• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] SCAG Airbus Project

Started by joelyboy911, January 18, 2010, 01:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

@Hyped Up Boy (don't get too hyped up :D) Yep, I sure am.

Here is the result of the HD vs SD test of the A300 in game. The top two pictures are Zoom 5 and the bottom is obviously zoom 6 (reduced somewhat).

I'd suggest that in Zoom 5, the untrained eye wouldn't know the difference between the two.

In Zoom 5 the HD version has less anti-aliased writing, however on this particular model the effects of that are fairly negligible - the titles (English ones at least) are equally readable on both versions.

In fact, I think the HD version looks to have less "Noise" in the texture at Zoom 5.

So for me, I'm sticking with HD for this BAT. Feel free to share your opinion, however comments discussing HD vs Not in a general sense may be removed. Lets keep it relevant to this project please.  :)
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

WC_EEND

Well, my opinion on all of this is that HD is the way forward.
feel free to delete (a part of) this post if you think it's not relevant to the project.

Other than that, I can't even see the difference in zoom 5 and zoom 6 looks way better (although the SD version does look remarkably less pixelated than some other SD BATs I've seen.

take care

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Gilikov1994

Great to see it in-game :thumbsup:
b.t.w, new airbridges :)?
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

ShadeSlayer

Joel, it's looking great. I never knew the doors were so far to the rear on the plane, though. The more you know...

joelyboy911

Thanks everyone.

@Xander, don't worry, I don't want to delete your post - I was just worried that this topic might be hijacked by people wanting to have their argument about HD or not. The Zoom 6 looks less pixelated probably because i resized it from 1024 to 640 to fit neatly in the picture.

@Gilivok, yes, these Airbridges are new, but only as new as the pictures i showed of it on the last couple of pages.  ::)

@Shadeslayer, are you referring to the Airbridge's placement at the second-to-front door?

As you can see from these images of American Airlines A300s at JFK, it is possible to dock the A300 at either door. This project will have a mix of the two.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Just to let everyone know, I've started rendering the A300s. At this rate I expect to see a LEX Submission within 3-4 weeks. Unfortunately this leaves the Release Date still unknown, but 6 weeks from today would be an (extremely) optimistic estimate.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

Well, I've been rendering away these A300s. You'll be glad to know that I've exported about 60% of the needed models so far, so soon I'll be starting the lots and getting them to a releasable state. But since LE and BAT don't like eachother and won't run successfully simultaneously, I decided to try something else.

I've successfully made my first ever Mayor Mode Ploppable. I've added all the stand-alone (non-airbridge) versions that I've rendered so far to the Plop Chain, which will be expanded with the remaining models once I render them.

These MMPs can be planted onto most (if not all, I haven't checked) of the currently available Airport surfaces, the RMIP-2 taxiways and runways, as well as the RMIP Aprons, as demonstrated by these pictures:

I intend to release this as a side-release to the main lotted set of the Airbus A300s, and if the idea is well received, I'll extend it to the other models in the Airbus Series when I get to them as well. Let me know what you think of the idea.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

nekseb

That would be great!
Now we have the choice to make our airports look more like real life with trafic on the TW's.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

WC_EEND

That my friend is a brilliant idea! It sure as hell saves me the time of lotting them on the taxiways and runways and going trough the way to clogged airport menu to find the lot with the plane you want.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

firdausabdullah

I am all for it, absolutely brilliant Joel  :thumbsup: Pls include the Malaysian Airline in your first release. Honestly it doesn't really matter if its in HD or not, as most of us would probably use zoom 4 or 5 most of the time, as I do. Great work with this project  &apls

Gilikov1994

yeah! great idea, I'm excited to see the other ones..
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

joelyboy911

Thanks everyone, I've added the older-model A300s to a plop chain as well, and I'm sure I'll be continuing this idea in the future.

@Firdausabdullah I'll definitely be including the HD Malaysian Airlines A300 in this release.  :)

OK Everyone, I've rendered and started lotting the A300s. In the mean time, I've also begun work on the A310s.

Here is a provisional livery list:

Passenger
  • Air Transat
  • Emirates Airline
  • IranAir
  • KLM
  • PanAm
  • Uzbekistan Airlines (it's a great livery, look it up)
  • Request A
    • Request B
      Cargo
    • FedEx
    • Emirates SkyCargo
    • Request C

So there's not a lot of space for requests on this one. I'd recommend you get in fast.

I'll have pictures soon.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

feliwi

Here's a list of possible suggestions, I would like to have in SC4. Coose none/one/some/all:

Air India
Pakistan International
Singapore Airlines
S7
Tarom
Aeroflot
Kenya Airways
Yemenia
Biman Bangladesh
Royal Jordanian

From my point f view I would say that the liveries of "Royal Jordanian" and "S7" look best and would be the best addition to our airports.
Can't wait for some pics
Swissair

RG59061

I would also like to ask for a few more Cargo carriers.

I would like to see UPS and DHL as they both still operate the A300/310 Freighter derivatives.

There is also TNT Cargo...they'd be cool too!

Thanks guys!
RG59061
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

i_love_lamp

Wow, I CANNOT wait, I may be a true blue red blooded american Boeing man, but i declare this to be BEAST

joelyboy911

Thanks guys.

@feliwi - Thanks for the list. I think I'll add S7, but I'll leave Royal Jordanian until I do the A340-200 (to make up numbers on that line).

@RG59061 - Thanks, I've already got DHL and TNT in the A300, but UPS doesn't operate the A310 (and I'm not adding any more to the A300 at this time).

@i_love_lamp - Thank you!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

RG59061

Quote from: joelyboy911 on March 24, 2010, 09:45:54 PM
Thanks guys.

@feliwi - Thanks for the list. I think I'll add S7, but I'll leave Royal Jordanian until I do the A340-200 (to make up numbers on that line).

@RG59061 - Thanks, I've already got DHL and TNT in the A300, but UPS doesn't operate the A310 (and I'm not adding any more to the A300 at this time).

@i_love_lamp - Thank you!

Awesome! Thank you very much Joelyboy, I forgot you'd made the DHL and TNT jets in the A300 pack.
Looking forward to these big ol' Buses...Air-buses! ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Delta ²k5]

joelyboy911

Well, I'd like to make Lufthansa, in a way, but the thing is Lufthansa also operates A330s and A340s, and I've already done their A300. To be fair, I think I'll leave Lufthansa out of the initial A310 release, but there's a better than even chance I'll revisit all the models in the series to fill outstanding requests.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

doodoovolant

Would be cool to do an Air France livery