• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 2nd Thematic Tournament (09/21/07 - 10/03/07)

Started by Masochist, September 21, 2007, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which one will you choose to be the first mosaic in the H. O. F.???

bat
2 (6.5%)
Dark_Jedi06
4 (12.9%)
iamgoingtoeatyou
4 (12.9%)
Masochist
3 (9.7%)
mjig_dudy
1 (3.2%)
Tarkus
5 (16.1%)
TheTeaCat
3 (9.7%)
Travis
9 (29%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Voting closed: September 30, 2007, 06:36:43 PM

Masochist

Hello!  Welcome to the second SC4D Picture Competition Thematic Tournament!  As the name suggests, this tournament is a themed tournament for SC4 Pictures.  The last contest was pretty much a success, so we will use the same basic format this time, as well (that makes copying-and-pasting that much easier ;)).  Still...this one will be a bit different from the last one, since the theme won't be on the focus of the picture, but rather the type of picture.  Read on for more info...

Contest
This is a themed contest; that is, every picture here will be of a certain type or nature.  This tournament will run in a somewhat similar fashion as others before, but with one major difference: this one will incorporate a 'Submissions Thread' (this thread) that will be open for five days, and anyone who wants to enter can enter...provided that you are one of the first thirty (30) people to do so (I don't really expect 30 people to submit pictures, though).  Once the five days are over or thirty pictures have been approved (whichever comes first), the contest will begin.  We'll decide how we should vote on the rounds when the submissions are in.  And yes, the winner of the entire thing will be placed into the prestigious Hall of Fame (and in this case, have a particularly large amount of bragging rights...read on for more info ;))!

Theme
The theme for this contest is one that I think many people will enjoy: "Mosaics". That's right!  Mosaics!  Multi-part, ultra long pictures that capture a particular strip of city or country.  There are plenty of people out there with good ones, and now they will finally be able to put them into competition!  Also...this means that the winner of this contest will be the first (and quite possibly only) mosaic ever inducted into the HoF!  But of course, some restrictions apply.  Read on for more info...

Submissions
As stated earlier, submissions will be taken for five days, or until there are thirty pictures approved.  Any person can submit a mosaic to this thread so long as it incorporates the theme, and so long as it is not currently in the Hall...oh wait, there are no mosaics in the Hall of Fame, are there?  Each person can only submit once.  For this contest, because of the massive amounts of images that I hope will be involved, mosaics can be no wider than 800px., no shorter than 1200 px. and no longer than 3600 px. total (which basically means no less than 2 and more than 6 800x600 px. pictures per post).  And yes, they must come in pieces (no single, uber-long pictures) (those individual pieces can be of any size so long as they don't exceed the restrictions).  For a bit of positive news, however: you can choose any subject in your mosaic, and you can use any amount of editing you feel is necessary.  I will be along to approve or deny every picture submitted.  If I deny a picture, I will send a p.m. to the submitter explaining why I denied it, and that person can submit a different picture so long as it follows all the stipulations above.  Animations are not legal for this contest.  I will be enforcing these rules rather strictly; no leeway like in the Picture Contest.  Your picture can be denied for breaking any of these guidelines, so take note of them.  That's just to make the tourney a bit more fair.

So there you go!  I really hope you enjoy this contest!  If you have any questions (or if you think I left something out), feel free to P.M. me.  Also, please leave some feedback in the Submissions Box thread, because this contest is a direct result of ideas that were thrown around in there.  Thanks!

This thread will close at this time on Wednesday, September 26th (USA Central Time), or when 30 pictures have been approved.  First come, first serve...just take a picture and enter it.  Now have at it! :thumbsup:

P. S. Please don't post in here unless you are making a submission...just keeps things clean.  Thanks!

P. P. S. I'm also entering...;)
(Under Construction)

Masochist

(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

FINALLY! MOSAICS! Excellent idea, Masochist! This is going to be great!

Dark_Jedi06

...this space to be filled soon...

bat

Here's my first mosaic I've ever done  :) :

(total size: 800*3164 pxl)

Wonderful idea, Masochist!

Approved! -Mas

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

mjig_dudy

Seeing as I have a CJ full of mosaics, i've picked one to enter:

Approved! -Mas

iamgoingtoeatyou

oh, a mosaic theme? very cool ;D here is my entry:

Approved! -Mas

thundercrack83

These are some beautiful mosaics, everyone! It's going to be tough to pick just one!

dioangel

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

TheTeaCat

Ok I'll give it a go also  ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Approved! -Mas
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Dark_Jedi06

I think I'll keep my submission as a small, simple mosaic...a personal favorite of mine:

I can't wait to see where this competition is headed. ;D

Approved! -Mas
...this space to be filled soon...

Travis

Darn, I forgot to enter.  ()sad()

Is it possible to get an extension, maybe? Since the second round hasn't begun yet, and only 6 people have entered so far. If not, I'll still
look forward to watching these 6 great pics battle it out.  :)

Okay then, here's my last-minute entry...  ;)

"By the seashore"

Masochist

*** SC4 Pictures - Themed Tournament! ***

All right!  No more delays, here it is: the voting round of the 2nd Themed Tourney!  Just like last time, this will be a suicide round and the poll will run for 2 days (48 hours); unlike last time, you will only have one vote.  Whichever gets the most votes after those 2 days will be the first mosaic ever inducted into the Hall of Fame!  Also unlike last time, these pictures are not eligible for the 2nd Chance Tourney.  And don't forget: if you don't vote via the voting applet, it won't count.  All right...that's all the important items.  Have at them!

bat

Dark_Jedi06

iamgoingtoeatyou

Masochist

mjig_dudy

Tarkus

TheTeaCat

Travis

(Under Construction)

mickebear

Masochist

Quote from: mickebear on September 28, 2007, 06:48:22 PM
I vote for Masochist

Thanks :)!  But make sure to vote via the voting applet, or else it won't count...
(Under Construction)

praiodan

Wowie... now this is a very hard decision to make, because all the mosaics are simply excellent and would deserve to move into the HoF...

But I think I have a tiny favourite there :)

sebes

Oh- this is a tough call - all these mosaics are wonderfull, and there are two or three I realy think are true masterpieces. Hard to pick just one... 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

RippleJet

Voting for a picture that actually needed to be shown as a mosaic... ::)