• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 3rd Thematic Tournament (Submissions Thread)

Started by Masochist, February 13, 2008, 12:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

Hello!  Welcome to the third SC4D Picture Competition Thematic Tournament!  As the name suggests, this tournament is a themed tournament for SC4 Pictures.  This time, I'm hoping to get as many people as possible into the game, so I chose a very BROAD theme.  But first...the business ;).

Contest
This is a themed contest; that is, every picture here will be of a certain type or nature.  This tournament will run in a somewhat similar fashion as others before, but with one major difference: this one will incorporate a 'Submissions Thread' (this thread) that will be open for seven (7) days, and anyone who wants to enter can enter...provided that you are one of the first thirty (30) people to do so (I don't really expect 30 people to submit pictures, though).  Once the seven days are over or thirty pictures have been approved (whichever comes first), the contest will begin.  We'll decide how we should vote on the rounds when the submissions are in.  And yes, the winner of the entire thing will be placed into the prestigious Hall of Fame!

Theme
The theme for this contest is: "Downtown/Central Business Districts".  That's right: I've finally given in and chose what might be the widest theme for a contest ever!  What do I mean by "downtown?"  Well, I don't mean small-town commercial districts %wrd...I mean skyscrapers!  They don't necessarily have to be skyscraper forests, but they should be easily identifiable as a downtown area.  Almost everyone has that one picture of their downtown that they love to show off, that they're proud of...well, let's see 'em, eh?  Here's how you can enter (in case you don't already know)...

Submissions
As stated earlier, submissions will be taken for seven days, or until there are thirty pictures approved.  Any person can submit a picture to this thread so long as it incorporates the theme, and so long as it is not currently in the Hall of Fame (and obviously, each person can only submit one picture).  For this contest, the pictures can be 1024x768 px at the most, and not a pixel more in any direction--this will be enforced rather strictly.  You can edit your photo, but don't over do it...imagine you were going to submit it to the main contest.  I will be along to approve or deny every picture submitted.  If I deny a picture, I will send a p.m. to the submitter explaining why I denied it, and that person can submit a different picture so long as it follows all the stipulations above.  Animations are legal for this contest.  I will be enforcing these rules rather strictly; no leeway like in the Picture Contest.  Your picture can be denied for breaking any of these guidelines, so take note of them.  That's just to make the tourney a bit more fair.

So there you go!  I really hope you enjoy this contest!  If you have any questions (or if you think I left something out), feel free to P.M. me.  Also, please leave some feedback in the Submissions Box thread, because this contest is a direct result of ideas that were thrown around in there.  Thanks!

This thread will close at this time on Tuesday, February 19th (USA Central Time), or when 30 pictures have been approved.  First come, first serve...just take a picture and enter it.  Now have at it! :thumbsup:

P. S. Please don't post in here unless you are making a submission...just keeps things clean.  Thanks!
P. P. S. I may or may not enter...:-\

<Edit> Guess I'll throw my picture into the hat.  I may or may not withdraw it before the contest begins, though...:

(Under Construction)

paroch

Well, I'll be brave and be first to submit a potential entry.

This is Regent city centre, from the region of West End.......

ManuelR

It was pretty difficult for me to make a dicision which picture I should take, because I have tons of downtown pictures. I decided to pick this one, because it's active and has a lot of nice buildings in it. I like it also because of the many small details on the roofs and the special architecture.

getdown11

Ok here is my submission.  I have lurked here long enough.

Haljackey

I am throwing my hat into the ring for this one!

This image has not been "photoshopped" in any way.  The only editing taken place is converting it to JEPG and resizing it to comply with site regulations.  The image is linked to the uncompressed, true image (in PNG format).

Click for Full Resolution!

Link:
http://s2.supload.com/free/Downtown-Apr._14,_1631197951007.png/view/

Good luck everyone!

Best,
-Haljackey

The_Hutt

tooheys

Cockatoo-210893

Oh cool, I defiantly want a go in this, so here's a new pic I just made to enter with:

gazac

This is the city of 'Sally', from my 'Dog Pond' region. hope you like..............

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

tomdapom

Here is downtown Marshall, Minnesota. Thought I might as well give it a go . . .

Pat Riot

dragonshardz

Watch this spot - pic from downtown Jenress coming soon!

bigberta

It's been a long time since I last entered a pic... But I have to admit, I kind of miss it  :)

So here is an old picture of mine - it's from the city of Dustry:

bat

Here is one of the Commercial Downtown Area of Westmountain, Capporth City:

TheTeaCat

Lets have a go at this with

"Night & Day"

Good luck to all contestants :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

I will enter with this one,

Good luck to everyone.
Robin  ;)

edit, changed picture, I wasn't thinking, sorry.
Call me Robin, please.