• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 1st Thematic Tournament! (6/16-23/07)

Started by Masochist, June 16, 2007, 06:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudden Death...who will come out on top???

TheTeaCat
2 (9.1%)
bat
2 (9.1%)
praiodan
3 (13.6%)
BarbyW
1 (4.5%)
Ennedi
6 (27.3%)
beebs
2 (9.1%)
bigberta
6 (27.3%)
Travis
9 (40.9%)
CabraBuitre
1 (4.5%)
Shadow Assassin
8 (36.4%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: June 22, 2007, 08:43:44 PM

Masochist

Hello!  Welcome to the first ever SC4D Picture Competition Thematic Tournament!  As the name suggests, this tournament is a themed tournament for SC4 Pictures.  This first one will serve to sort of test the waters of these types of tournaments in the future, and the format may change based on what happens here.  But for now, this is how it is.

Contest
This is a themed contest; that is, every picture here will be of a certain type or nature.  This tournament will run in a somewhat similar fashion as others before, but with one major difference: this one will incorporate a 'Submissions Thread' (this thread) that will be open for three days, and anyone who wants to enter can enter...provided that you are one of the first thirty (30) people to do so (I don't really expect 30 people to submit pictures, though).  Once the three days are over or thirty pictures have been approved (whichever comes first), the contest will begin.  The first round will consist of three brackets of about ten pictures each (assuming that thirty pictures are submitted) and they will be voted on via the voting application for 12 hours each.  Then the top 5 from each will go on to the next round (which may have a maximum of 15 pics), where they will be voted on again. From there, it will run basically the same as the Second Chance Sunday tourneys until one picture ends up the winner...and that picture will be placed into the prestigious Hall of Fame!

Submissions
As stated earlier, submissions will be taken for three days, or until there are thirty pictures approved.  Any person can submit a picture to this thread so long as it incorporates the theme, and so long as it is not currently in the Hall of Fame.  Each person can only submit one photo.  Pictures should be no larger than 800 x 600 px. for this one, and use your best judgment when it comes to how much editing you do to it.  I will be along to approve or deny every picture submitted.  If I deny a picture, I will send a p.m. to the submitter explaining why I denied it, and that person can submit a different picture so long as it follows all the stipulations above.  Animations are legal (as long as they're not movies...); mosaics and composite pictures (pictures within pictures) are not.  I will be enforcing these rules rather strictly; no leeway like in the Picture Contest.  Your picture can be denied for breaking any of these guidelines, so take note of them.  That's just to make the tourney a bit more fair.

Theme
The theme for this contest is "City Parks".  Your picture can show a park or plaza of any size, and it can be man-made (full of paths and fountains, raised, lowered, etc.) or it can be natural (swinging bridges, tall trees, ranger stations, etc.).  If it's man-made, it has to be large enough that the majority of the focus is on the park itself.  If it's natural, it must show signs that it is a park; that means don't just take a picture of a random natural area and call it a park.  Show that there is human activity by adding things that I mentioned, or maybe a bike/hiking path or something of that sort.

So there you go!  I really hope you enjoy this contest!  If you have any questions (or if you think I left something out), feel free to P.M. me.  Also, please leave some feedback in the Submissions Box thread, because this contest is a direct result of ideas that were thrown around in there.  Thanks!

This thread will close at this time on Tuesday, June 16th, or when 30 pictures have been approved.  First come, first serve...just take a picture and enter it.  Now have at it! :thumbsup:

P. S. Please don't post in here unless you are making a submission...just keeps things clean.  Thanks!
(Under Construction)

TheTeaCat

Ok Then lets have a go at this with

"Castle Park at Night"

PS Great idea masochist  &apls

Good Luck Everyone :thumbsup: may the best Pic win  ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Approved! -Masochist

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

I will try it with this animated picture:

"Nature Park at lake"
http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/4/347058/SC4PictureCompetition/Nature%20Park%20at%20lake.swf

and here's a link  (in jpeg format) for the people who can't see the animation.

btw,
Great idea!

Approved! -Masochist

praiodan

My entry will be...

King Friedrich-Arnold's Blooming Gardens

Approved! -Masochist

BarbyW

My entry: Parks and waterways:

Approved! -Masochist
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Ennedi

Masochist, first of all I must say your idea with this tournament is very good (I like your way of thinking  ;)). I looked at the discussion about competition, rules etc. and I think you have choosen the best way. The best thing of your idea is the main competition is stiil alive, with the same rules (they are simple and work well).

I think this tournament will be very popular too. It is a chance for people who are especially good in a particular theme (rural, industry - but also: castles, scenic roads, landscapes etc.) Don't worry if you won't have 30 competitors this time - it will be better and better!  :thumbsup:

OK, now my picture (another variant of my little island - I looked at my parks and most of them are not typical)
I don't know if you will accept it - it is a recreational area  &mmm

Approved!  -Masochist
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

beebs

My entry..

Capilano Park

Approved!  -Masochist

bigberta

I'd like to try too.
It's an old picture, but it's the only park I have :)

Approved! -Masochist

Travis

I'll give it it a try...

"Phillipsburg County Park"

:thumbsup:

Approved! -Masochist

CabraBuitre

I'm not sure if it's still cool to post a picture...  If so, then feel free to remove this.

Otherwise, here's my shot!

Approved! -Masochist

Check out Abelfarei!

Masochist

Okay...so I'm going to extend the submission period for one more day.  So tomorrow at 9:00 p.m. U. S. Central Daylight Savings Time, this thread will be closed and the real tournament will begin.  Don't delay!  Enter today!
(Under Construction)

Shadow Assassin

I'd enter, but my only park pic actually won an entry in the Hall of Fame... hang on. :P

[EDIT:] I DO have some park pics, after all. :D

I don't know if this is suitable, but it's all I got, I think. Well... I do have others, but they're either part of a mosaic or not the focus.

Approved! -Masochist
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Masochist

All right!  We have a good 10 challengers!  This thread is now locked...I'll set up the voting thread after I take a shower (so give me about a half an hour or so)...
(Under Construction)

Masochist

*** SC4 Pictures - Themed Tournament! ***

Hello!  Welcome to the Themed Tournament voting thread!  We have ten pictures following a certain theme all fighting for a chance to get into the Hall of Fame.  I really wanted to try some new things with this one, so here's how the voting will go this time: all of these pictures will go up against each other, and whoever has the most votes out of all 10 of them after two days of voting will be crowned the victor...in other words, this is a Sudden Death tourney!  That's right...10 enter, 1 will win!  I'm actually somewhat curious to see how this method will work out.  If anyone has any problems with this, please feel free to say so either in this thread or the Suggestion Box thread within the first day (24 hours), and I'll look into it (anytime after that, and it won't affect this tournament).  I really would like to know what people think of this Sudden-Death type method, and your say will affect whether or not it will be used in future tournaments.  Thanks!  :thumbsup:

Specifics

There are ten pictures to vote on.  The poll will be open for two days (48 hours) and each person will have two vote each (it was originally one vote, but then I couldn't even pick only one, so this option will stay the same).  The results will be shown only when the poll is closed.  Whichever picture has the most votes after two days will be the winner and will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.  If a tie for first place should happen, we'll deal with it according to the number of pictures are tied.  One more thing...all of these pictures are now eligible for the Second Chance tournaments, but none of them will have a guaranteed spot in them.  I do believe that would be all the fine print...it's time to get this thing underway.  Have at it!

TheTeaCat

bat

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/4/347058/SC4PictureCompetition/Nature%20Park%20at%20lake.swf

praiodan

BarbyW

Ennedi

beebs

bigberta

Travis

CabraBuitre

Shadow Assassin

(Under Construction)

threestooges

Good luck to those who have entered this inaugural round.

Masochist

It's all over!!!

I wasn't kidding when I said every vote would count.  As you can see, it was close...really close.  But a clear winner came out on top:

&apls &apls &apls  Travis wins the first ever Theme Tournament!  &apls &apls &apls

Congratulations, Travis!  Your pic will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.  And a big, heart-filled thank you to everyone who submitted a picture for this contest, as well!

That's all, folks!
(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

All fantastic entries! Personally, I voted for SA, but it was a very tough call. Congratulations to [bTravis[/b] and to all the contestants!

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

Congratulations Travis!  &bis&

The simple one is the best one
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine