• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[WIP/REL] SCAG Turboprops Department.

Started by joelyboy911, August 13, 2009, 02:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Think long term: Which regional planes would you like to see?

BAe ATP
Saab 340 & Saab 200
Embraer ERJ-145 Family
Bombardier C-Series
Dornier 328 and 328Jet
Other (Specify in a post)

joelyboy911

@Driftmaster07. Thanks!

@Jack Wilds
Hey there Jack, good to see you again! We'll be having a green-ish Christmas, although its fairly likely it'll rain. The New Zealand weather is as reliable as [insert unreliable thing here]. I don't know about that global warming stuff, doesn't seem to be getting any hotter here... well anyway, I hope to have a prop pack for these on the LEX soon. PIMX has made making the prop exemplars, and hover-query LTEXTs a breeze!

Merry Christmas to you too Jack!

@un1, hyped_up_boy

Here we have the Dash-8-102Q and Dash-8-311Q. Apparently it is rumoured that Air Canada Jazz will purchase DHC-8-400s. I wonder if this rumour is enough of a need for me to make the livery. On that basis, it was speculated that Air New Zealand was going to purchase DHC-8-400s as well. Maybe I'll do both. Maybe niether. If someone has more insight into Air Canada Jazz could fill me in, that would be good.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

pete3d

really nice work there!

i check this now more often.
maybe you ecapt a wish from me???

what about aeromexico connect?
they have a lot of this small aircrafts and i really love the design...

i dream of it, maybe you could it make happen...

see ya, pete

joelyboy911

Thanks Pete. I'd be happy to accept your wish. I have a new plane in progress at the moment, and Aeromexico Connect used to fly them. More details soon.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Just the preliminary work on the next line to come out of SCAG Turboprops. Here we have the Saab 340, and soon we'll have its big brother, the Saab 2000!

Credit to Adroman for the R.E.X livery.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Nice work! I love that American Livery. :)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Jack_wilds

Hey Joelyboy911, Jack wilds here...

I see the Saab fleet, an enthusiastic " :thumbsup: " as they lokk really good and I hope they look as good in one of my airports soon.  I believe I've seen these being shown off at Oshkosh EAA-Airventure a couple years ago. 

Concerning making liveries... I appreciate the 'realness' of accuracy in modeling -as I can get too much into it, but what I'm looking for is a fictional Sim livery called "Grasshoppers" using the Saab aircraft, this particular airline would be aimed to the smaller markets... then you could invent create neat color/graphic scheme for it  ;) so what do you think?

Lately corporate and small passenger craft have been showing up there in greater numbers -I believe a trend a forming with corporate/passenger hop services, when corporate isn't flying then passengers board -whatever perhaps its always been but a new spin on the idea is occurring.   &Thk/(

When I last posted I said it was going to be a greenish-brown Christmas BUT mother nature had other ideas as she dumped a blizzard blown 14" here in the Fox Valley, -as much as 18" near by (6th strongest storm on record by Green Bay reckoning) now its just bitter cold with last night dipping to -2 and wind chill to -15.  It was a cold walk to my local coffee hot-spot - working to out run a froven runny nose...  :D

from the Frozen Tundra

Jack  :satisfied:

KoV Liberty

Lucky you! Its 80 down here in Florida. Lol. :D

Adrian, I miss you man.

emgmod

80? 80(26 C) is AVERAGE over here.

Back on topic, I like those planes. I've only seen turboprop airlines once, but those will be awesome for small airports.

thomil

I don't want to sound impatient but I haven't heard anything about the ATRs in a while. Is that project still ongoing, and If so is any estimated date for rollout/completion?
Just curious, don't rush it guys. I've waited this long, I can wait a little longer...

joelyboy911

Hey Thomil, you can complain here, I won't be offended. The ATRs are ongoing, and I'm glad to say that the lotted set is almost ready for release (a few more side lots to complete the set need to be completed, the plane lots themselves are done). Can I say late january? I know it seems ages away, I might not even get it in then. Unfortunately, I have a lot of things happening all at once. If I had decided to cancel the ATR project, I'd have said so. Sorry it's been so quiet.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

thomil

Okay, as long as they're still in the works, No problem. As I said, take your time.
After all, as an avid follower of the A-400M and Boeing 787 Dreamliner I'm used to delays, so first Quarter of 2010 would be just fine...

joelyboy911

@Jack Sorry I never got back to you sooner. Thanks for the support and encouragement, and in return for that, I'm going to make your Grasshopper livery, and basically enjoy myself doing it. It should be fun. Hope you enjoyed your freezing Christmas. I was at the beach in very pleasant warm temperatures under the sunshine. :D

@Thomil I'm getting on to them soon, I promise...  ::)

Today's Update: Saab 2000

Unless anyone has any specific requests, then those are the final liveries for the Saab line.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Gilikov1994

Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

joelyboy911

Just to let everyone know, I've rendered all of the dash-8s and made their prop exemplars using PiM-X. Next up, I'll design the ground textures on which they will be lotted and pass everything on to Adroman for the lotting phase. As for the ATRs, there are only a few auxiliary lots left to be made (walkways and gate boundary connectors). I hope to make these soon, and release them on the STEX. The ATRs will not be sent to the LEX, as the lots were made before PIM-X was released, but now using it is a requirement for LEX consideration. As for my other BATs, the Saabs and Jetstreams will be released in one set together, but their development is going to be put on the back-burner for a time, as I seek to undertake a large aircraft series which will be made public soon.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Looks great Joel! If you need me for lotting, I'm availiable. :)

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Hello Everyone. I've been designing the ground textures, and because I've been unable to come up with a universal type of marking, I've designed 3 variants.

This one is the New Zealand variety. AFAIK All New Zealand airports have turning circles like this where the turboprop aircraft turn.

This version is based on one I've seen in Google Earth in the USA. I think it also applies to Canada and Mexico.

This version is based on one at Brisbane International Airport in Queensland Australia. Some airports in UK/Europe use it also.

It will also be possible for third party designers to make another variation on this if they wish. It will work on a system like the ERTM for roads, where whichever texture set loads last in your plugins will appear on the lot in-game. You will be able to choose whichever you like.

Unfortunately these lots will not be compatible with the upcoming ATR (Mk 1) lot that are soon to be released. I've designed this newer better system which will accomodate all the new turboprops, including my planned re-visit to the ATR series planned for third quarter 2010. You'll notice the ATR stop line is at the far end of the gate centre-line, thats because ATRs actually stop facing out, so that people don't walk past the wing and engines on their way to the plane. This is one of the many things wrong with the old ATRs. They will be released, but the new ones will supersede them in a big way.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Frankly Joel, it is up to you, but I would suggest making all variants, which I will help with at your request.

Adrian, I miss you man.

strucka

The us one looks kinda best, but is so simple, that is maybe a bit too simple. Maybe the last one but with stripes in the rectangle top left.

adroman

strucka, these markings are based on real world airports, and as Joel said, the idea of these is to have the interchangeable. No one's making you use the US variant...you have the choice to use the New Zealand markings, the Australian/European or the North American sets... That's the beauty of the system, you can chose the textures to suit your region. Also, as Joel said, it is open to third parties.

Excellent work, Joel, I know these will be used expansively in the future  ()stsfd()

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

strucka

Oh! I'm sorry, I understood that it was up to us to choose which one we'd like  the best and the one would be released.