• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

I think the crosswalk lines should be removed.  They define where pedestrians can walk across a road, and pedestrians are not allowed on the kind of highways that involve on/offramps.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

DFire870

The crosswalks are so people can go from one side of the two-lane road to the other. I've seen them around a few intersections.
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

riponite

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 25, 2007, 07:25:50 PM
You'd be surprised at how close it is actually to being done (since the El-RHW4's been done a while ago), which means it'd be quite easy to see a Super-2 option.

Thanks S.A.,

That's so cool.  Thanks for the update.   :)  I am so happy you all are able to do such a wonderful job on this.  I wish I had the proper skill set and the time to help out, but I simply don't have either right now.  So...  I appreciate your work all the more.

Thanks again.

Riponite

riponite

Quote from: nerdly_dood on October 26, 2007, 12:41:10 PM
I think the crosswalk lines should be removed.  They define where pedestrians can walk across a road, and pedestrians are not allowed on the kind of highways that involve on/offramps.

I see what you are talking about.  Instead, maybe the crosswalk should be across the ramps so that people walking along the road can safely (and legally) cross the ramp entrance without being run over by traffic.  Just a thought.  In a rural situation, there wouldn't be any crosswalks at such an intersection, but this piece has to function in cities and the country. 

As for the shading of the piece, I'll be happy for whatever I get.  Keep up the great work, RHW team.  Thanks.  You're great!!!   :thumbsup:

Cheers!
Riponite.

Crissa

The crosswalk would run the other direction, across the ramp, if it was there at all.

-Crissa

JGCarter

It really depends. Sometimes there are crosswalks going all 4 ways. Its honestly a matter of preference.  &mmm

Palpatine001

Personally all 4 ways for the crossings would be great for ummmm safety's sake  :satisfied:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Shadow Assassin

What do people think about this new texture I've been playing around with for the RHW? Disregard the dashed outside lines, they're not there anymore.

EDIT: The way I've done the textures will ensure intercompatibility with the UHW, which will be given the same makeover for consistency.

So, basically, if people like this, this is what will be done:
- RHW-2, 4, 6, 8 (when the wider ones come out later down the track)
- RHWMIS
- UHW

So, a massive pack, really. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

WOW

They are amazing... like completely ACE. That black is just soooo sexy

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

M4346

I came, I saw, I concurred! (with star.torturer, that is)  :thumbsup:

I love your version of the RHW texture and have, accordingly, been using it ever since its release. It reminds me of home, and I truly love it!  ;D

So, please, do continue with your amazing work SA!  &apls  $%Grinno$%
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Crissa

Well, out here in the west we don't get crossings along ramps, ever - because no ped traffic should be coming on or off the ramps.

-Crissa

Toichus Maximus

that is some quality texture right there  &apls

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Meastro444

looks great, but your others looked better imho. this one does look a little to "new"

still, i'll download if it gets released!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

thundercrack83

Looks great, SA! I like the uniformity between all the different types of roads!

bat

That is looking fantastic, SA! Great looking textures! :thumbsup: Wonderful work so far.

Palpatine001

Nice work on the textures there indeed

Will be interesting to see how well they work in Solaria  :thumbsup:
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Haljackey

WOW SA!  They totally match the texture of the other road networks!  Amazing work! 

And you say that the texture will match the ground/elevated highways also?  That would be outstanding!

Excellent job! I can't wait to "re-texture-ize" the Maxis highway system!

Keep it up!
-Haljackey

allan_kuan1992

Wow.... that looks like a pretty good patch of textures... although I don't think it will suit me that well...

speaking of textures, more attached below, the diagonal part of the RHW2 and the reworked transitions from RHW to OWR and RD.

- Allan Kuan

Haljackey

allan_kuan1992:  Hey, Nice job there!  I prefer the "no passing" lines to the current RHW-2 because not only does it match the current roads in a better way, it is more common to see these on busier highways (real life RHW-2s)!

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup: