• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell

Wonderful camping area in Blackheath, great work you've done there.  :thumbsup:

tooheys

Replies

patfirefghtr: Thanks mate, glad to see you have been rehabilitated (or just using more
restraint)  ;D

rooker1: Hi Robin, thanks for dropping by again, appreciate the comments.

bat: Thanks for the great comments.

thundercrack83: Thank's Dustin, glad you like, cheers.

Jmouse: Full of restraint or full of it??  ;D Now I've used the bridge, my next challenge is to find a
place for the cable car. Don't worry about the hilly areas, there are plenty more on the way,
I'm actually starting to enjoy them  :o

NASCAR_Guy: Thanks for dropping by and congrats on 100 posts.

Russell: Appreciate the comments Russell, thanks for visiting.

??? Oops, hit the wrong button while preparing my update and posted a bit early. Lithgow update will follow shortly.

Dave

pipishere

Cool update! The walking/riding trails look really, really good....such attention to detail!  &apls

I look forward to your next one :)

tooheys

Replies

pipishere: Pip, you snuck in there while I wasn't looking. Thanks for the great comments.

Balnavia

Population of 1m +, woohoo.

Lithgow

R:26,711  C:2,529  I:17,249

Primarily a farming area with a small industrial area providing the machinery and supplies required by the
farmers.

Residential development has crept up into the hills and is mainly low wealth.

A recent survey of the farming community showed that all had genetic links to the regions first
farmers from Panania. Legislation is currently being considered to ban a marriage between two farmers
from the Balnavian region to help diversify the gene pool. A few savvy locals have started a new website
promoting mail order brides and grooms, however so far have found few eligible spouses who would
enjoy walking in #@*! all day, mind plunging their arm into various animals orifices and actually sleeping
next to someone who had been doing the aforementioned.

The highpoint of your visit to Lithgow, the Telcom Tower provides wonderful views from
the observation level. However, visitor levels are low and the local tourism authority is
unable to maintain the passenger elevator to the top. So if you don't mind climbing
1200 stairs, feel free to drop in. Defibrillators and oxygen are found every ten flights.

The farmers markets and local cricket ground. For our American friends, cricket can be best summarised as follows:

"You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out
he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side
that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man
goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out
and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are
out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men
have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game."

Hope that's clear enough for you  :)

Scenic Drive is an avenue that winds itself up the hillside. It is closed temporarily every
12mths to host the Billcart Downhill Championships (an absurb title really, how could
you have the Billycart Uphill Championships?). Anyway, entrants of all ages participate
and either finish the course or crash & graze. Fortunately, the finish line is adjacent to the
hospital at the bottom of the hill (derrr) who stock up on mercuricrome and bandaids.

Next stop Bathurst, see you there.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Congrats on a population of 1million!

Great 32nd Update!! Wonderful pictures of that city!

(again the first poster after an update!)

Schulmanator

This is a lovely update. Scenic Drive is truly scenic. The town looks good and like the kind of place in which it would be great to live.  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

Dave hmmm where in the world do i start here ok how about with this one......

Quote"You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out,
and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the
side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.
Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out
try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There
are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are
out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out
twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game."

Hope that's clear enough for you

Ummm that is sooo much more confussing then anything i ever heard before lol... he is out but in but out no how in the world do you win by being out or in.... Dang Crickett's.... the other thing of climbing to the top of the tower ummm what the word that comes to my mind noooo way i dont think soo at 1200 stairs not happening lol....  Ohhh and is this there site the savvy folks started....  Mostly a great a fab update M8 cant wait to see more - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Oh, I really like Lithgow too.  :thumbsup: Love the way you've dealt with avenues along the hillside. Also the open areas add a lot of charm to the city.
And now I understand why crickett never made any sense to me before. I always thought the guys out were really in, but of course, it's just the opposite!

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Hello, there, Dave!

Lithgow looks fantastic, and I can't help but notice that the entire region is coming together beautifully! I do have a question for though: What is the long brown and black building at left in this picture:

pipishere

Another great update....so quick after my last posting too....such a treat! lol

Could you let me know where you got the freight rail stations too?! Muchas gracias!  :)

tooheys

Thanks for the comments everyone. Personal replies next update but in the meantime here are some links/info I was asked for.

thundercrack83: That is jestarr's sugar warehouse, it can be found here.

pipishere: Pip, the railyards are simgoobers and are here.

cheers

Dave

Russell

Wow. Lithgow looks amazing, especially the view over the Telcom Tower. Tremendous work.  &apls

Emperor Stormont

What stunning work indeed. I'm not sure why I have not visited before.....

Anyways, I love what I see, the region is so well managed and planned and thus it looks fantastic. Very impressed with the work and I shall now be returning with every update.  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

tooheys

Replies

bat: Thanks bat

Schulmanator: Thanks, I'm pleased you enjoyed Lithgow

patfirefghtr:lol thanks for dropping by mate.

Jmouse: Hi Joan lol. Pleased that you liked the avenues, it takes a while to get the slopes right.

thundercrack83: Dustin refer my reply above (270). Thanks for the great comments.

pipishere: Have posted the link above (reply 270). Appreciate the comments.

Russell: Thanks Russell

belfastuniguy: Welcome. Appreciate the comments and thank's for dropping by.

Bathurst

R 219,419
C 144,845
I 18,322

An interesting little city, it is still under development. Commercial development has taken off and there is plenty of highrise.
Residential population is high, but given demand there is not one R$$ or R$$$ growable in the city
of 219k sims. Nevertheless, despite the odd brown SC4 building, I think the residential areas still look OK.

The new train colour scheme (good idea pip). This is the first train to leave the yard and
there appears to be a minor problem, the rear car doesn't seem to like diagonal track.

Town Hall. Surrounded by statues, only that in front of the building and across the pond is of the current mayor.
The bronze statues to the left and right are of two great brewers, Mr & Mrs Tooheys (no relation)

Most of the residential area is built on terraces overlooking the commercial precinct.

As you can see, most buildings are a lovely shade of brown, gray or puce green.

Riley Morris stadium (named after my RL nephew), home to the newly formed national
baseball team, the Balanvian Stags. Entered in the upcoming World Series, I wouldn't put my
house on them, even if it was made out of Lego.

Well, that's another update, can't believe I've done 33 already.

Until number 34,

Cheers

Dave

Pat

Dave its been a great 33 updates and you are getting better and better each and everyone there M8 see you next update and i cant belive it i beat bat in today lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

yes, you have beaten me, pat.  :D

That's another wonderful update, tooheys! :thumbsup: Looking forward to update 34!

Jmouse

As already stated, another nice update, and I'm kinda starting to like the highrises. I'll be studying those terraces of yours more closely as soon as I finish plowing through the e-mail.

Until next time,
Joan

thundercrack83

Hello, there, Dave!

Bathurst looks fantastic, my friend! I love that one train station you've used, I never saw it before. Also, I noticed that you're about 100 views away from making it to the Classics!

tooheys

Replies

patfirefghtr: lol Pat, but don't expect to beat the Guru here too often. Thanks for the compliment.

bat: First there was Batman, now we have batguru. Well deserved bat and thanks for the comments as always.

Jmouse: Thanks Joan. Highrises seem to have taken over Balnavia at the moment, think I need to have a break from them
and create another rural town for the region. But then again...

thundercrack83: Hi Dustin. That is one of my favourite stations. I found it on the STEX and will try to get a link for you ASAP.
Quote from: thundercrack83 on September 01, 2007, 01:43:34 PM

I noticed that you're about 100 views away from making it to the Classics!

That's something I never expected to achieve, feels like I only started Balnavia a short while ago. Appreciate the comments.

Balnavia

Well, development has broken out to the south. Yamba is to be a mainly industrial area and I have included several photos
below of work to date.

Lismore will be mainly residential, but low/medium density, few if any highrises.

And St Leonards, well the next huge city, much needed given current demand.

Yamba

As mentioned above, a mainly industrial area. Still plenty of development to come but here are some pic's of the small
port and industrial areas.

Only a small update, hope you enjoy. Next update, Friday.

Until then

Cheers

Dave

Pat

LoL well guess what i did again lol....
Dave this is a nice port you got here