• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Picture Competition

Started by Masochist, March 26, 2007, 01:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

We need a new competitor for Badsim's picture!

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Badsim

Thank you guys , and , again , amazing pic , Republic ( like most of yours are ! ;) ) ; a such tight score was well justified !  :thumbsup:

Quote from: io_bg on November 22, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
Badsim, is that supposed to be a chairlift? Unfortunately it doesn't look right to me.

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 22, 2011, 06:38:59 AM

No, that's a mowing machine, pulled by a tractor, mowing the grass right next to the rural power lines. At least, that's what I see...

Indeed ! Maybe have you been misled by the mowing machine pulled by the tractor position but , what an unexpected supposition ...   ::)

I would have prefered that someone ask me why this his a left-hand drive version LOT ... The mowing machine ( a prop from Oranhe_o_  ) only exists in that version as I'm presuming that he has created it for a use in meadows only ...

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Orange_o_

Quote from: Badsim on November 22, 2011, 07:26:45 AM

Thank you guys , and , again , amazing pic , Republic ( like most of yours are ! ;) ) ; a such tight score was well justified !  :thumbsup:

Quote from: io_bg on November 22, 2011, 05:32:21 AM
Badsim, is that supposed to be a chairlift? Unfortunately it doesn't look right to me.

Quote from: mrtnrln on November 22, 2011, 06:38:59 AM

No, that's a mowing machine, pulled by a tractor, mowing the grass right next to the rural power lines. At least, that's what I see...

Indeed ! Maybe have you been misled by the mowing machine pulled by the tractor position but , what an unexpected supposition ...   ::)

I would have prefered that someone ask me why this his a left-hand drive version LOT ... The mowing machine ( a prop from Oranhe_o_  ) only exists in that version as I'm presuming that he has created it for a use in meadows only ...

Cédric.

Oh my god, io_bg you kill me!!  :o

A chairlift? Do I understand that my mower is totally re-do?  :D  :D  :D

;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

art128

We still need a new competitor for Badsim's picture....

Props & Texture Catalog

Framly

i'll try my luck "against" the Master :D

Badsim:

Framly:

Best luck! :thumbsup:

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

mike3775

dang this was a very very tough choice.  In the end it came down to a coin flip, I really wish I could have voted for both, as I would have

badsim -1
framly - 0

TiFlo

Awe, come on! Can't you guys just be like one good shot, one bad shot? Easy pick for the rest of us?

All right, I guess that's what we get for having only the trouble of judging. I still believe Badsim's to be a beautiful shot, but I'm going to have to give it to framly. His packs so many neatly arranged little details it has to be praised (maybe a tad bit too many, but who am I to complain). The RV camp and especially the corn? (judging by the harvesters) field take the cake.

badsim -1
framly - 1

Edit: I feel like I'm watching the masters fighting right now.  &apls

vortext

Agreed upon, no more pretty pictures since it's too hard to decide  $%Grinno$%

Anyway, Framly's pic is action packed, however, one small detail I can't get over which is why in the world would one cycle over a field that's being harvested? For starters, that's really tough terrain and second, it just doesn't make sense &mmm

badsim -2
framly - 1
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Huston_N7

C'mon Vortext, haven't you ever heard of troublemaker's? :P

And just to say, why is does it have to be so damn hard to pick out a good photo?! SOOO HARD!! :P I like what Framly's done with his detailed photo, but personally, there's a little too much going on...So I'd have to go with Badsim's photo. But I can't say that they aren't both still equally great!  ;D

Badsim - 3
Framly - 1
<a href="http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15523.msg467533#msg467533"></a>
E37 - Ferust System | Violet Nebula
"Blinding Night"
06/09/2013

Orange_o_

Cedric is the master of details and it is a great source of inspiration for my creations, but here I must admit that Framly done better.
I fell in love with the camp of "travelers", and all the plants is excellent.

Badsim - 3
Framly - 2

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

io_bg

Geez, Orange, take it easy on me :D After a closer inspection I noticed that it indeed is attached to the tractor. Still, it is quite bring and doesn't fit the scene :/ That's why I'm voting for Framly:

Badsim - 3
Framly - 3
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Reikhardt

Badsim - 3
Framly - 4

Splendid detail, gets my vote despite the campaigners ;)
Occupy Rondoir?

jmdude1

both pics are excellent.  a small thing from both pics imo: the roadside mower in badsims pic seems to be really white and red rather than dirty and grassy. it really draws my attention away from the rest of the pic.  in framly's pic, the bikes in the field seem odd to me.

again, both pics are excellent.

badsim - 3
framly - 5

RickD

This surely is one of the hardest decisions I had to make in this thread.

badsim - 3
framly - 6
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

nightmercy

SCWTC4

me and my (clever) friend..
f: "everytime i play SC4 riots erupts, they even blow up a bridge"
m: "do you ever consider the possibility of putting around some police stations?" (joking)
f: "you're right..."
m:

Dantes

art128

That's one round for Framly, we need a new competitor or his picture!

Props & Texture Catalog

Badsim

Congratulations , Hendrik ! Your picture is more complex and rich than mine . If competitors were allowed to vote , I would have voted Framly .  :)

And thank you , guys , for this round particularly well-argued . Much appreciated .  :thumbsup:

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

kbieniu7

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!