• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Lightning

mrtnrln: Close, but its actually the 8R ;)

Haljackey: The extra lane is on the same tile, and only the shoulder is on the extra tile (so 4-5 tiles depending on setup). Capacity and functionality wise, its similar to the RHW4 and 6S deal. It has the same capacity as a 6C. I'm still playing with the alpha of the shoulder, so it should be thinner soon.

Vince
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jmvl

Quote from: Haljackey on May 24, 2009, 09:12:12 AM
jmvl:  Its always great to see further RHW-6C connections, great work!  It also looks a little funky since you are using the Euro textures with an American transition.   $%Grinno$%  Keep at it!   :thumbsup:

Maybe I should use the American textures in the future while making a picture to put on the forums. &idea Or I need some Euro textures for my Puzzle Piece.

Monorail Master

I'm just wondering about something we forgot to add in 3.0

OBJECT:  Elevated RHW-4 to Elevated Highway conversion

I mean, there is one for RHW-4 to ground hwy. Why cant there be an elevated conversion? It's great if u have to place an elevated interchange and u don't have room for an interchange using RHW parts. So can you all try to build that form of conversion?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

remanh

You can use the ELAVE-ELHWY puzzle piece.

noahclem

Excellent work Joris, Alex, and Vince! As always, your contributions are much appreciated! One question for now: is RHW 4.0 anticipated to contain RHW-4/ERHW-4 diagonal on-slope transitions or wide-radius ERHW-4 turns? That would be of great help for realistic appearance in those giant interchanges we're all scheming up! Thanks again!

-Noah

CityMaster563

I have been wondering...
Is version 4.0 going to have elevated RHW 6, 8,and elevated RHW 10 Like this:

That's a picture of an elevated RHW 6.
I think that there should be Maxis highway over RHW puzzle pieces, and RHW over RHW puzzle pieces.
Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: CityMaster563 on May 24, 2009, 02:54:58 PM
Is version 4.0 going to have elevated RHW 6, 8,and elevated RHW 10 Like this:

That's a picture of an elevated RHW 6.

Well.. I don't see any elevation on this picture... these are just guidrails that are installed on the Highway... you can see something like this in Europe, for example on the german "Autobahn" as you can see here:
http://blog.lastro.cc/img/cr257.jpg

Btw. good work! I love the new RHW :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Actually that is Elevated cause you can see a bit of the pylings underneath.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

CityMaster563

This is how an elevated RHW 8 would look like:

and I think that there should be ground highway over elevated RHWs, like this:
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?

deathtopumpkins

NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

darraghf

Yes I'm intrigued to find out how you did that. Tell me more please?
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

CityMaster563

I just have ideas.
If we have wide RHWs, then how about making the Maxis Highways more than just
3 lanes on each side. In real life, urban highways can be 4 lanes on each side like this:

How about the avenues in the NWM:

Sorry if this is off topic, but I think we should have a road with two lanes on each
side with the double yellow line dividing it as shown in the picture only one tile wide.
good for those overcrowded downtown areas. ;D
I love the Rural Highway Mod! I've built them in almost every city!
story/

io_bg

There's such a 1 tile road in the NWM thread. But I don't thing wider maxis highways are a good idea. They're just ugly, some of their interchanges are ugly... I'd prefer the RHW instead of the maxis highway.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

CityMaster563

Yeah, I understand about the Maxis Highways, but in the NWM, the one tile road only has 2 lanes on one side, and 1 lane on two sides.
story/

MandelSoft

MHWs (Maxis highways) and avenues are different than the RHW and NWM. The NWM and RHW are based upon one-tile network (The NWM actually uses the Road-network and the RHW uses an unfinished network). We know how we can mod one-tile networks with puzzle-piece overrides. This technique is used for the RHW, SAM, STR and NWM. But with MHWs and avenues, it's a whole different story, because these are two-tile networks, and I don't think anyone has figured out yet how to make puzzle-piece overrides for those networks. If you want to change a thing of these networks (like a 4-lane MHW), you must change the whole network, and that's hard stuff. There are literally hundreds of S3D models for the MHW (that's one thing I found out when making the HRS mod, and still a lot is not finished). So I think, a lot of this will remain a dream.

There you have the true purpose of the RHW: making highways, narrower and wider than the MHWs

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

KoV Liberty

Amazing!  :o But one question... Are they photoshopped?  ???

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

JoeST

A small point, but ground over elevated doesnt work.... unless you live in an Escher-ian universe :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

CityMaster563

Here's how an AVE-6 intersections should look like:

RHW version 3.2 has Avenue over RHW, road over RHW, OWR over RHW, and
Rail over RHW puzzle pieces, so why not add RHW over RHW puzzle pieces? ;D
Elevated RHW-6 over RHW-8:

story/

io_bg

Nice photoshopping but in real life such big stoplight would collapse ;)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

CityMaster563

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on May 25, 2009, 11:12:44 AM
Amazing!  :o But one question... Are they photoshopped?  ???
Yes, they are Photoshopped.  ;)
I used paint.
now you all know. ;D
I really think that all those exept for the wider Maxis highways should
be in the NWM, and RHW.
story/