• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

New region, new style, same great production and sense of humor. The farms are excellent. I love that they all seem to focus on various crops at the same time. Did you plop those all by hand or what was the trick to making them? The original Paxton cattle farm is the best out of all of them I think. Great detail, and it does look like it's contracted a bit over the years. Loved the story about how Paxton was made Mayor, Chief of Police and Town Drunk. that was hilarious. You're really making excellent use of the newest features in the custom content world too. The STR looks great, and you've blended it well with the old rail, as well as all the older features too. If this is just the start of what's to come, I think we're in for a real treat.
-Matt

jmyers2043

Hey Tooheys

I like the stream. It looks more natural because of the varying widths. I also like the park with that single tree in the center. Nice.

All the best - Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

rooker1

Quote from: threestooges on August 25, 2009, 12:53:45 AM
New region, new style, same great production and sense of humor.

I have to agree with Matt on this point.
Love how the region view looks with your choice of trees.  Fantastic new start!

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

beutelschlurf

moin tooheys,
what a nice place you got there ...  :thumbsup:
some pictures look as if there're out of a booklet ... very nice indeed!

b_schlurf

art128

Hey Dave, sorry I didn't see that you've updated.  ()sad()
What a quite nice, I like the town of Paxton. Your use of Eucalyptus is very great and lovely, who make that town so good !
Looking forward to more !
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Terrific job!  You've really got a unique feel to the entire terrain here, I don't know that I've seen anything that quite matches it!  Your work with the plopable water and with the various lot based waterways is truly masterful!  In all honestly, the sheer detail here is just breathtaking.  I'm looking forward to your next update! 

Tomas Neto

Great update!!! Really fantastic rural area!!!  :thumbsup:

danielcote

Nice custom cemetary and that river through the town is awsome!  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Dave - Huge congratulations!

...picture perfect...

The Staff
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tomas Neto

Dave, my friend, Congrats for the OSITM!!!  &apls &apls &apls
:thumbsup:

tooheys

Replies

Jmouse Hey Joan, can you make the first reply after each update, you've got to be good for sales  :).
Thanks mate.

threestooges Thanks Matt. The fields are all ploppable which makes life a lot easier when you are building
them freeform. I'll add the link below.

jmyers2043 Hi Jim. I try to mix the streams up a bit, there not canals so I try to show a bit of
variation and the bulldozer makes a regular appearance. Thanks for the comments.

rooker1 Thanks Robin. Thought I'd give the Eucalypts a run, something I see quite a lot of
down here and anyway, Jeroni's models are just superb.

beutelschlurf Thankyou, with a new start like this, it's always nice to get such positive feedback.

art128 Hehe, you're forgiven. Hey the update was only 48hrs old  ;) Anyway, I'm
always forgetting to comment in various MD's, your's included, so I'm more guilty than anyone.
Appreciate the comments.

Battlecat Hat grows tight as he reads comments   ()stsfd(). Thanks Battlecat, and having
too much time to spare comes in handy with the detail, perhaps I should get a life, but then again... $%Grinno$%

Tomas Neto (x2) Thanks for the comments and congrats. Guess I'm going to have to work
extra hard this month.

danielcote Thanks. That's the first time I've used those river lots. I found them
on the DVD and I think they look great.

SC4d Community
OSITM No.3. What can I say? Well it is an honour to be recognised once more, and it all comes down to
the regular support I recieve from you all. Believe me, it is very much appreciated.

The timing is great with Dave's Day soon approaching, so expect some toohey's style quizzes either here
or in the Dave's Day thread. I'm sure though there will be a celebration of some description in Clontarf

Mods, Dependencies and Other Stuff

I'll be working on this section during the week. Of course I need to add
the link I promised Matt, but I'll also be adding links for the others as well, and adding a few more. 

BRF Tunnel and Slope Mod
CPT Missouri Breaks Terrain Mod
Ennedi's Dark Granite 2 Rock Mod
PEGs Brigantine Water Mod

NAM
CAM
RAM
I am Sam, Sam I am.

Jeronij's TPW
Jeronij's Sidewalk Mod
Chrisadams3997 RRP Lots (Rural Renewal Project)
Jeronij's Eucalypts
Jestarr's Cattle
uroncha's Plopable Farm Field Pack

The Region

Population

Employment
C: 4,763
I: 4,468

Do the maths and it looks like we have a few illegals working on the farms. Just might have to
think about setting up an Immigration Dept.

Paxton – The West Bank

Still plenty of farmland on the west bank. One town, being Paxton West (very original) and a little bit of
industry thrown in although it is mainly based around local agricultural.

"Spud" O'Reilly's potato farm. The nickname has nothing to do with what he grows
in the ground, but what you could grow in his ears. He's looking for a wife by the way, if anyone
is interested.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course...."
and if you can provide the next line to this  you'll win...nothing. But you will
show you are as sad as me ;D

The Outback Steakhouse, yummy. Hmmm, is that the vet next door ()sick()

One more under the belt. But no time to rest, it's going to be a busy, but fun, month.

Cheers all.

Scarton

Great update, this is good stuff! :thumbsup:

soulchaser

WOW. I just had a short look at this. Pg. 1 and pg. 47....You developed your building skills and your region so much. This is awesome. When I have more time, I will take a closer look at this  :thumbsup:

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Nardo69

Congrats for the OSITM  &apls and welcome to the club of the Three-Time_OSITMs. (First time the "apprentice" got to a place after the "master" ;)  :D)

Nice update - nothing to critize. :) BTW on sidings for industry, freight terminals etc you may also use Maxis switches from my side - even IRL there are a lot of different standard(!) switches that allow a maximum speed between 30 and 120 km/h for the branch.

The vet and the steakhouse is a nice one, I just wonder why I don't see any Fukitol there ?!?  :D

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Congratulations on you OSTIM!  You're continuing to do a beautiful job on your city.  You've really gone the extra mile to make each farm unique in this city. 

Jmouse

Terrific job on...everything, Dave! The river looks really good. No doubt about it, you've pretty well mastered the art of TPW. And the farms – well, you know me, I had to go back to page 1 for a comparison. The difference is absolutely stunning, and much of it is in the trees you're using now, but there are other factors at work here, too.

All the pix are good, but 2.07 is a standout, in part because of the paths – that intricate design they form is just pleasing to the eye. Moving right along, the Outback and vet combo is classic tooheys, and very much a part of the overall appeal of Clontarf (and Balnavia).

The raised RHW in 2.11 is an interesting study and shows off your accomplished transport-network skills. I see some more multi-level work in 2.13 and hope to see a lot more as Clontarf develops.

BTW, congratulations on OSITM, and I hope you'll enjoy your third time around as much as I'm sure we will!

Later...
Joan

Gaston

QuoteA horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course...."
and if you can provide the next line to this  you'll win...nothing. But you will
show you are as sad as me
... unless of course,
that the horse,
is the incredible Mr. Ed !

()sad()

Oooooooooooh so sad indeed.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

Al should get the credit, but the lines are actually

...that is, of course, unless the horse
   is the famous Mr. Ed!

What is the second verse, though?- now there is a stumper.  It begins

Go right to the source
   and ask the horse...

I'll take Talking Horse Trivia for $200, Alex.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

tooheys

Al, you put in an answer, so that's reasonably sad in itself  $%Grinno$%

But David has shown he's sadder than the all of us by not only correcting you, but also starting the second verse  ::)   A winner for sure  :thumbsup: 

And for all those who aren't interested, here is the full theme song

If you think it was all fake, have a look at this. Are you a believer ???  Gawd, I hope not  :D

Anyway, while we are thinking of theme songs, here is a line or two from 11 TV theme songs.  See how many
you can guess while I work on the next update.

1.We never thought we'd find a place where we belong.

2. Wheels on fire, Rolling down the road.

3. All the world's waiting for you, and the power you possess.

4. Come ride the little train that is rolling down the tracks to...................

5. In West Philadelphia I was born and raised, On the playground is where I spent most of my days.

6. Their house is a museum, Where people come to see 'em

7. The sound of hoof beats 'cross the glade. Good folk, lock up your son and daughter.

8. And I will see my dream come alive at last.  I will touch the sky.

9. The unsuspecting stranger, Had better know the truth of wrong from right,

10. Ample parking day or night, people shouting HOWDY NEIGHBOR!

11. Well the names have all changed since you hung around,

The rules are simple the first person to get all 11 right becomes an honourary citizen of Clontarf with your own
estate to use whenever you drop by.

This may also be a good way to get those brain cells warmed up because I'm sure David will come up with a
diabolical quiz or puzzle for Dave's Day. If you are a Dave and haven't already registered your Daveness, please pay
the thread a visit and say hello.

Update 3 shortly.

Dave

ecoba

1. 21 Jump Street
2. Absolutely Fabulous
3. Wonder Woman
4. M*A*S*H
5. Fresh Prince of Bel Air
6. The Addams Family
7. Black Adder
8. Star Trek
9. Walker Texas Ranger
10. South Park
11. Welcome Back, Kotter

I think those were all right, for a couple of 'em I had to do a little research.
I've never posted here before but I wanted you to know Dave that I am a constant follower of your MD, and I love it.

Ethan