• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 3rd Tournament of Non-Champions! (7/27-30/07)

Started by Masochist, July 27, 2007, 03:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Four pictures, one winner...which will it be???

Ennedi
2 (11.8%)
mjig_dudy
0 (0%)
Mulefisk
8 (47.1%)
Shadow Assassin
7 (41.2%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: July 29, 2007, 05:42:28 PM

Masochist

*Welcome to the 3rd Tournament of Non-Champions!*

Hello!  Welcome to yet another 2nd Chance Sunday tourney!  I had quite a tough selection of pictures to sift through, especially since 105 pages have passed since the last tourney!  Because there were so many, I kept the selection within those 105 (except for the two pictures that earned spots from the last tournament).  Hopefully by now you know how these things go, but in case you don't, allow me to copy and paste the rules from the last tourney so you can catch up ;).

*Note: I don't think I've presented a good enough picture since the last tourney to merit entrance into this one...so I didn't enter.  Maybe next time...&mmm

Rules:
Same as last time: just vote using the voting applet!  For the first round, you get two votes, and for the other rounds you get one (and you can't change your vote at all, so choose carefully!).  You can state your opinion on which one you voted for and such, as long as you note that votes not cast via the applet will not count!!!

Structure:
This one will run just like the last tourney.  Each round is still 24 hours long, and just like last time there are 15 pictures in the first round.  The top seven will go on to the next round, and from there the top three will move on to the finals.  Learning from the first tournament, if there is an overwhelming majority with the top three in the first round, the second round will be skipped and we will head straight to the finals.  If there are even four pictures that are contenders for the lead, then the full seven-picture second round will go on normally.  Just like always, the winner gets into the Hall of Fame, and the two runner-ups are automatically placed in the next Non-Champion Tournament, should there be one.

Run-off Contest:

If there is a tie for the last remaining spot in a round (for example, if there are three pictures that have the same amount of votes to get the seventh place), the spot will be decided with a normal picture contest; that is, we will put the contending pictures into a regular round where the first one to ten votes wins (no matter how many pictures are in the round).  The only way this will come into play for the skipping of a round is if there is an overwhelming majority for four pictures and the two with the least amount of votes are tied.  So for example, if top 5 pictures were PicA: 24; PicB: 22; PicC: 20; PicD: 20; PicE: 12, we would have a run-off contest (if PicB and PicC were tied, we would not have a run-off, and the number of votes PicD had would determine whether there would be a semi-final).  If there's any confusion about this, please let me know in this thread and I'll try and clear it up.

Pictures:
Once again, it was only me who decided which pictures went into this tournament.  As promised, the two runner-ups from the last tournament are in this one, along with 13 others.  I tried to choose pictures that did well in the main contest, and I tried to get a nice and diverse selection.  Please, please don't worry if your picture is not in this tournament; there may be other tournaments and your picture may be chosen for those.  The pictures for this tournament are listed below (in alphabetical order by screen name).  Have at them!

Air6

BarbyW

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/callagrafx/windmill.swf

bigberta

City Nut

Ennedi

mattb325

metasmurf

mjig_dudy

Mulefisk

Praiodan

Shadow Assassin

TheTeaCat

Travis

wilko_1987

Yoman

(Under Construction)

sebes

We need more votes - we definately need more votes.... It's cruel to expect us to only vote for 2 of these!

One stands out for me: Caldera bay. First of all: it's amazing that somebody CAN even make that in the game, and second: the photoshopping is so cool that it IS a real photo.

As for the others: I decided to go for Matt's Our Lady of the Sea, because of the beautiful composition of the picture, the serenity, and most of all: the colors.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Patriots1228

Sober

Shame it just didn't win because it's hogging votes from all the other good competitors.

I also liked the use of Ped Malls in Mulefisk's picture, I like that little hustle-and-bustle inbetween those buildings he has right there.

Masochist

Quote from: Sober on July 27, 2007, 05:42:19 PM
Shame it just didn't win because it's hogging votes from all the other good competitors.

It missed the Hall of Fame by one vote...it was nerve-wracking, too, because that vote took so long to come!  So I promised that the next one of these tournaments we had, it would be in it.
(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

Quote from: Patriots1228 on July 27, 2007, 04:09:21 PM
shadow assasin hands down. that pic was amazing.

I voted for SA, too, but it was a tough decision! All the pictures are amazing!

Masochist

All Right!!!

This round is over!  The votes are tallied and the scores are revealed.  It looks like SA's awesome picture took a very dominating win over everyone else, gaining twice as many votes as the next shot...or the next three shots, I should say, because three people tied for second place.  And this leaves me in a very, very weird situation...

Shadow Assassin's win was very convincing...but I'm reluctant to place it in the Hall of Fame without at least giving the others one more chance in a round where everyone gets only one vote.  So here's what will happen: SA, Ennedi, mjig_dudy, and Mulefisk will all go into a four-way sudden death match.  Everyone will have 24 hours and one vote to decide once and for all which one will get into the Hall of Fame (and which ones will have spots in the next tournament, as well).  We'll see how things pan out then.

All right!  See you in the next thread!
(Under Construction)

Masochist

*The Final Round*

All right!  Here it is...the four-way sudden death match!  This one decides it all...will Shadow Assassin be as dominate as he was in the last round?  Will Mulefisk's picture, now in its third tournament, finally see the light?  Will Ennedi or mjig_dudy make a surprise run for the Hall of Fame?  Will I ever shut up and let you vote?  Maybe...;)

One vote, 24 hours.  Have at them!

Ennedi

mjig_dudy

Mulefisk

Shadow Assassin

(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

Man...

That is one of the hardest decisions I've had to make yet!

Patriots1228

Shadow Assasin or mulefisk. *picks up coin*
head=SA
tails=MF

tails. my vote goes to MF.

Vario80

Well this is really a very hard decission. All four pics look great but my two most favourites are SA's Caldera pic and Mulefisk's nightscene... one of these two might be it for me.
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Ennedi

Quote(Voting closes: August 22, 2007, 01:23:56 AM)

Masochist, it's not 24 hours from today 01:23:56 AM. It's 576 hours. It seems we need to be very patient...  :D

Btw, there is an interesting couple of pictures here:
2x nature
1x city
1x industry
It was made by voters, and I think it's a kind of information about our site... More artists than engineers?  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Masochist

Ahh, thank you for the catch, Ennedi!  I accidentally put "24" when it said "No. of days"...:-[

So now the poll will run a bit longer than 24 hours...oh, well!

This one'll be good, I see!  VERY tough choice of pictures!  ;)
(Under Construction)

Masochist

It's All Over!!!

Well, there you have it!  One of the toughest rounds in the history of this contest comes to a close.  It came down to the wire, but in the end a winner was decided: by exactly one vote over the favored contender, the winner of the 3rd Tournament of Non-Champions is

&apls &apls &apls  ***Mulefisk***  &apls &apls &apls

Congratulations, Mulefisk!  Your picture, after having to endure two straight tournaments of close seconds, will now finally take its place in the Hall of Fame!  And to Ennedi and Shadow Assassin, your pictures will have automatic spots in the next tournament (should there be one).  Mjig_dudy, although there's no guarantee, you may in fact be seeing your picture in the next Second Chance tourney, as well ;).  Congrats to all four of you who made it to the final round, because all of your picture are no less than the absolute top-tier :thumbsup:!

Thank you to everyone who voted, thank you to everyone who snapped the pictures that participated, and a very big thank you to the entire SC4D community for continuing to support the game as much as you do ;D!
(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

Ennedi

Congratulations, Mulefisk!  :thumbsup: Good things are appreciated at last!

Congratulations for Shadow Asassin too! Great picture and great the whole region - one of the best  &apls

But looking at all 15 pictures in this tournament my first impression was all these Non - Champions are at least as good as many Champions - or better in some cases. Great work all!  &bis&

And Masochist, thank you - you make great show here  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Hey Mulefisk a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig congrats to you M8  &apls &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Vario80

Gratulerer Mulefisk!  :thumbsup: This was a really really close call!  &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

bat