• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Becca at BAT

Started by RebaLynnTS, December 31, 2007, 01:11:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RebaLynnTS

Pat: If I can manage both, I will.

LAR - River

First look at the new stuff. The water is now transparent, you can see the river bed beneath, and the items floating in the river will be in propfamilies, and be a lot more varied. Plus You will be able to see a preview of each piece when ploping it, no more guessing which way it goes.

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Krio

Throw more crap in the sides of flow, because if these are actual LA River-pieces, we can assume that water's flow hasn't always been the same. Now it looks like a stripe in white background. Otherwise excellent job!

RebaLynnTS

Remember, these are only the BAT models for the main pieces, once they are on the lots, they will look a lot dirtier :)
Becca

tag_one

Hi, I really like this project and I think it's a great addition for the game! :thumbsup: I have a small suggestion to make you last BAT of the LAR more realistic. Maybe you can make the sides of the water stream less straight as water never flows in a straight line, even not on slopes. This picture shows a bit what I mean:

:)

Silur

Hi, RebaLynnTS ...
One word - GREAT work ...
(and I think tag_one have right mind with line of water stream) 
Good Luck ...

RebaLynnTS

I'll see what I can do.
Becca

RebaLynnTS

It's not a big change, but I think it helps a lot.

Becca

xxdita

Looks better! Can you do something with the downpour texture in a similar manner?

RebaLynnTS

Quote from: xxdita on January 24, 2008, 07:30:56 AM
Looks better! Can you do something with the downpour texture in a similar manner?

I was thinking about that myself, and I do have an idea.

For now, here is an update on the MSS.

Becca

City Builder

Very nice.  I really like your work.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

RebaLynnTS

CB: Thank you, I like yours as well.

xxdita: how's this one?

Becca

rooker1

It's looking better and better each time.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

xxdita

I like it. LOL the closest I've been to seeing them myself is the car race in Grease, but that's a lot closer!  :D
Nicely improved!

Pat

Becca wow that is looking real sweet!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Becca

Very nice work you are doing here :thumbsup:.
I like the many improvements that appear in each of your posts.
Whats nice is that you are taking the constructive and encouraging comments to heart,
and it shows just how it all helps.

the new textures on the MSS look almost perfect.
and the improvements to the water are much much better :thumbsup:

I look forward to seeing how you progress ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

RebaLynnTS

I think the only thing the MSS lacks is some grime, and dirt, and I have an idea on how to to that so it won't look the same on every piece.

I am now happy with the LAR, and will start rendering it, a little at a time. Going to make sure each piece is just right.
Becca

SC4BOY

Nice work bec.. better be careful or you'll get promoted! ;)

tag_one

Looks much more realistic now :thumbsup:
I'm a big lover of concrete storm drains and I'm very glad you're making these  :)

RebaLynnTS

I already have plans for 308 LAR (River) pieces, and then there is also the Ditch and Stream sets I plan on doing.

Now, about the MSS .. would diagonal pieces be useful?
Becca

SC4BOY

I think that's up to you. This is one case where I don't think missing diagonal pieces is much of a big deal.. just IMO.. Most things I like diagonals, but truly I've never seen one of those that was diagonal.