• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The RTMT V3 Support Thread

Started by z, September 10, 2008, 07:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soccerderek

Quote from: z on July 14, 2011, 01:44:22 PM
Your Models folder is very sparse in general, and I can see several potential problems.  The Models folder is supposed to be fully populated.  It doesn't matter if you have extra models in there; they just won't get used.
What should I do?

z

I gather from your folder contents that you have access to the RTMT zip file.  Simply extract from it all the files from the Models subfolder, and put them in your Models folder.

CaptCity

I went back and noticed you thought the boxes were from the London Bus. The London Bus prop (TfL) and is included in the RTMT files and is a single prop, not a prop family prop. I'm wondering if you may have other RTMT files in your plugins that aren't in the actual RTMT folder. Just a thought...

physics

I recently installed 3.60 and for whatever reason, the El Rail over road stations are always grayed out, but everything else is accessible.  I've tried deleting and replopping the MML and restarting/reinstalling but nothing seems to work.  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious--can anyone help?  Thanks!

soccerderek

Quote from: z on July 14, 2011, 02:56:41 PM
I gather from your folder contents that you have access to the RTMT zip file.  Simply extract from it all the files from the Models subfolder, and put them in your Models folder.
So take all the files in the second picture, the models sub folder, and put them where?

z

Quote from: soccerderek on July 15, 2011, 09:15:51 AM
So take all the files in the second picture, the models sub folder, and put them where?

What I meant is that you take all the files from the Models subfolder that is in your RTMT zip file and place them in your Models folder that you displayed.

CaptCity

If you only have the RTMT v3.50 file then the four models shown earlier are all there is. To get other models, you'll need to get the 3.60 addon.

z

Quote from: CaptCity on July 15, 2011, 06:01:24 PM
If you only have the RTMT v3.50 file then the four models shown earlier are all there is. To get other models, you'll need to get the 3.60 addon.

For him to have had the prop files that he displayed, he must have had the zip version of RTMT v3.50.  This contains all the model files.

CaptCity

Quote from: z on July 15, 2011, 06:55:44 PM
Quote from: CaptCity on July 15, 2011, 06:01:24 PM

For him to have had the prop files that he displayed, he must have had the zip version of RTMT v3.50.  This contains all the model files.

Didn't mean to take the thread in this direction, but I'm confused. The version 3.50 on the LEX (I just downloaded it again) only has four model files in the Model folder - the four that soccerderek showed in his image. Am I missing something or thinking of something else...?

z

You're absolutely right - and now I'm confused.  For example, where are the timetable models?  I don't see them anywhere in any of the RTMT distributions.  EDIT:  Some of the small models are combined with their prop files, such as the TfL bus stop.  Now I remember.

As for soccerderek, he has a number of props that don't have models, such as the Shmails GLR shelter.  Perhaps he has them with their downloads, but I'd be most suspicious of these.

soccerderek

Quote from: z on July 15, 2011, 05:39:01 PM
Quote from: soccerderek on July 15, 2011, 09:15:51 AM

What I meant is that you take all the files from the Models subfolder that is in your RTMT zip file and place them in your Models folder that you displayed.
The models subfolder I displayed is the folder in my RTMT zip file.

z

Is it possible that you have prop files from a previous installation of RTMT somewhere in your Plugins folder?  This seems to be the most likely explanation for what you're experiencing.

soccerderek

Quote from: z on July 20, 2011, 07:02:09 PM
Is it possible that you have prop files from a previous installation of RTMT somewhere in your Plugins folder?  This seems to be the most likely explanation for what you're experiencing.
I'll check. Thank you :)

DaveB

Afternoon guys, great work on everything you have achieved to date  &apls

I seem to have an issue though.... and I'm 100% sure it's something I have either done or not done lol

Basically if I want to put down a bus stop on a street/road/oneway road (the type you then run the road type through to transport enable) then thats fine, but as soon as I lay the road/street through, it lays fine on either side of the stop but not the tile itself, leaving it transparent with nothing but the "bus stop" writing that would be seen on the road.....

I am using the UK.dat files, and I have deleted the US & DE files as stated to do in the readme, but I think I have snagged myself on the 3 UK files and which to keep and which not to keep..... if you guys could help that would be brilliant!! Unfortunately I'm a bit of an idiot when it comes to some of the jargon you use, so keep it idiot proof if you possibly could please  :thumbsup: hahaha

Cheers,

Dave

CaptCity

Quote from: DaveB on September 27, 2011, 05:10:30 AM
Basically if I want to put down a bus stop on a street/road/oneway road (the type you then run the road type through to transport enable) then thats fine, but as soon as I lay the road/street through, it lays fine on either side of the stop but not the tile itself, leaving it transparent with nothing but the "bus stop" writing that would be seen on the road.....

I am using the UK.dat files, and I have deleted the US & DE files as stated to do in the readme, but I think I have snagged myself on the 3 UK files and which to keep and which not to keep.....

Sounds like you have installed the Addon Set - 3.60. Did you also install the 3.50 original? There are some needed files in that one that are still required. If you do have the original, do you have one of the RoadTextures files in the folder? There are two options - one named Standard and the other Euro. You might have used the Euro file thinking that would be the one to use with the UK lots. However, if I remember correctly, the Euro file is used with the Euro texture mod. If you're not using that mod, then the one named Standard is the one to use.

DaveB

I definately installed 3.50 first yeah, ran the installer for family props iirc, as opposed to dropped the lot into the plugins folder like i did before.....

i will have a look this evening, and if thats the case, should be an easy fix :D I will keep you updated.....

Another thing that has just popped into my mind regarding RTMT, and I think somebody else might had a similar problem, is when plopping some of the lots - simgoobers bus/bikeshed stops sometimes it will plop just fine, and other times it might take a few attempts to avoid the brown box, what causes this?

Thanks a lot for your help so far, I hope your right about that file :P

CaptCity

I'll have to amend my above post... Having the RoadTexture_Euro file instead of the Standard won't cause the textures to not appear. It will just display the wrong one for the Road stops (without the Euro texture mod). Having neither texture file would lead to having no textures displayed in the game.

As for the intermittent brown boxes... Depending on what Prop files you have, you would need to be sure to have the associated model files installed also. Might check those dependencies...

DaveB

I sorted out the road textures problem as per your first reply last night, so thanks very much for that!! I'm delighted :D

as for the props, they were all extracted when I ran the installer, so is this a case of removing the ones I don't want (a bit like the US & German road textures) or is a case that I could have a dependency missing?

CaptCity

Quote from: DaveB on September 28, 2011, 04:14:41 AM
...as for the props, they were all extracted when I ran the installer, so is this a case of removing the ones I don't want (a bit like the US & German road textures) or is a case that I could have a dependency missing?
You mentioned you had used the Prop Family installer. Therefore, yes, you could remove the PropF files you don't want to use, or make sure you have all dependencies. If I remember correctly, the only dependency for that was Simgoober's Bus Stops. Did you get that one? Other than that, there wasn't much file manipulation with the instaler version.

DaveB

Yeah, I made sure to get SimGoobers bus stop dependancy, but it still leaves open my question of why I need sometimes need to click multiple times until it plops correctly  &mmm