I agree with Simcoug regarding all of the details, very nice indeed. I really like the bike path, that's been well executed.

I rather like the large stones at the centre, it's a lovely texture. I would maybe change the other paved texture to sandstone to match the pavement but that's a purely personal choice. The smaller cobbles are lovely but I agree that sit a little awkwardly with the larger paving stones at the centre.

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Terring7

Let's wake up this topic with a park that has a temple, schools, playgrounds, lakes and a library, and being surrounded by apartment buildings.

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Livin in Sim on July 13, 2007, 07:13:17 PM

Never seen those stairs before, are they a normal BSC Parks feature?

Quote from: Masochist on July 01, 2007, 04:17:30 PM

That huge fountain is amazing. I wish I had it...

Quote from: Kcrimsonsim on February 08, 2011, 03:56:40 PM

What waterfront lots are those, out of curiosity?

EDIT: Found them, they're the JRJ Seawalls

Quote from: Terring7 on August 24, 2018, 05:23:26 AM

Looks nice, are the surrounding buildings SimMars-in-SC4 buildings?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Terring7

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 07, 2019, 11:28:40 PMThat huge fountain is amazing. I wish I had it...

Ask and you'll receive  :)

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 07, 2019, 11:28:40 PMLooks nice, are the surrounding buildings SimMars-in-SC4 buildings?

You mean the apartment buildings? Yes, they are. I've reloted them to make them suitable for cities on Earth
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Wiimeiser

Thanks. Now I'm just curious about those stairs...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

pressus

A lot of work to do is applaud  &apls Very good technical efficiency  :thumbsup:
However, not always a mixture of styles is good, in this case too sweet, too heavy and unnatural, but maybe the author just cared about it?  ;)
Sorry guys, I'll be here next week, so good luck!

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

LucarioBoricua

Athletics Park of SamanĂ¡, in the southern suburbs.

Park in Playa SamanĂ¡, with a more modest selection of goodies for the relaxation of citizens.

Central Park of Jaicoa, chock-full of amenities for residents and visitors alike!