• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Did you say Mayor Mod seasonal ploppables ?

Started by Badsim, January 07, 2011, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Quote from: Lowkee33 on February 08, 2011, 07:27:04 AM
Girafe's Birches?  Looks like I am out of a job.  $%Grinno$%

:D

Absolutely not !   ;D

Antoine is a BSC/TSC member and I'm even not a TSC member so his trees will keep on being Modded by you ... the version seen in that picture is a single autumn MMP Antoine has quickly made for his own testing phases . Let me add that I would prefer to spend my time building AntigOne instead of Modding !

So , do not worry , Antoine having a lot of projects concerning trees that as much work as you can handle is waiting for you .   ;) And thank you very much for these precious informations . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

xannepan

Absolutely amazing work. What else can I say  &apls &apls

mave94

Jayster

So..... I hate to be the one to ask but will we be seeing these trees on the LEX soon? I know there is a problem with the shadows and you guys are trying to figure out what to do but I'm curious if we'll see these soon? Hope I don't sound too impatient.  ::)

Jayster

Badsim

Your impatience is perfectly understandable Jayster . Girafe's seasonal maples are still under scrutineering , that's hard to understand as they have been modded by Lowkee33 months ago and they are  'scrutineered' by the same person ... ( sorry to tell that , Carl , but you could give a minimum of informations ... ) for the little story of custom content , Girafe has BATed them almost a year ago ! These maples are very precious because they're « clusters ploppable » , the only ones today able to plant a forest quickly on  large areas . Without them , others MMPS being single trees , it has no interest .

I'm going to request to Orange_o_ and Vnaoned to upload their seasonal trees at TSC stock exchange ( with a mention for Lowkee33 who has modded them too )

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Lowkee33

Quotesorry to tell that , Carl , but you could give a minimum of informations ...

$%#Ninj2

QuoteGirafe's seasonal maples are still under scrutineering

These haven't been uploaded for final testing yet.  Perhaps there is a reason Girafe hasn't flipped the switch.

As for the LEX:  The two that are up right now are not consistent with most terrain mods.  I have been putting my effort into making a patch/dependency before trying to release any of the older models.  We are getting close though.  The Columbus Terrain Mod has a couple snow lines, but no FTP (which is needed for a tree line in god-mode).  Today I will go in-game and figure out what altitude those snow lines are.

Quotethat's hard to understand as they have been modded by Lowkee33 months ago and they are  'scrutineered' by the same person

A catch-22 in a way.  How can I test my own work?  Things that are made by me are almost guaranteed to take longer to get tested/released.

Edit:   You may want to change Orange's trees to RKT4. I still have the original files that you sent me, if that persuades you to dig back into those. 

Girafe

Yep the ball is in my side, I did'nt want to continue the process for uploading the maples as there were not other trees which were not pines for mixing. However I finished my birches, they will be modded and I will check if all is fine (it takes long time for me and it's very boring...) hope to finish them this week end.  &Thk/(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Badsim

Thanks for these informations , Carl . At least I know since who to shake !  $%Grinno$% It seems that Girafe has reacted ...  ;D

Antoine , I know that's a lot of boring work for you , but the success of TSC RuralPack is really depending to seasonal maples (and birches ... ) and I've got only a few weeks to devote still on it with you . Many thanks to hurry up !  :thumbsup:

Cédric.

Orange_o_

Hi Carl,

Cedric told me about your message about "z_LK_FloraTuningParameters_Seasonal_Maxis. Currently my exe checks its presence in the zzz_terrainmod folder, and installs only if there is need.

Once you have completed this file, send it to me, and its location in the plugin file.

+ +

David

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Lowkee33

The file you speak of will need to be removed from the plugin folder, and hopefully the trees girafe has released.

I am working on near 25 files, one for each terrain mod.  The main work is making the installer work out, and also learning about some quirks about the older mods.

Orange_o_

But the FloraTuningParameters isn't the same in the all 25 files?

Do not you think it would be easier to have this little file at the end of loading plugin as it is now, rather than dependence?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Lowkee33

QuoteBut the FloraTuningParameters isn't the same in the all 25 files?

No.  The FTP also defines the tree line for the god mode tree controller.  Since different c.p. terrain mods have the line set at different heights, there needs to be a file for each.  Heblem's mods on the STEX all use the same height, but it is different than Maxis.

Your Pyrenean mod, and the mods on the PLEX do not have the FTP, so the Maxis file works well for that.

QuoteDo not you think it would be easier to have this little file at the end of loading plugin as it is now, rather than dependence?

That is where the file will install.  There are 25 (or so) files that can be choosed from in the installer.  Only one will install to the z folder at a time.

Orange_o_

Lowkee33

This could be a time to set the tree line for your mod.  I could look at all of the various snow lines and make it so trees are planted up to that altitude.

It doesn't have any effect on MMP, just that it makes seasonal work.

Silur

Thank You with Seasonal Flora Patch
You create beautiful things  &apls &apls &apls