• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

io_bg's lots (last updated 29.12.)

Started by io_bg, September 03, 2009, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbi

These filler lots are good &apls When will you update them to STEX? :D

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

tag_one

Wonderful lots! Excellent choice of props :thumbsup:
personally I don't mind the change in trees during the season. :)

Sciurus

Beatiful LOTs Ioan! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

djvandrake

I'm a big fan of the seasonal trees, and I think what you have looks great.  :thumbsup:

tamorr

I'm sure seasonal would look best, it doesn't have to be only one type of tree, as I don't mind the tree itself changing with each season. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

hooha47

I really like your lots, especially those sidewalk fillers.  As far as the props go, I've been meaning to ask if there isn't a way to use a seasonal prop family without the trees changing from season to season.  I swear I've seen some lots that work like this, but maybe I'm imagining it.  The other thing you could do is use the street trees from whatever street tree mod the user has installed.  Andreas gave me the information how to do that in my Lot Editor thread.  I can get you a link if you want.  The main thing you need to know for doing that is to use prop family 0xFF5F8400.  Otherwise, you can't go wrong with seasonal trees.
"If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads." - Cake

See all my lots on the STEX
And see my parking lot projects thread here and my mayor mode ploppables thread here

SimNation

Love how this looks...about the trees...why not make at least 1 1x1 straight that has the type of tree family the others do not? that way if you make the whole set seasonal..there is 1 1x1 lot that has a evergreen tree family as hell. Also when you release these puppies I plan to relot the sidewalks to match all wealth types for the JRJ sidewalk mod I use. No point in only having such a lovely sidewalk widening set for just one wealth type for my uses.

io_bg

Thanks for all those comments! Right now I don't have much time to answer all of them, sorry ()sad()
Here are some changes I made.

On the upper row are the evergreen versions of the sidewalk lots. And on the lower, as you can see, are the seasonal versions ;D I removed the prop family and put a maple tree instead which is differently rotated on each lot to give some variety. I think it looks better than before. :)
Here's something else I've been working on - I relotted some of the Maxis parks.
First is the large plaza (to the right is the original one, I use a mod that replaces the original trees with CPs, that's why there aren't any palms :P)

Below is the medium plaza. Although I've removed all tree props in LE, there are still two unwanted trees ???

And here is the small plaza. I made two versions - one with a random prop (like on the original one) - fountain, clock... and the second version is with a tree instead of that random prop.

Any feedback will be appreciated.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Sciurus

Very beautiful, but you should explain me how you do to have random props $%Grinno$%

L'atelier d'architecture

Andreas

Quote from: io_bg on October 08, 2009, 02:36:26 AM
Although I've removed all tree props in LE, there are still two unwanted trees ???

Maybe those are flora props, or trees inside a prop family with bushes and such?
Andreas

WC_EEND

Quote from: Sciurus on October 08, 2009, 06:00:25 AM
Very beautiful, but you should explain me how you do to have random props $%Grinno$%

I think you can do that using prop families

furthermore nice work Ioan!
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

ponnie

That's great work, Ioan  &apls. Once you release these, they'll go straight into the good ole plugins. I agree with SimNation that it would be nice to have filler lots matching the different wealth types, though.

Just keep those great relots coming  ;)!

art128

Excellent work, Ioan. Those reloted maxis parks are awesome and really more realistic than the originals ones. The idea of 2 different versions, is a good touch to put out the repetition in the future city's parks.
As for the sidewalk enlarge lots, I think you should leave as the lower part of the picture show, with different angle of the same trees, but seasonal, that's a good point. I don't really like with the evergreen one, looks too monotonous for my taste.
Can't wait to test them... (If you want eh..)
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Sciurus - Well, this should me a Maxis prop family ;)
Andreas - They're not in the flora tab (I checked it), I'll try with removing the bushes.
WC_EEND - Thanks!
ponnie - Thank you, I still have to make the icons for these and to mod them... this is quite boring, especially because they're 24 lots (4 sidewalk types x 2 types of trees x 3 lots ???)
art128 - Thanks, my friend.

Here are two new (re)lots I'd like to show ya.

Click on the thumbnails for bigger resolution and for different views.

Again, there are two versions - one with seasonal and another with evergreen trees. Hope you like them :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

djvandrake

Those apartment building lots look fantastic.  &apls

Pat

very nice work here Io_bg

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sciurus

Beautiful work Ioan! &apls

L'atelier d'architecture

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

tamorr

Wow... Those plazas are definately looking good there, and the relots as well...  I do have to say I like both versions of each very pleasant looking. :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

spacedfuzz

are those bus stops going to be uploaded as they look realy good