• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-2 Textures

Started by Nique, January 21, 2009, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nique

Does someone have a map with the ID's behind it? Im getting really sick of searching for hours and hours for that piece ;).
Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

what exactly are you looking for?

Jayson

Swamper77

I think he's wanting a chart or table with pictures of the textures and their ID's. I don't have time to make one as I'm busy with other stuff.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

sithlrd98

I don't either...if it were me , I would use SC4tool and export the textures (that way you have the Ids and you can get the .png (or .BMP) whichever you want.  These mods are usually time consuming , so be patient!

Jayson

Nique

Yea i am on Windows Vista so That SC4Tool does not work properly.

I thought maybe someone was crazy enough to index those parts on a page / wiki ... with ID so it is easy for the rest to see if there are changes and 'what' changes where make. (I saw that some ID's are not the same anymore since NAM3.0 / RHW3.0).

But now i have installed Virtual PC with Windows XP.. and as far i can see it is working. (but slow ;) ).

If i have time i will code (php/mysql) a webpage to index all the pieces with ID number
Proudly developer of

Nique

Okay, at the moment i have done some textures. I'll show them below. But first, i have absolutely no idea why the texture on the road at the left renders 2 steps (or something) sidewards from the normal road? Is this a common problem?

&mmm
Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

Ok , I'm not exactly sure what method you are using...texture replacement via copy/paste over the existing texture in a photo editing program or creating from scratch. If it is copy/paste , then i would take both textures (yours and existing) put them in one folder , set folder to filmstrip , and go back and forth between them ...I'll bet you are just a smidge off (I had a lot of problems at first matching exactly for my mods) If you are creating new , they have to be the exact size as the original.

Jayson

Nique

Well i think it is not possible while i just restyled the 'basic' texture also (straight piece).

I think it has something to do with the fact that the default euro texture style uses 3 pixels in the middle... but you cannot put 3px width in the middle of 128px. So one side is smaller than the other. When you flip the pattern horizontaly (in game vertical) you will notice that it moved some pixels ...

So the best solution is to make the road exacly in the middle. With the marks on it.
Proudly developer of

sithlrd98

Well whatever the outcome , I like what I'm seeing so far! :thumbsup:

Jayson

Nique

Thnx,

Now i got it totaly in the middle, maybe i toke the wrong 'road' ID?

By the way: The green line in the middle means the driver may speed up to 100 Km/ph
Proudly developer of

Ryan B.

They really use green lines like that in Holland?  Cool!

As for your problem there, I think it's our classic '1-pixel offset' bug.  Even I have problems getting around that.

sithlrd98

Quote from: Nique on January 22, 2009, 07:05:11 PM
By the way: The green line in the middle means the driver may speed up to 100 Km/ph
I had no idea!
As far as the last pic... ()what()

Jayson

Nique

Well i think i have fixed it.. :) When the road is not in the middle, you will have problems or you have to make 2 types: one for up and one for down. As i don't (yet) know how to do that.. i decided to center the road more.
(real green markings:)

Back to the game, i fixed it:

Anyway, new mission: Get rid of that stupid white gap..
Proudly developer of

Tarkus

It may be an Alpha issue, or there may be a one pixel strip at the very edge of the texture that's not quite covered.

Otherwise, it's looking very nice.  I've not seen the green strip down the middle before myself--that's a pretty cool concept.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Nique

Quote from: Tarkus on January 22, 2009, 08:02:13 PM
It may be an Alpha issue, or there may be a one pixel strip at the very edge of the texture that's not quite covered.

Otherwise, it's looking very nice.  I've not seen the green strip down the middle before myself--that's a pretty cool concept.

-Alex (Tarkus)

I will look for the damn transparency spot in that region ;),

Do you (or someone else) know why 'plopped' pieces are brighter than the normal 'dragable' network? Can i fix it?

Thank you
Proudly developer of

Tarkus

Quote from: Nique on January 22, 2009, 09:56:39 PM
Do you (or someone else) know why 'plopped' pieces are brighter than the normal 'dragable' network? Can i fix it?

Yes--it's because the draggable pieces are generally textures (exceptions being the Elevated RHW-4 and MIS), whereas plopped pieces are always model-based.  The game renders the textures slightly brighter when they are applied to models.  Usually, you need to adjust the coloration on the textures being applied to ploppables.  There's a few formulas floating around.  I generally use -22 Brightness, -6 Hue, which worked fairly well on the RHW Texture Set I did, though it probably could be tweaked a little further.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Nique

Quote from: Tarkus on January 22, 2009, 10:02:59 PM
Yes--it's because the draggable pieces are generally textures (exceptions being the Elevated RHW-4 and MIS), whereas plopped pieces are always model-based.  The game renders the textures slightly brighter when they are applied to models.  Usually, you need to adjust the coloration on the textures being applied to ploppables.  There's a few formulas floating around.  I generally use -22 Brightness, -6 Hue, which worked fairly well on the RHW Texture Set I did, though it probably could be tweaked a little further.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Ahh cool, I hope you know how to do this without affecting the image itself ;). Add a Adjustment Layer on top of the current piece.

1) Select what should be affected
2) (topmenu)> LAYER> ADJUSTMENT LAYER>Brightness & Contrast

You can adjust the brightness within Photoshop.. Look below:

Proudly developer of

dedgren

As for the dashed lines between pieces- change every S3D subfile EXCEPT FOR THE PREVIEW S3D in the puzzle piece using the reader as shown in the pic below.

The properties screen to the right comes up under the "Mats" tab.  Starting from "Flags" down, every S3D Mats tab should look just like this.

The preview S3D can be recognized by its having multiple Mats entries.  It will likely also not have an IID ending in 0-4 or A-E.  In the above example, the preview S3D ends in 5.

This fix, which was developed by our great friend ebina, should solve the problem.

Heh!- Nique:

QuoteBy the way: The green line in the middle means the driver may speed up to 100 Km/ph

Any driver speeding along up here in Alaska at 100 KPH (62 MPH) is likely to wind up getting run over by folks in the slow lane doing 75 (MPH/120 KPH). 

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

So your thinking of making a texture database hey? sounds like an immense project :D good luck. Also nice textures :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nique

Quote from: JoeST on January 22, 2009, 10:56:34 PM
So your thinking of making a texture database hey? sounds like an immense project :D good luck. Also nice textures :)

Joe

Well i try to archive every piece while im working with it in a Text document. Afterwards, 'if' i have time i will try to archive them. But i really hope they will not change the ID numbers again. While it takes a lot of work 'now' ... in the future people will be able to contribute much faster because they can find the pieces they want to edit much faster.

By the way.. thanks for the dashed lines tip.

I'm making good progress now.. in the mean while, just to change work.. is there a good tut around to put props on the side of the road (like milestone's (km piles)) (without plopping around, just like those crash barriers that have been added last summer).
Proudly developer of