• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Pictures - 1st Tournament of Non-Champions! (4/09-11/07)

Started by Masochist, April 09, 2007, 08:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three pictures, one champion.  Who will it be?

Mulefisk
8 (26.7%)
meinhosen
17 (56.7%)
Shadow Assassin
5 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: April 11, 2007, 11:01:37 AM

Masochist

In the spirit of Easter and second life, this is the Tournament of the Runner's-Up, or as Callagraphx coined it, the "Second Chance Sunday" tournament!  I have gone back through the SC4 Pictures Contest and hand-chosen ten pictures who weren't fortunate enough to make it to the Hall of Fame, but which I believe have a substantial claim to get there.  The winner of this tournament will, in fact, be inducted into that fabled Gallery!  There's only one picture per person here, and none of them were taken by me (Masochist), which not only ensures that only the highest quality pictures made it, but also that everyone gets an equal shot at making the Hall of Fame!!

Rules:
Rather simple: just vote using the voting applet!  For the first round, you get two votes, and for the other rounds you get one (and you can't change your vote at all, so choose carefully!).  You can state your opinion on which one you voted for and such, as long as you note that votes not cast via the applet will not count!!!

Structure:
There are ten pictures in the contest.  The tournament will run like this: each poll will run for a 24-hour period.  The five pictures with the most votes will move on to the second round.  Then, the top two or three pictures will move on to the final round...and this is where you can voice your opinion: should the final round include two pictures or three?  You can state what you wish in a reply in this tournament, or send me a P.M. (if no one gives input, then I'll answer that question).  The winner of the tournament will be inducted into the Hall of Fame, and the other picture(s) in the final round will automatically have a spot in the next contest, should there be one.

The Contestants:
I chose these ten pictures based on a number of factors: whether they looked like they had a fighting chance or not, whether they didn't make it because they were beat out by an eventual Hall of Famer, whether at least one of their competitions were decidedly close until the end, etc.  I then narrowed down the field until there were 10 left.  I realize that it was only me choosing, but I did try and make the selection as wide and varied as possible.  Please, please don't be mad if your picture wasn't chosen this time.  There may be more tournaments to come, and different pictures will be considered for those.  This is your chance to put a truly worthy picture in the Hall of Fame.  The choices are below, in the order that they appear in the competition thread (starting with the earliest).  Have at it!

jacqulina

D66

Mulefisk

TheTeaCat

meinhosen

dedgren

iamgoingtoeatyou

Colyn

Praiodan

Shadow Assassin

(Under Construction)

Shadow Assassin

I think it should be three pictures in the final round. This is going to be close.

Weird, I thought Meinhosen's one already made it into the HoF?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Masochist

Nope!  Meinhosen's picture was two votes away, but it was beat out by an eventual Hall of Famer (jen_p's picture of the diagonal homes).  So that's why it's here...
(Under Construction)

praiodan

Shadow Assassin

Quote(jen_p's picture of the diagonal homes)

Don't you mean Cycledogg's diagonal homes? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Masochist

QuoteDon't you mean Cycledogg's diagonal homes? Tongue

Heh heh...yeah :-[

So it seems people want there to be 3 photos in the final so far...thanks for the input!

(Under Construction)

Serkanner

Voted!

Great idea to have this resurrection tournament. I voted for two pictures which I missed voting for in the first round and now I was able to give them the acknowledgement they deserve.  :thumbsup:

Fledder200

Nice idea  :thumbsup:

but you left mine out :(  :'( LoL

but still i voted
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is too short to wear bad clothes...and ugly shoes!

Colyn

Some really good shots here among the fallen ;)
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

thundercrack83

Wow, these are the non-champions?!!? It's so hard to choose!

Masochist

12-Hour Report

Well, a bit more than 12 hours have passes since the poll began, and there have been some interesting developments so far.  I'm not going to give anything away, but I will give some general facts and stats (as of 10:45 p.m. USA Central Standard Time):

* Every single picture has votes in its favor.
* The votes are distributed rather evenly amongst more than half the pictures.
* There is one picture that holds a slim, but definite lead.
* Four pictures have the exact same number of votes.
* If the poll were to end right now, it wouldn't have been very efficient at all at deciding the pictures that would advance.

Of course, I say all of this with the hopes that the vote functions the way I set it, and that you can't see the results until the poll closes tomorrow.  If you can, well then, this post was a waste, wasn't it... :-[!  But yes, hopefully the spoilers will tide you over until the poll is over.  Enjoy them while you can... &sly
(Under Construction)

ReLiC

Two votes ... Hmmm, they are actually all very nice ... I will have to go with Colyn and meinhosen. I love the autum scene in meinhosen's pic and the nice sea breeze from Colyn's pic is also very inviting!

Who's up for a holiday ??? :D

Colyn

Just remember to enter your votes in the poll at the top of the page ;)
Come see CSX Play

Masochist

The people have spoken!

The votes have been cast, the polls have been closed, and the winners have been decided!-

1.) meinhosen (19)
2.) Mulefisk (17)
3.) Shadow Assassin (13)
4.) Colyn (5)
t-5.) iamgoingtoeatyou (4)
t-5.) jacqulina (4)

As you can see from the results, the top three have an overwhelming majority.  There's a tie for fifth place which needs to be resolved.  So I propose we do one of the following:

-Have a run-off competition to decide fifth place that would run like a regular contest round (post votes here, first to ten wins), or

-Fore go the the 5 picture round and go straight to the finals with the top three (which would run as this poll did).

Please let me know which option you think is best...or if you can think of another way to resolve this.  If I get no input, I go with the second option ;). Thanks!
(Under Construction)

thundercrack83

I would say use the second option, since there is such a difference between the top three and fourth place.

threestooges

Since the gap is wide between the top and bottom, and the votes for the others are separated by 1 vote or so, my thought would be for the top 3. However, there is the possibility of those that voted for the others voting for 4th and 5th such that they could take the lead in the 5-way vote.

I vote for the 2nd choice anyway.

Masochist

The Final Round!

Due to the overwhelming majority of the votes that went to the top three pictures, the second round has been scrapped, and the final round will now commence!  One of the three finalists will make it to the Hall of Fame, and the other two pictures will automatically have spots in the next tournament.  The poll will run for 24 hours, but you have only one vote this time, so use it wisely!  Once again, if you do not vote via the polling applet, your vote will not count!  Okay, enough of the technical stuff.  Here are the finalists.  Have at them!

Mulefisk

meinhosen

Shadow Assassin

(Under Construction)

Colyn

Three very worthy contenders ... may the best one win.  &apls
Come see CSX Play

Bongoswimp

I'm the Knight of Spamalot
And I like to push the pram a lot

Fred_Ginger

My name is Vicki
Fred and Ginger were my doggies
RIP my babies