• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darn42

I just downloaded NAM, and went to create a new region and all that stuff, and for some reason, none of my population have cars. So that makes having work in another city nextdoor, very long commute, even with buses. (I don't want to spend the money on the more expensive transit yet)

Blue Lightning

You probably installed a park&ride simulator. Try intstalling a non park&ride simulator.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Leodido

I have a question but I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.
Anyway, I'd like to reinstall the NAM to change some options, simulator, turning lanes etc...
Can I safely just rerun the installer or will I have to replop some stuff If I do that?

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

Andreas

If you built turning lanes, for example, and remove the turning lane plugin, you'll have to bulldoze the turning lanes first. Also, if you want to use a different Traffic Plugin, you'll need to remove the old one, either manually, or by uninstalling the NAM, and later selecting the different plugin, and all other plugins that you used already in your game. Any items that were installed (and used) in your city, and which should be continued to use don't need to be replopped, though, since the new NAM versions will be always backward-compatible in that regard (unless noticed otherwise).
Andreas

Leodido

Omnia, my first MD. Check it out!

tahill79

I have the reduced one way arrows and when I get to what I think is zoom 3 this is what I get......

and

It seems like the arrows bleed through the OWR's at certain points.  Now I dont see this at any other zoom level.

Is this normal to see?  It happens every time I load SC4. And it dosent matter what tile im playing,  if it has OWR's then they show up.

ebina

Quote from: tahill79 on July 09, 2009, 05:54:03 AM
I have the reduced one way arrows and when I get to what I think is zoom 3 this is what I get......
It seems like the arrows bleed through the OWR's at certain points.  Now I dont see this at any other zoom level.

Is this normal to see?  It happens every time I load SC4. And it dosent matter what tile im playing,  if it has OWR's then they show up.
Could you try attached patch? Problem was that S3D planes that hide arrows on one way roads are on the same height as arrows. I changed height of S3D planes to 0.03m from 0.00m (how useful cogeo's tool is) so it should not show ghost of arrows.

z_NAM_OneWayRoad_Arrows_Reduction_S3D_HeightFix.dat needs to be loaded after NetworkAddonMod2.dat. z_NAM_OneWayRoad_Roundabout_Arrows_Reduction_S3D_HeightFix.dat needs to be loaded after NetworkAddonMod_OneWayRoad_Roundabout_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin.dat. Easiest way is to copy both files into Network Addon Mod/Plugins folder.

rebs619

This is the most rudimentary of NAM questions, and I'm sure the answer is obvious, but I cannot download the latest NAM...When I click on the windows version to proceed with the download, I'm sent to a long line of user comments and thankyous, but no link for the actual download.  Pretty frustrating. 

deathtopumpkins

The exchange has a seperate login from the forums, so you need to register there too for the download link to appear. ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

tahill79

Thanx for the attached patch ebina.  Im downloading now and will let you know it that fixes the problem.

eze_pela

Hello.

Where i can find the spanish translation for NAM?.
In the FaQs says they can be downloaded from capitalsim.net, but the translation pack isnĀ“t there.

Regards.

Andreas

I don't know if the Spanish translation still exists, but there used to be one, IIRC. Maybe you should mail the CSC admins, or post in the CSC forum, if someone knows more about that.
Andreas

longhorn2

Hi,

I am unable to place stations for GLR in Avenue after upgrading to June 09 NAM.  Are there updated stations or a different way of plopping them now?

z

Welcome to SC4 Devotion!

Nothing should have changed to affect the placing of GLR-in-Avenue stations.  Which stations are you unable to place, and what happens when you try to place them?

sithlrd98

Thank you Ebina san for the fix as well!I also have posted with strange issues such as these in another thread,as I have been having a lot of strange graphic issues with every graphics card with Vista64 and Win7 64 , and it seemed related to Gizmos night mod. Now I can use that mod without the main glaring issue for daytime! I wish I had thought about this as a fix , but that's  another reason why your Mr.Wizard!

Jayson

delta9

Okay, so I'm having a very irritating problem that was not present in the previous release, and seeing as how I've uninstalled the previous...

I cannot place a RHW4 Type B ramp, west lanes to northwest ramp IE west lanes to RHD exit ramp.  This problem was obviously not present in the previous edition because I'm trying to expand and replace an existing ramp setup that already has it.  Is this a stated problem, and if so, is there a patch for it?  This seems kind of silly, that such a problem was introduced after it did not exist :-\

Much thanks for any help that can be provided.

Tarkus

delta9, that problem seems to be the result of some miscopying when the new NAM Controller was assembled for the June release.  We've been waiting to see if there's any other big issues to fix before releasing any sort of patch for it, though, as it's a RUL-related thing.

-Alex

delta9

Thank you for the unexpectedly quick reply, Tarkus (may I call you Alex, if I am remembering the correct name [EDIT: of course I am, it's in your damn post...]? LOL... my name is Wayne if you or any others would wish to call me by that).  This issue will be corrected if I re-install the previous version, correct?  And is there anything I can do, personally or publicly, to rectify this in the current version?

Again, thanks for the quick reply, and everything you have done and aspire to do with this game.  You are a true idol ()stsfd()

Andreas

I have collected all bugfixes that have been made so far, and a NAM update is basically ready to go. There seems to be one small bug remaining that needs to be addressed, but other than that, I think the update is good to go. :)
Andreas

ruudm

Hi guys,

After doing everything according to the instructions, I still can't get the GLR and CAN-AM to work. I am still trying, but if someone over here can help me, that would be very much appreciated.