• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cleanitol cleaned me out!

Started by acec, April 27, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acec

Hi,
No doubt I have done something seriously wrong, but downloaded the 4 Cleanitol files that come together - including the NAM cleanitol, the SG cleanitol and 2 others, which I cannot remember (I have deleted all 4 now - they came as 1 download).    So I ran the SG cleanitol and it came back saying I was missing vast number of SG files - no problem there, I know what to do, did a back up of the Cleanitol results and started rectifying missing files issues.

Then I go and check my existing game, and pretty much everything is boxes.   The Cleanitol took nearly every dependency I had  from a variety of creators, plus my building prop files (1 and 2) that come with the game!!

Freaked out majorly.

Consequently I have run nearly all undo.bats and now my plugin folder is huge again and not really sure what Cleanitol would be best to tidy up again without causing more issues.

Any suggestions on what I should download from a Cleanitol perspective, plus any ideas on what went wrong  that caused a Cleanitol file  to take things which  maybe it should not have. (including my cheats  download).

Thanks.

metarvo

To my knowledge, a Cleanitol file should be used before installing the file it comes with, not after.  The purpose of Cleanitol is to delete the files listed so that there won't be duplicates when new downloads are installed.  If it is used afterwards, it will still delete the files.  So, remember to use a Cleanitol file that is included with a new download before the new download is installed, and not after.  I hope this helps.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rstarks

i had the same problem when i first tried to use the cleanitol.

a simple fix is to make sure that the cleanitol list your using does not include the extensions ".exe" or ".bat". to do this, simply open the clean it all list and remove these two items from it, next time you run the cleanitol file it should get rid of everything except those two things [ which are essential files for  lots and bats ingame]

JoeST

Quote from: rstarks on May 04, 2011, 10:23:35 PM
i had the same problem when i first tried to use the cleanitol.

a simple fix is to make sure that the cleanitol list your using does not include the extensions ".exe" or ".bat". to do this, simply open the clean it all list and remove these two items from it, next time you run the cleanitol file it should get rid of everything except those two things [ which are essential files for  lots and bats ingame]
Neither '.exe' or '.bat' are used by the game. The files used by the game include '.dll', '.dat' and '.sc4*' files, nothing else.
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms