• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Becca at BAT

Started by RebaLynnTS, December 31, 2007, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

I'm back, and I'm BATing once again. First up .. the LA River Project.

I did some updates on the ditches (pictured below) and have uploaded then on the STEX and the PLEX.

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

threestooges

Those look pretty good. There's almost too much water in them for LA (kidding of course, but then again, I live near the Santa Ana river which is fairly dry when you get away from the coast). I'll see if I can get some more details on the project, but have you considered a dry version (or transition to)? I'll look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

RebaLynnTS

Once I get the base set done (Ditches and Rivers, Dirty Version) I plan to do a clean version, as well as empty, and full versions, of both. I'll, also, eventually do diagonals, but they are headaches, so may be a while.

Also on the table is a modular set for building storage centers.
Becca

SC4BOY

Come on Reba!!! Make it fill and empty with the seasons!! ;)

RebaLynnTS

SC4BOY .. I am considering that, but word is that so many timed props can really slow down your game. Once I get the basic set done, add-ons will be much easier.
Becca

TopCliff

Don't pressure her! I think the set's fine the way they are. I read an article in Architecture Digest that about thirty miles of the LA River are going to be redone. They'll be terraced, with trees and parklands beside them on either side. The concept photo lloked good. Almost like the Riverwalk in San Antonio. You take however long you need to create the maxmum quality of your work.  ;)
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

RebaLynnTS

Becca

SC4BOY

When you see a message by me with a WINK ;) after it, trust me.. I'm not serious

Nice work Reb!

TopCliff

You are very welcome. When I saw the concept photo, I realized it was a fantasy. I mean, the water was actually blue. And no way it could have been LA. People weren't smoking, they were all smiling, and everyone was dressed properly even though the background was Compton. Continue your great work with pride, and with the knowledge that you are making possibly thousands of people happy and more willing to play the game.  :thumbsup:
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: SC4BOY on January 01, 2008, 04:48:11 PM
When you see a message by me with a WINK ;) after it, trust me.. I'm not serious

Nice work Reb!

I'll remember that ;)
Becca

simonut

Quote from: TopCliff on January 01, 2008, 04:53:12 PM
I mean, the water was actually blue.
The water is still blue in much of the river.

Anyway, good luck with this project!
Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?
-Garth Nix, The Old Kingdom Trilogy

Come visit us over at 

RebaLynnTS

This project is far from finished ... but the base set is almost ready .. look for it next week end.
Becca

RebaLynnTS

The LA River Base set has now been posted at Simtropolis, and SimPeg .. enjoy!
Becca

xxdita

The base set looks good. I'll have to give it a try.
I had a problem with a few of your installers, in that they created the the SimCity/Plugins/RLM/ even when I point it to my plugins folder, or desktop, just to see what was in the file. In the Clickteam Install Creator, if you point the Install Path to #MyDocuments#\SimCity 4\Plugins\RLM
that should put everything in the right place, without any errors by the end users.
Great job with the LA River Project so far, can't wait to use these in a city.

RebaLynnTS

xxdita: I know I had some problems with installers early on, but they should be corrected now. Some of the old ones may need to be updated, and I will be doing that as I update the lots. If you have any trouble with recently updated lots, please let me know.
Becca

RebaLynnTS

Modular Storage System

As you may know, I Batted a few Storage Center Lots (which need to be upgraded a bit) in my early days of BATing, Now I am working on a Modular Storage System (MSS), and wanted to show off some of my work.

Becca

Pat

Thats Loooking real sweeeeet Becca!!! I remember and still have todate PODS growing in my city lol..... Cant wait to play with MSS

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SC4BOY

Looks nice. You've done a nice job of carving a niche for yourself.. :)

RebaLynnTS

Thank you both. I plan to revamp the PODS, I am not happy with the texture.
Becca

RebaLynnTS

Becca