• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

You're looking at the standard static puzzle piece ramps.  There are no L1 ramps there.  All the L1 ramps are FLEXRamps.

-Alex

j-dub

Flex ramps: AZTiger98, using the RHW tool on a L1 section you already have built, you should be able to hold the mouse down pull it only one tile sideways off from the straight section you have built, then as soon as you have it pulled out one tile out, you should be able to slowly proceed parallel to the straight section about four to five tiles, there should be a exit at least from that point on. I can't say how that's expected to behave in terms of ramp elevation change after you pull the exit out of there, the on-slope pieces located in that other tab cycle ring should alter this.

But someone else may want to clarify over what I was trying to say here.

AZTiger98

thomaslc

Hello,

Are DD-RHW4 curves supported?
On the attached screenshot, it seems a path is missing on the lower deck, just before the first curve. UDI stops here, and no car use the lower deck. :-(

Problem existed in NAM 31 and is still here in NAM 32.

Thanks,

MilitantRadical

sithlrd98's WideRadius Curves T21 Mod & No Grass MOD from simtropolis don't seem to function with NAM 32. Is there another mod that fills in sidewalk textures in NAM road and avenue curves and is there another mod that gets rid of the grass?

Tarkus

Quote from: thomaslc on January 15, 2014, 10:44:59 AM
Hello,

Are DD-RHW4 curves supported?
On the attached screenshot, it seems a path is missing on the lower deck, just before the first curve. UDI stops here, and no car use the lower deck. :-(

Problem existed in NAM 31 and is still here in NAM 32.

Thanks,

They are supposed to be (to a limited extent).  If you would have reported the issue about 12 hours earlier, the fix could have made it into the release, as it took me just a few seconds to repair it once I opened the .dat file.  It appears the path number count had fewer paths listed than were actually in the file, causing the game to ignore the lower deck and the trick capacity-increase paths.

Quote from: MilitantRadical on January 15, 2014, 09:27:48 PM
sithlrd98's WideRadius Curves T21 Mod & No Grass MOD from simtropolis don't seem to function with NAM 32. Is there another mod that fills in sidewalk textures in NAM road and avenue curves and is there another mod that gets rid of the grass?

That mod, while very old and not capable of supporting newer features, does still function with NAM 32 (contrary to popular misconception since NAM 31), but you have to install it differently than the 5-year-old instructions that come with the mod specify.  Try placing it in a z____ (z with 4 _) folder.

-Alex

thomaslc

Quote from: Tarkus on January 15, 2014, 11:04:42 PM
They are supposed to be (to a limited extent).  If you would have reported the issue about 12 hours earlier, the fix could have made it into the release, as it took me just a few seconds to repair it once I opened the .dat file.  It appears the path number count had fewer paths listed than were actually in the file, causing the game to ignore the lower deck and the trick capacity-increase paths.

Oh damn! Too bad I discovered it too late. Maybe you could send me the patched file so I could enjoy this beautiful double-decker until the fix makes it to the main release?

Thank you :)

Thomas

Tarkus

In the meanwhile, here you go.  Just replace the existing copy that's in the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Real Highway Mod\DDRHW folder.

-Alex

Geometry123

Well, another bug found in the DDRHW-4. D:

OxD has missing paths. This also applies with the other Maxis and RHW networks. Maybe updating the DDRHW file would be nice so that I can use the DDRHW in its full form without waiting for 6 months for another release... :)
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

eggman121

I could be wrong but I believe that there where some capacity issues that where plaguing the DDRHW so that may be why the DDRHW did not get some of the same treatment as the rest of the content in RHW. I read something ages ago that the DDRHW was due to be FLEXed to get around the capacity issue but I could be wrong. I think that like the FLEXflys that there is due to be an overhaul of the DDRHW but that is for a future NAM.

Maybe the rest of the NAM team may be able to shed some light on the future of the DDRHW.

Anyway there is plenty of great stuff in the new NAM32 and is quite a solid release. Enjoy, it has been worth the wait.

-eggman121

Wiimeiser

Preview Model still misplaced, it'll just plop on top of the existing one.

RHD paths not being erased or placeholder paths left over. Also, RRW still has no LHD paths...

EDIT: They were just the placeholder paths.

Also,

Turbo Roundabouts still not fixed. Might just be the Euro textures though, a good 80 something percent of PPs seem to lack LHD Euro textures last time I checked...

You weren't kidding when you said all Maxis did for LHD was flip the paths and call it a day...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Geometry123

Getting back to the FARHW business, the RHW-6S Diag to FA and Ortho-FA still have bugged pathing, unfortunately. D:
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

thomaslc

Quote from: Tarkus on January 16, 2014, 01:01:07 AM
In the meanwhile, here you go.  Just replace the existing copy that's in the Plugins\Network Addon Mod\Real Highway Mod\DDRHW folder.

Thanks a lot Alex! Highly appreciated :)

Thomas

MilitantRadical

Quote from: MilitantRadical on January 15, 2014, 09:27:48 PM

That mod, while very old and not capable of supporting newer features, does still function with NAM 32 (contrary to popular misconception since NAM 31), but you have to install it differently than the 5-year-old instructions that come with the mod specify.  Try placing it in a z____ (z with 4 _) folder.

-Alex
[/quote]

That seemed to do the trick for the curves but my no-grass and uni-density mods don't work 100%. Not a big deal since it is mainly cosmetic, but it would be nice to know how to fix it so there are no visual inconsistencies.

Thanks.

Tarkus

Quote from: Geometry123 on January 16, 2014, 02:21:51 AM
Well, another bug found in the DDRHW-4. D:

OxD has missing paths. This also applies with the other Maxis and RHW networks. Maybe updating the DDRHW file would be nice so that I can use the DDRHW in its full form without waiting for 6 months for another release... :)

OxD isn't intended to be supported at this time.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on January 16, 2014, 03:42:06 AM

How are you even placing that piece outside of a QuickChange?  I've not encountered it in my TAB throughs of the transition buttons.  IIRC, I had it in as a test at one point, but removed it.

-Alex

CaptCity

Quote from: Tarkus on January 16, 2014, 12:10:51 PM

How are you even placing that piece outside of a QuickChange?  I've not encountered it in my TAB throughs of the transition buttons.  IIRC, I had it in as a test at one point, but removed it.

-Alex

Saw that piece before and just thought it was a test piece. However, it seems to still be present. It's at the end of the RHW Filler tab loop even after installing a fresh NAM 32.

jdenm8

RHD paths not being erased or placeholder paths left over. Also, RRW still has no LHD paths...

Try doing a clean reinstallation of the NAM, that fixed it for me back before the release of the Pre-Release.

That looks correct to me.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on January 17, 2014, 12:39:17 AM

That looks correct to me.
Indeed. The sharp turn is at the beginning of the roundabout, and you can see that if you follow the roundabout LHD-wise. Just to show that they are really different, these are the RHD setups to compare:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Wiimeiser

Okay, thanks for clarification on that.

But this:

looks kind of wrong. Not sure if it's just the Euro textures though. Incidentally, it only seems to affect the one piece (Haven't tried any of the wider avenue ones yet) which makes hybrid interchanges look broken.

EDIT: Doing a complete clean-sweep and reinstall did nothing to solve the rail problem. If anything, it actually made it worse, even STR has no paths. It's clear no LHD paths were made for RRW...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Badbogey

I just downloaded NAM 32 yesterday and I enjoy it very much but I just have one simple question. Whenever I drag avenues that intersect they automatically have turning lanes without having to use any puzzle pieces but intersecting roads do not. Are roads supposed to always have turning lanes placed without pieces or is that something you have to use puzzle pieces for? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and great work NAM team.