• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WC_EEND

Quote from: Patricius Maximus

WC_EEND: I am assuming "RHW-6" would be the C version. It certainly would be possible, but it would take up 3 tiles.

I was actually hoping for an RHW-6S  ;)
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

MandelSoft

@Xylodoria: I can make some 20m tall lights for the RHW-10, if you like. This mod looks like my first RHWAM. Maybe your mod is like a new RHWAM... Anyway, it's still nice work!

@jmvl: Stunning! With better texture you puzzle piece would be great, but I assume that you've already planned to do that.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Ryan B.

Fantastic work!  However, I do have a thought:

The transition seems a bit too 'cramped' for me.  The curves in the middle for the mainlanes are much too severe.  I think a longer, more diagonal lane shift would work much better - and it will also even out the MIS ramps.

Tarkus

jmvl, congratulations on making your first puzzle piece!  The first one is always the toughest. ;)  I agree with Ryan (burgsabre87) it might be a little bit cramped.  Also, I'd be happy to improve the textures on it for you.  :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Glazert

I would also be very interested in the splitter that WC_EEND suggests. There is a motorway junction near me which uses just such splits/merges.

Blue Lightning

jmvl: Congrats! I personally know how hard it its to make puzzle pieces when i started about 2 months ago. Actually, right now I'm working on Double Decker RHW4 over AVE and RHW-FLUPs. I hope it all goes well for you. If you want to, you can take a look at RUL 0x10000002, as it is the Texture Override RUL. If you do need any help, feel free to contact any member of the NAM team (they are very helpful). Also, if you do, you may ask me. Anyway, keep up the good work! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more awesome work from you. :)

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

LE0

I like WC_EENDs idea but I think the RHW-6 should be a FHW. So the inner 3 lanes of RHw-10 would be FHW and outer 2 lanes would split into Rhw-4.
:thumbsup:
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Tarkus

I'd say just do WC_EEND's idea just like it is.  It'd basically be the RHW-10 version of the existing RHW-8/Dual RHW-4 Splitter.

-Alex

b22rian

Quote from: Tarkus on March 04, 2009, 11:01:44 AM
jmvl, congratulations on making your first puzzle piece!  The first one is always the toughest. ;)  I agree with Ryan (burgsabre87) it might be a little bit cramped.  Also, I'd be happy to improve the textures on it for you.  :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

I too would like to add my congrats !..JMVL...

For you to come this far this fast is truly remarkable...
Not only that but for functional type players such as myself, ive been dying to have the very
piece which you created ... and no doubt many others feel the same way..
The higher traffic capacity of the RHW- 6 C  over the rhw - 6 S, is why i sometimes favor it,
despite the great flexibility the rhw - 6 S gives you...

Thanks a lot for all your hard work and efforts..,

Brian

Xyloxadoria

Well i fished the mod without making new lights. If people seem to want it i could make a V2 with bigger lights. They wouldn't be that hard to model (I have one already done form a old BAT somewhere)

Here is a link to to the fullsize version:
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee171/ChrisLSimpson/RHWOverview.jpg

It will be on the STEX and is also attached to the post. (Hopefullly it will attach this time)

MOD Insatallation and Notes

To Install just put the file of your choice into your Rural Highway folder. You can only use one file at a time, this includes the High Mast Lighting mod i released earlier.

Due to a glitch that is not yet solved with T21s, the barriers and lights might not show up on preexisting RHW networks. To fix that, just click on the RHW with your RHW tool, and they will show up.

Swamper77

Quote from: Xyloxadoria on March 04, 2009, 09:54:19 PM
Due to a glitch that is not yet solved with T21s, the barriers and lights might not show up on preexisting RHW networks. To fix that, just click on the RHW with your RHW tool, and they will show up.

Xylo,

There isn't a way around this issue. The game can't load what it doesn't have installed at startup.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

andreharv

Nice work jmvl!  This is a much needed addition.  The great thing about making networks from scratch is that you can put in your own personal touch to it.  I like your style.  One thing I have learned is that you should not worry too much about spacial constraints...so make it sssssmooooooth lol.  Textures are going to be the hardest thing to master.  The trumpet interchange was the first interchange I made and it looks like a cracker that someone stepped on (imo) I will revise the trumpet textures btw.  As long as it adds functionality to the game, that's what's more important to me.  I would much rather have a pathed junction than pretty eye candy.  I have yet to learn how to make 2d network junctions.  With that said, keep up the good work!

mcarch

I'm having a problem.  I followed all directions from the Readme to the help here in this thread.  My RHW-6S is connected to my neighboring region... however, cars are not using it.  I've crossed the RHW-2 peice over each side of the RHW-6S (both directions) still nothing happens.  I've also done it where you connect both directions together, and still again, nothing has happened.  Any ideas?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
mcarch

jmvl

While you were posting your replies, I was sleeping, so I've to answer a lot of replies.

Patricius Maximus:
Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 04, 2009, 09:16:40 AM
That's great news. Those transitions are needed desperately in my regions. I hope when finished it will be released, as either part of RHW 4.0, a 3.x update, or an add-on package.
I also need them in my region. (That's one the reasons why I've created it. :D) Of course I will release those Puzzle Pieces when they're ready so that everyone is able to use them.
burgsabre87:
Quote from: burgsabre87 on March 04, 2009, 10:25:02 AM
Fantastic work!  However, I do have a thought:

The transition seems a bit too 'cramped' for me.  The curves in the middle for the mainlanes are much too severe.  I think a longer, more diagonal lane shift would work much better - and it will also even out the MIS ramps.
I agree with that, burgsabre87.
Tarkus:
Quote from: Tarkus on March 04, 2009, 11:01:44 AM

-Alex (Tarkus)
Thank you for your offer to improve the textures! ;) I've sent a PM to you about it.
Blue Lightning:
Quote from: Blue Lightning on March 04, 2009, 01:52:09 PM
jmvl: Congrats! I personally know how hard it its to make puzzle pieces when i started about 2 months ago. Actually, right now I'm working on Double Decker RHW4 over AVE and RHW-FLUPs. I hope it all goes well for you. If you want to, you can take a look at RUL 0x10000002, as it is the Texture Override RUL. If you do need any help, feel free to contact any member of the NAM team (they are very helpful). Also, if you do, you may ask me. Anyway, keep up the good work! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see more awesome work from you. :)

Vince
Thank you for that. Your Double Decker RHW-4 abouve Avenue looks very good! :thumbsup: I don't need the RUL 0x10000002 file right now, but thanks for saying it. Maybe it will be very useful for me in the future.
Xyloxadoria:
Your RHW Barriers/Lights MOD looks great! Good work! :thumbsup:
b22rian:
Quote from: b22rian on March 04, 2009, 06:12:43 PM
I too would like to add my congrats !..JMVL...

For you to come this far this fast is truly remarkable...
Not only that but for functional type players such as myself, ive been dying to have the very
piece which you created ... and no doubt many others feel the same way..
The higher traffic capacity of the RHW- 6 C  over the rhw - 6 S, is why i sometimes favor it,
despite the great flexibility the rhw - 6 S gives you...

Thanks a lot for all your hard work and efforts..,

Brian
Thanks for that. One of the reasons why I've created it is the higher traffic capacity of the RHW-6C over the RHW-6S.
andreharv:
Quote from: andreharv on March 05, 2009, 01:41:58 AM
Nice work jmvl!  This is a much needed addition.  The great thing about making networks from scratch is that you can put in your own personal touch to it.  I like your style.  One thing I have learned is that you should not worry too much about spacial constraints...so make it sssssmooooooth lol.  Textures are going to be the hardest thing to master.  The trumpet interchange was the first interchange I made and it looks like a cracker that someone stepped on (imo) I will revise the trumpet textures btw.  As long as it adds functionality to the game, that's what's more important to me.  I would much rather have a pathed junction than pretty eye candy.  I have yet to learn how to make 2d network junctions.  With that said, keep up the good work!
Thanks for liking my style. Also, the curves in the middle for the main lanes will be smooth. My Puzzle Piece will have a longer, more diagonal lane shift for the main lanes. The textures will be fixed also. Like you, my first priority is a pathed junction with textures, my second priority is a pathed junction with good textures. The texture of your trumpet interchange doesn't look very nice at some places, but that doesn't matter, it's pathed and it works, and that is great!

Also I want to thank everybody else who has congratulated me.

Patricius Maximus

Good news. I hope progress can be made.

WE_EECD: An RHW-6C like you mentioned would take up 3 tiles, but it is certainly possible to make.

A200

Just some requests:

- Elevated RHW2, 6C, 6S, 8 and especially 10 (and have the ability to draw el RHW over any network in simcity 4- including RAM (when it is released), SAM, T-RAM (GLR on Road & GLR in Road), GLR in Avenue)
- Double height elevated RHW (and have the ability to have double el RHW over el RHW and all networks as described above)
- RHW Toll Booths
- Euro RHW road texture
- RHW Bridges for ALL networks (including el and double el RHW) with all possible bridge designs (like arches, cantilever etc.)
- RHW 12 (they exist  $%Grinno$% in Australia- the new Gateway Mwy will be 12 lanes)
- Proper neighbourhood connections (have a prop that we place next to a loop connector that hides it behind normal RHW texture)
- RHW T2 lanes and bus lanes
- More transition pieces (RHW2 > RHW 6C, 6S, 10, 12, RHW 4 > RHW 8, 10, 12, and basically all networks to all networks transition (like double height RHW 10 > ground RHW 2 (lol that would be a funny sight!!))

XD

dragonshardz

had an idea: take Xylo's original mod (the lights+barriers v1) for the 6, turn it into a starter piece for a pathless network, and boom! modular center barriers.

Blue Lightning

A200: Lets go down the list...
- ""
- uh, *ahem*
- Someone can BAT and mod some, I can mod them, maybe BAT
- Check with SA
- As of now, only 4, 2, and MIS can be done conventionally. Maybe if someone finds a workaround, then maybe
- Not likely
- Possible
- Bus lanes can only be done with lots, and thats for an entire tile, not just a single lane or two
- Coming soon(ish)
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

A200

Why isn't double height El RHW not possible? you did it for Monorail and Elevated Rail  ???

Kitsune

RHW 6S bridges have been made, check choco's thread, there buried somewhere in there  :D.
~ NAM Team Member