• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icfan

Alex -
I followed you here so i can keep up with the RHW and the TLA, only to find out more information on here than on ST.  Keep up the great work! &apls

blunderclod

Thanks Shifted.
The clue was the slope Mods. After doing a little searching I found it, temp. removed it and was able to build RHW over hills.

-Susan Marie aka Blunderclod

icfan

I ran into a problem with the RHW.  I have the NAM RHW version, the latest.  I can not run the RHW inot one-way roads or even into ground-highways.  Plus I have only one icon the where the default ATN (or whatever its called, can not think of it off the time of my head) for the RHW, is this suppose to happen?

Thanks,

Tyler

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIs there any chance that you could create a set of textures without those cateyes as well? They would make an awesome European RHW!

That's easily done - the cats-eyes are actually a separate layer from the rest of the texture - one of the most important things I've done is actually to separate the layers so for all four pieces (the straight, street intersection, and the inner street, as well as the outer street), all I need is the one PSD file.

icfan: I think it's a feature of the new RHW. Try starting the OW tile next to the RHW, and the game will do the rest. Avenues will work better, though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Shadow Assassin

Later that day...

Got the corners done. Also Wealth Dependent. I have to do the underpasses next, as well as improving the OW/AVE-RHW transition.

If people are wondering about the wider RHW textures - if any are going to be done, etc, these will actually be done as soon as I find out the precise specifications of the textures (ESPECIALLY the RHWMIS :P). But it'll be pretty similar to what we're seeing with the expansion of the RHW pieces like rickmastfan's doing.
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

Andreas

icfan

Shadow Assassin - Thanks for the tips, I am using the OW to transfer the RHW into the Big Dig lots.

blahdy

Quote from: icfan on July 08, 2007, 12:31:05 PM
Shadow Assassin - Thanks for the tips, I am using the OW to transfer the RHW into the Big Dig lots.

yea, for now that's good idea as presently there is no RHW<->BIGDIG conversion lots available.

However, due to the recent bigdig-NAM merger, RHWMIS-BigDig components are being worked on.  So when they are released in the future, one-way enabled big dig lots should only be used for downtown/city arterial environments.  Dedicated RHW-BIGDIG highway pieces would be made, for being used in highway environment.

blahdy

new updated work for rickmast's lane merger texture:

rickmastfan, there is another sign bridge gantry that's sitting empty that needs to have some signs on it.  if you have any particular signs that you want to request to be put up in the model, let me know.

thundercrack83

I am shocked! Shocked at how realistic those signs look, blahdy! Excellent work, my friend! Excellent work!

Shadow Assassin

VERY nice work, blahdy. Are they props, or will it include the ground texture? (I actually hope it doesn't :P)

I got my hands on some extra textures from Alex, and I'll post the end result below:

This is the Aussie version of rickmast's texture. In Australia, that third lane beginning like that (on the right side of the image) is quite common.

And the RHWMIS offramp:

Now, if some people are wondering why I've got the background a shade of grey rather than white, it's because the existing RHWMIS puzzle pieces have problems with white borders and the like. I have already spliced these textures up, ready for easy addition into the game when Alex releases his RHWMIS.

Next up: Doing the underpasses. The RHW has yet to have these done.
New Horizons Productions

blahdy

Shadow_Assassin: it will be a giant prop.  LOD work to show vehicle automata will be quite a challenge if the texture was to be included.  I'm using rickmast's texture in 3ds max to basically guide myself on where to place the signs and structures before rendering.

Pat

WoW y'all what amazing progress here... great job and keep up that hard work

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rickmastfan67

Quote from: blahdy on July 08, 2007, 09:11:05 PM
rickmastfan, there is another sign bridge gantry that's sitting empty that needs to have some signs on it.  if you have any particular signs that you want to request to be put up in the model, let me know.

I have to think about that.  Should have an idea later today.
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

metasmurf

Shadow Assassin

I need a little help here - does anybody know how to transit-enable for the RHW? I have a little problem because even though the lot plops onto the RHW just fine, I cannot draw the RHW into the lot itself to clean up the connection.

Is there any voodoo magic I have to do to get it to work? :P
New Horizons Productions

slincoln

With those lanes like that I wonder if it would be possible to make exit only lanes for the MIS exits, and then make entrances to the freeway have that 3rd lane for merging....

Jonathan

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on July 09, 2007, 06:01:02 AM
I need a little help here - does anybody know how to transit-enable for the RHW? I have a little problem because even though the lot plops onto the RHW just fine, I cannot draw the RHW into the lot itself to clean up the connection.

Is there any voodoo magic I have to do to get it to work? :P

Shadow Assassin: In SC4Tool just TE the lot for road (make sure you have the directions the way you want), save and then in the Reader change the 13th rep of the tile you want TE'd for the RHW to 0x0000000B and save it sould now be TE'd for RHW

jplumbley

@SA   Those interchange pieces if they are going to be part of MIS, should probably be puzzle pieces as that is what Tarkus is using for all the other MIS pieces.  It may even be possible to get that to be draggable if I had the textures  ::).
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Filasimo

slincoln: although that is a good idea that has already been mention itll eventually be worked on
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//