• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Badsim's testing ground .

Started by Badsim, October 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Une_ame

Now, I got it. TY. You forget to notice that you change about every base texture of your dowloaded parisian BATs. That's what I was thinking, the plugin must be HUGE :o, full of custom lots :thumbsup:!

Another question, where did you get that nice white stripped Ped Xing  ()what() ?
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Badsim

One reply ... speak about a success ...  ::)

I know I told you "Do not feel obliged to comment Umbelievable ! " at each update , but concerning a tutorial ... a "thank you " or a "interesting" would have been good to hear .

Well , Emmanuel , I'm assuming you're asking about an overlay coming Gare du Nord (Xannepan , first version on the STEX )

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

clearlypowa

First time i discover this topic. Stunning pictures  :o

Great job Badsim.  &apls &apls

Delecto

Thanks for sharing this nice tutorial Cédric, I already tried this technique and it gives very good results!  ;)

Air6

I don't often come to post a comment about your fantastic work but I regulary read your recent updates and I would like to say that I'm really impressed by your work and your stubbornness to give the more realistic result.

Bravo  &apls

Pikatchoum

Thanks for this very interesting tutorial. Now I understand how you manage to create such beauties. I'd also liked to say a big thanks to the whole team for this georgous and crazy project you're all working on. There're no words to express how impressive it is.  :thumbsup:

Merci !

dsrwhat316

I'm sorry for not posting earlier, Cedric, but I have just been staring in awe and silence of your mastery of the LE  :o

There's just so much to look at; trucks exiting parking spaces onto the streets, scaffolding set up on a renovated building, buses ready to pick up passengers the list goes on and on! I like how you worded your tutorial; I've been using this technique myself for quite awhile now and I could not have worded it better myself. I'm eagerly waiting for more miracles from your Lot Editor!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

RickD

I just finished reading this thread and I still can't believe what I saw. Some of the best SC4 pictures ever! This is an incredible project. I can only guess how much work this must be.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

iamgoingtoeatyou

Nice tutorial, but where did you disappear to? :P

Une_ame

Quotean overlay coming Gare du Nord

At fisrt, I was like, Where's the Fries? (next time we'll wash your mouth out with soap) is an overlay ??? No, I open one more time LE and I've got the answer ;).

BennyBoy76

This is a great job, wonderful

Badsim

Is it a super volcano , the end of times ? Or simply Paris by night ?  ::)

*****************************************************************************************************

The Triumphal Way Team , from 10/01/10 :

Carlos - Debussyman
David - Orange _o
Antoine - Girafe
Ben - Air6
Maxime - Citymax
Vincent - Vnaoned
Paul - Manchou
Matthias - N1_2888
Cédric - Badsim
Emmanuel - Une-ame , honor member .

I'm waiting for news about Youcef ...

*****************************************************************************************************
Well , I think that a « quick » inventory of what is in the pipes is necessary ...

Alex ( Xannepan ) , working on his own initiative , is BATing again his BATs of  Rue de Rivoli (and seems decided to work about parisian draggable bridges too ...): ()flower()

David ( Orange_o) has multiple tasks & projects . He likes suspense but I think that it's time to reveal the last pictures of Grand Palais I received from him ... last year !!!  &apls

Matthias (N1_2888) , is an austrian guy visibly in love with parisian architecture ! Who would blame him ? $%Grinno$%  He has started to BATe , quite properly have to say  , Haussmannians BATs and these BATs are particular & unseen untill now ( so , precious ) angular pieces .  &apls

Antoine (Girafe) , is now taller than ever !  ;D Between two ski lifts (& others projects ) , he should find the time to finish some precious works for the TW Project , mainly typical parisian trees & HD cars , but he should also BAT the Louis Vuitton's building of Champs-Elysées ...  &apls

Maxime ( Citymax ) is currently working on the Moding of T21 examplars . That's for sure a long & tiedous work but it would change radically the look of parisian streets & avenues , instead of my LotEditing « fiddlings » ! That said , parisian signage is very particular with its traffic lights & pedestrian signage at the middle of the roadways .We need to have a closer look at what is possible to do before to launch that big work . Waiting for a decision , I post there a picture of the generic french Mod he is working on ( with his own props ) at Toutsimcities : &apls

Ben ( Air6 ) is very busy in real life but he is still willing to participate . He started a set of HD cars . No doubt for me that they will be the most possibly realistic  car props for SC4 ... alas , I fear the contrast with Mikeseith automatas ! &apls

Paul ( Manchou ) is a new member of the team too . For the time being , he has nothing in the pipes for the project but if you have already visited his BATing thread , you shouldn't doubt about his capacity to surprise us  . (& set the world on fire ! ) &apls

I've got no precise news about Vincent (Vnaoned ) excepted that he's still alive ( ! ) & ready to work again for the project . As reminder , two pictures of his greatest works so far ; Palais de l'Elysées & the fountains of Place de la Concorde :  &apls

Carlos ( Debussyman ) , at least . Carlos is a incredible man you know ... between  La Sorbonne , La Sainte-Chapelle (and others « secret » projects  for sure ) ,  he « slowly hurries » ( if it's possible to say that in english ) to BAT Le Louvre : &apls

Well , all these works being only in the pipes , I'll not risk to make predictions about what will be the progresses of the project between now and April ( when I'll have to go back at work ) . Nothing happens like expected . $%Grinno$%

The only thing I'm sure is that after have studied T21s possibilities with Maxime , and as soon as Alex will have released his BATs of The de Rivoli , I should start again the LotEditing with Rue de Rivoli & Tuilerie's garden along it . Something like this :

Antoine , Matthias , Paul , you can open your respective showcase thread if you're desirous to and as soon as you'll be ready to ... Welcome aboard ! &apls &apls &apls

Thanks for your attention . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Une_ame

You're welcome !!  ;D

Seriously, this is an incredible sum-up of all the projects of the team. The pics you choose are awesome and very instructive: I discover stuff I wasn't aware off ! The diago angle hausmannian building (N1_2881) is a very good idea and what can we write after seeing Orange's Grand Palais ??? Nothing, I'm still wondering if the 1st pic (see under) isn't photoshoped !  :o

And like my son used to say : What's gonna work ? Team work !

Lowkee33

Looks like some great work coming down the line.  Do I see seasonable trees there? :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Quote from: Badsim on September 30, 2010, 11:56:02 AM
Maxime ( Citymax ) is currently working on the Moding of T21 examplars . That's for sure a long & tiedous work but it would change radically the look of parisian streets & avenues , instead of my LotEditing « fiddlings » ! That said , parisian signage is very particular with its traffic lights & pedestrian signage at the middle of the roadways .We need to have a closer look at what is possible to do before to launch that big work . Waiting for a decision , I post there a picture of the generic french Mod he is working on ( with his own props ) at Toutsimcities : &apls

He did what  :o ?! A-ma-zing! That's a lot of work to do that advanced T21ing. If it's released, I might alter some models for myself to convert it into my own style  ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Girafe

Amazing team work !!!

Lot of talents around one project  :)

Good stuffs from every one, I am amazed by Orange Grand Palais and fountains from Vnaoned  ::)

I am glad to see you there as you said us few weeks ago .

About my work:
I worked again on "cut" trees with new versions and of course 3dsmax, we will see about the size and others things. Which concerns the cars props the problem is that I must to re-work all models with new scale what could be a problem because R6 uses another one so maybe he has more time than me, and is more able to do this pack we will see together.

Anyway I am ready to continue this fabulous baby.  :)

Lowkee33
: yep it's seasonal
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

RickD

Amazing! I don't have words for it.  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Badsim

Thanks for your comments . :thumbsup:

Just a teaser pic ,  to thank Vincent (Vnaoned ) for the Obelisk of Louxor he sent to me 3 days ago  &apls ... although he had serious troubles to solve with his computer and he is currently not able to export his models himself . Thank you  Paul ( Manchou ) ,  for having done the job . :thumbsup:

It wasn't my  intention , but finally I'm going to firstly finish Place de la Concorde . Still more car props to add to render the famous olympic traffic jam of this giant roundabout ,  complementing  the partial Transit Enabling ... and then the third Lot to build as well ... See you soon with the result & a complete set of views . ;D

Cédric .

Evillions8

???  Did I just see RL in SC4? %confuso

That looks WAY TOO real for me, even for SC4!!! ?=mad)=

You man, are a man man and what I mean by that is a good thing.  You've just produced some artistic work right there.  Do you do professional modeling by any chance?

Lowkee33

What?   :shocked2:

I won't be able to take it if that is automata going through that lot.  Are those pedestrians timed with the cars waiting for them?