• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 2nd Tournament of Non-Champions! (5/4/07 through 5/7/07)

Started by Masochist, May 03, 2007, 10:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A second 2nd chance.  Who'll take it this time?

Bongoswimp
1 (4%)
Callagrafx
7 (28%)
Colyn
2 (8%)
Danthe
0 (0%)
Debussyman
7 (28%)
HabLeUrG
0 (0%)
iamgoingtoeatyou
1 (4%)
jacqulina
1 (4%)
Masochist
1 (4%)
mattb325
7 (28%)
metasmurf
8 (32%)
Mulefisk
6 (24%)
Shadow Assassin
5 (20%)
SIMMANIA
3 (12%)
Threestooges
3 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Voting closed: May 04, 2007, 10:11:35 PM

Masochist

*Welcome to the 2nd Tournament of Non-Champions!*

That's right!  It's that time of year again, time for another tournament for pictures that didn't get their chance at stardom!  I went back through all 85 pages of the Picture Contest thread and have chosen 15 pictures that I think have a substantial claim to get to the Hall of Fame.  Once again, only one picture per person is included.

*Note: I did include a picture that I myself tried in the contest.  It has not been altered in any way from how it was originally presented; however, if you for any reason have a problem with this, please p.m. me and it can be sorted out in private.  I assure you that being the host of these contests does not in itself grant me a free pass to participate in them (hence why I didn't enter the last contest).

Rules:
Same as last time: just vote using the voting applet!  For the first round, you get two votes, and for the other rounds you get one (and you can't change your vote at all, so choose carefully!).  You can state your opinion on which one you voted for and such, as long as you note that votes not cast via the applet will not count!!!

Structure:
This time it's a bit different.  Each round is still 24 hours long, but this time there are 15 pictures in the first round.  The top seven will go on to the next round, and from there the top three will move on to the finals.  Learning from last time, if there is an overwhelming majority with the top three in the first round, the second round will be skipped and we will head straight to the finals.  If there are even four pictures that are contenders for the lead, then the full seven-picture second round will go on normally.  Just like last time, the winner gets into the Hall of Fame, and the two runner-ups are automatically placed in the next Non-Champion Tournament, should there be one.

Run-off Contest:

If there is a tie for the last remaining spot in a round (for example, if there are three pictures that have the same amount of votes to get the seventh place), the spot will be decided with a normal picture contest; that is, we will put the contending pictures into a regular round where the first one to ten votes wins (no matter how many pictures are in the round).  The only way this will come into play for the skipping of a round is if there is an overwhelming majority for four pictures and the two with the least amount of votes are tied.  So for example, if top 5 pictures were PicA: 24; PicB: 22; PicC: 20; PicD: 20; PicE: 12, we would have a run-off contest (if PicB and PicC were tied, we would not have a run-off, and the number of votes PicD had would determine whether there would be a semi-final).  If there's any confusion about this, please let me know in this thread and I'll try and clear it up.

Pictures:
Once again, it was only me who decided which pictures went into this tournament.  As promised, the two runner-ups from the last tournament are in this one, along with 13 others.  I tried to choose pictures that did well in the main contest, and I tried to get a nice and diverse selection (I also tried to go back and choose some really older ones).  Please, please don't worry if your picture is not in this tournament; there may be other tournaments and your picture may be chosen for those.  The pictures for this tournament are listed below (in alphabetical order by screen name).  Have at them!

Bongoswimp

Callagrafx

Colyn

Danthe

Debussyman

HabLeUrG

iamgoingtoeatyou

jacqulina

Masochist

mattb325

metasmurf

Mulefisk

Shadow Assassin

SIMMANIA

Threestooges

(Under Construction)

iamgoingtoeatyou

oh my goodness! these pictures are really beautiful!!! however, one picture really stands out, i can't beleive i missed Debussyman's picture!

thundercrack83

There was a lot of tough competition this time around! All these pictures are fantastic, and just think: They're the non-champions!

Masochist

And the round is over!

Here are the top seven advancees (and the number of votes they recieved):

1.) metasmurf (8 votes)
T-2.) Callagrafx (7)
T-2.) Debussyman (7)
T-2.) mattb325 (7)
5.) Mulefisk (6)
6.) Shadow Assassin (5)
T-7.) SIMMANIA (3)
T-7.) Threestooges (3)

Ahh!  So we will be having a second round.  And it seems we have a tie for the seventh seed in that round, so we will hold a classic showdown to see who gets it...with one small change: to help the contest go quicker, it will be the first picture to get seven votes in-favor-of that wins (or the one in the lead after 24 hours).  Just cast your votes by posting in this thread (SIMMANIA and Threestooges cannot vote, of course).  Here are the competitors:

SIMMANIA

vs. Threestooges

Remember, it's first to seven that wins.  And I vote for Threestooges.

1/0 Threestooges
(Under Construction)

threestooges

Wow. I look into this one day and find out I'm in the running. Not a bad way to end finals week (and enter graduation ceremonies). Good Luck to everyone. I'm not sure if I'm technically allowed to vote for anyone in these rounds (though I know this one specifically is out).

Citynut

I'm nutty and I Bat and they're coming for me with the white coats again

bat

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

mjig_dudy

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

glepet

Coldgob

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Fledder200

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Masochist

Ahh, it seems near the end, the race is still close...

But I won't be online for a lot of the day, because my sister's dad flies in, and we have to pick him up an hour and a half away (we're in Lubbock, he's flying into Amarillo).  So I'm sorry for the lag that might result...I'll ask another mod (dedgren, Colyn, Jeronij) to get the next round going for me, if they would.
(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

I'll finish it off!

7-4, Threestooges!

Congratulations!

Masochist

All right!  I'm back, and as it seems we have a winner!  So I'll set up the next round now.  Thanks to everyone who voted!
(Under Construction)

Masochist

*The Second Round*

That's right!  It's the second round of the Second Chance Tournament.  Things are going to get really rough here, now!  This round will run much like the last: seven pictures compete, three advance to the finals.  Run-off contests and such still apply.  You get one vote this time, and the voting ends after 24 hours, so make sure to get your picks in now!  All right...without further ado, here are the pictures.  Have at them!

Callagrafx

Debussyman

mattb325

metasmurf

Mulefisk

Shadow Assassin

Threestooges

(Under Construction)

Masochist

All right, round over!  And the advancing three are Mulefisk (6), mattb325 (4), and Shadow Assassin (4)!  Final round...coming up!  Thanks to everyone who voted!
(Under Construction)

Masochist

*The Final Round!*

Here it is, the final round!  Top three pictures are here, and you get to decide which one will get into that prestigious thread, the Hall of Fame!  Yes!  All right, one vote for you, 24 hours to cast it, pictures are below.  Have at it!

mattb325

Mulefisk

Shadow Assassin

(Under Construction)