• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - Tournament of Non-Champions, Anniversary Edition!

Started by Masochist, November 12, 2007, 07:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From 50 to 5.  Who will be the last one standing?

Callagrafx
8 (19.5%)
Debussyman
6 (14.6%)
Ennedi
8 (19.5%)
iamgoingtoeatyou
9 (22%)
Shadow Assassin
10 (24.4%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Voting closed: November 16, 2007, 08:13:32 PM

Masochist

*** Welcome to the Tournament of Non-Champions, Anniversary Edition! ***

1st Tournament Contestants

Hello!  It's that time of year again!  Time for another 2nd Chance tournament from the SC4 Pictures department.  This one, however, is has one notable difference: in honor of the SC4D Anniversary, this will be the largest SC4 2nd Chance tourney in it's history!  That's right!  This contest will incorporate all past entrants in prior 2nd-Chance tourneys as well as 19 new entries.  In total, there are exactly 50 pictures in this first round...but in the end, there can only be one champion!

How It Works:
There will be four polls open at the same time for this first round, and they will run for 24 hours.  You will have 2 votes for each poll, and the top 2-4 pictures from each round will move on (it depends on how the votes spread).  If too many pictures tie, then we will have a run-off competition that will run just like a standard contest (first to ten votes).  After this first round is over, all of the winning pictures will then be pooled into the second round thread, where they will be joined by Ennedi's and Shadow Assassin's pictures (the ones which came in 2nd and 3rd place in the last tourney).  You will have 2 votes for this round, as well.  The top 3 pictures from this thread will move on to the final round, where they will battle it out to see which one can claim the ultimate prize: a spot in the legendary Hall of Fame!  Please note that as always, votes not cast via the applet will not count...but this time you can change your votes!

The Pictures:

For each poll, there is one picture per person; however, this contest is different because there are people who have more than one picture in the entire thing.  Hopefully this won't cause too many problems; if it does, however, we will deal with them as they come.  This thread contains the 7 pictures that were defeated in the 1st Non-Champions tourney; there are no new additions, although those pictures that have since made it into the Hall of Fame have been taken out (as well as those photos that advanced to future 2nd Chance tourneys, of course).

Anyways, enough talk; let the tournament begin!  Have at them!!!

jacqulina

D66

TheTeaCat

dedgren

iamgoingtoeatyou

Colyn

Praiodan

(Under Construction)

Masochist

2nd Tournament Contestants

Hello!  It's that time of year again!  Time for another 2nd Chance tournament from the SC4 Pictures department.  This one, however, is has one notable difference: in honor of the SC4D Anniversary, this will be the largest SC4 2nd Chance tourney in it's history!  That's right!  This contest will incorporate all past entrants in prior 2nd-Chance tourneys as well as 19 new entries.  In total, there are exactly 50 pictures in this first round...but in the end, there can only be one champion!

How It Works:
There will be four polls open at the same time for this first round, and they will run for 24 hours.  You will have 2 votes for each poll, and the top 2-4 pictures from each round will move on (it depends on how the votes spread).  If too many pictures tie, then we will have a run-off competition that will run just like a standard contest (first to ten votes).  After this first round is over, all of the winning pictures will then be pooled into the second round thread, where they will be joined by Ennedi's and Shadow Assassin's pictures (the ones which came in 2nd and 3rd place in the last tourney).  You will have 2 votes for this round, as well.  The top 3 pictures from this thread will move on to the final round, where they will battle it out to see which one can claim the ultimate prize: a spot in the legendary Hall of Fame!  Please note that as always, votes not cast via the applet will not count...but this time you can change your votes!

The Pictures:

For each poll, there is one picture per person; however, this contest is different because there are people who have more than one picture in the entire thing.  Hopefully this won't cause too many problems; if it does, however, we will deal with them as they come.  This thread contains the 12 pictures that were defeated in the 2nd Non-Champions tourney; there are no new additions, although those pictures that have since made it into the Hall of Fame have been taken out (as well as those photos that advanced to future 2nd Chance tourneys, of course).

Bongoswimp

Callagrafx

Colyn

Danthe

Debussyman

HabLeUrG

iamgoingtoeatyou

jacqulina

Masochist

metasmurf

SIMMANIA

Threestooges

(Under Construction)

Masochist

3rd Tournament Contestants

How It Works:

The Pictures:

For each poll, there is one picture per person; however, this contest is different because there are people who have more than one picture in the entire thing.  Hopefully this won't cause too many problems; if it does, however, we will deal with them as they come.  This thread contains the 12 pictures that were defeated in the 3rd Non-Champions tourney; there are no new additions, although those pictures that have since made it into the Hall of Fame have been taken out (as well as Ennedi's and Shadow Assassin's photos, of course).

Air6

BarbyW

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/callagrafx/windmill.swf

bigberta

City Nut

mattb325

metasmurf

mjig_dudy

Praiodan

TheTeaCat

Travis

wilko_1987

Yoman

(Under Construction)

Masochist

New Contestants

How It Works:

The Pictures:

For each poll, there is one picture per person; however, this contest is different because there are people who have more than one picture in the entire thing.  Hopefully this won't cause too many problems; if it does, however, we will deal with them as they come.  This thread contains the 19 new contestants chosen from July 30th to the present (including one of my own pics).  I feel that these pictures definitely earned their spots in this tourney; hopefully you guys don't have any problems with the ones I've chosen.  If your photo wasn't chosen this time, don't fret!  It doesn't mean that it will never get chosen for a tournament.

*Notice! Because of the shear amount of choices in this thread, I have increased the amount of pictures you can choose to three (3)!

Air6

Amerikaner

Chrisadams3997

emilin

Ennedi

Filasimo

FromTheAshes

Masochist

Moshi

NASCAR_Guy

Nardo69

patfirefghtr

Praiodan

rooker1

SimIdiot

TheTeaCat

tkirch

tooheys

Yoman

(Under Construction)

Pat

oooooh WOW im up there that is so wicked i never thought that would happen.... thank you Masochist... BTW SimIdiots pic is broken.... I voted and no i didnt vote for myself lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

WoW soo many great choices here and wonderful selections Masochist... I bet it was really hard to choose.... Yuppers i voted, I did my civic duty - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Wonderful pics and good luck everyone.

ps Masochist which of my pics is the one thats missing from this thread?

:satisfied:
TTC

Edit : thank you for sorting out the above :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

TheTeaCat

Yo Masochist

Dave's (Tooheys) pic is missing in this section  ;) just to let you know

:satisfied:
TTC

Edit: Thank you for sorting this out too. All ok now :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Masochist

Hmmm...

I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.9 and I can see every picture in all the polls ()what().

If you guys are having trouble seeing certain pictures, try refreshing the page...sometimes that makes them show up.  If you just cannot see these pictures, p.m. me and I'll try and fix it.

P.S.
I've extended the voting period to two days...so now you guys have a bit more time with this one.  Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can change your votes if you want...;)
(Under Construction)

Masochist

If you guys are having trouble seeing certain pictures, try refreshing the page...sometimes that makes them show up.  If you just cannot see these pictures, p.m. me and I'll try and fix it.

P.S.
I've extended the voting period to two days...so now you guys have a bit more time with this one.  Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can change your votes if you want...;)
(Under Construction)

Masochist

P.S.
(Under Construction)

Masochist

P.S.
(Under Construction)

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

figui

Quote from: BarbyW on November 13, 2007, 08:07:13 AM
I couldn't see my picture even after refreshing :'(

same happens to me..

mauricio.

(edit: now i can :P)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

sebes

Masochist: the picture shown here for Metasmurf is the same one as in the "new entries" section shown for Moshi....
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

JoeST

I think its the flash embedding... cause I sourced the image directly and I saw it... tho it did take an awful long time to load  :P

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

FrankU

Masochist

And the winners have been decided!

You can now see which of the 50 pictures will move on to the next round!  The way it works out, I've taken the top two from the 1st Set, the top three from the 2nd and 3rd Sets, and the top four from the New Entries, which when combined with the two carry-overs from the last tourney, will make 14 total pictures that will move on to the semi-finals.  In this poll, you can see that the winners are:

Amerikaner, Ennedi, Praiodan, and TheTeaCat!

Congrats to all of you :thumbsup:!  Your pictures will go up against the other winners in the other polls.  Of course, this also means that some of you may be going up against your own pictures!  But, as it's the people who have spoken, so it shall be ;D.

Thank you to everyone who voted!  Be on the lookout for the next round, to be up soon ;)!
(Under Construction)

Masochist

And the winners have been decided!

You can now see which of the 50 pictures will move on to the next round!  The way it works out, I've taken the top two from the 1st Set, the top three from the 2nd and 3rd Sets, and the top four from the New Entries, which when combined with the two carry-overs from the last tourney, will make 14 total pictures that will move on to the semi-finals.  In this poll, you can see that the winners are:

BarbyW, bigberta, and mjig_dudy!

Congrats to all of you :thumbsup:!  Your pictures will go up against the other winners in the other polls.  Of course, this also means that some of you may be going up against your own pictures!  But, as it's the people who have spoken, so it shall be ;D.

Thank you to everyone who voted!  Be on the lookout for the next round, to be up soon ;)!
(Under Construction)