• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simmer2

So I started dabbling with marbles, stones and rocks and then I took inspiration from one of Korver's pics and came up with this. Several days and a lot of trials later here is the result. I call it "SM2 Greek Temple Ruin"

I'm also working on creating a huge library of different stones to give the community more choices when creating MMP heavy scenes. There will be literally 100's of combinations once I'm done.

Oh and by the way I have not given up on rail related lots, I just wanted to play with something also before continuing my rail saga.

I set this up on a strictly Mediterranean background of brush and trees.  Oh and its in HD baby!

________________________________________________________________________________

Vizoria

Nice one! The model and the textures look really good. Your MMP skills are even better!

Simmer2

Thanks Viz!

You all remember my scrapyard project from a few pages back?
Well I have a few props ready and now that I'm far more proficient with Gmax I'm churning prop after prop faster than I can say prop  ;D

Here are a few examples which includes the Car Crusher (It makes cars into cubes)

It is still work in progress

________________________________________________________________________________

Alan_Waters

Simmer2

Small update on the Scrap metal processing facility.
About 40% done on the main unit, the massive shredder center piece, still have to make the control room, wiring, external piping
various exhausts, more conveyor belts, leading to other sorting machines, trusses ...ect ect.

No point exporting a half done model to the game, thus this Gmax pic.

shanghai kid

Wow :o &apls
It's looking great so far, and i love that you've added cars on that belt, ready to be shredded :thumbsup:
Look forward to see more getting finished and added to this, and a preview both as a new gmax pic and finished exported bat/lot &apls &apls
Shanghai kid from Norway
"The lurking devil"
(Bam Bam Bigelow & Eddie Guerrero R.I.P).

dyoungyn

WOW!!  This would be a great addition to my Industrial sections.  Your details are WONDERFUL.  Can't wait until you add as you identified to see the finished product.  Keep up the imaginative creations.

Andreas

The car crusher is very cool alright, I wonder why nobody ever thought of that. :D

BTW, you could "crush" your PNG files a little as well and convert them into JPG with, say, 80-85% quality, reducing the size considerably, similar to those scrap metal cubes compared to the original cars. ;)
Andreas

belfastsocrates

A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Shark7

Scrap metal facility is off to an interesting start.  Can't wait to see the final result.

Tyberius06

Hello Simmer!

First of all, I would like to thank to you the amezing Lots and textrues what you made! :) I love all of them. :)

Nowadays I started to make some ReLoting projects using your RRW NSB textures http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3357. I may make a thread for them, because I've already remade most of the PEG-CDK3-SP lots (only changed the base and overlay textures so far, and made some new Lots expanding the set) and I inted to do Tamorrs expanson sets http://community.simtropolis.com/profile/231997-tamorr/content/?type=downloads_file for the PEG-CDK3-SP system aswell, and some transitions for the NBVC Container port.

But doing so I ran into a problem. I miss some texture configuration, mostly switches where each direction is exist but the another isn't. I attached some pictures to show what is I am talking about (Fist Picture). They are maybe not issues, but I personally miss them, and because I don't have the skills to play with the textures and making some rotated version for them, I would like to ask you to make them.
There is an another issue. You gave us a picture folder with examples (into the download folder), how we can configurate the overlays, and there is the Config 42 (I don't know the name of this kind of railway/yard configuration) picture, but I found overlays only the each half of that configuration, the another half is missing (I attached the picture - 2nd picture).
The third question is a request (well the first was a request aswell with the another directions :) ). On the 3rd picture there is a situation (some PEG and Tamorr Seaport release had a texture variation witch was similiar like on my picture and I would like to create something like that), what I would like to make, but there isn't any useable configuration for that (for one side - right side - I think there is, but both side there isn't). I would like an option to make that configuration properly (3rd picture), and I also would like some other options aswell (4th picture).

So if you have the interest and you would be so kind to make these things I will be very happy.
But anyhow thank you for your work! :)

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you all for the kind words, it really means a lot  &apls

@Tyberius06  I'm currently on holidays, some 1000 miles plus from my work station however I should be back home in 3 days. I will be happy to create those configurations for you and look on fig. 42 as well. I will then add them to my NSB pack and post the update here for everyone to see.

Thank you.

Simmer2/Nick

mgb204

I'm loving the car crusher, I'm looking forward to seeing this develop, given your lotting style I think we're in for something really awesome. It's great to see you branching out from Rail-based lots into other areas and well done with getting a handle on BATing.  :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Thank you Robin

@Tyberius06 Ok so I looked at your issues closely and found a solution. There are no missing pieces from my NSB pack, what you are forgetting is that you can "mirror" the pieces and achieve opposite configurations just as I explained on the description. Use the "M" key when you are using XPIM, it will mirror your pieces.
I eliminated all the redundant pieces to make the pack smaller. No need to have mirrored pieces.

Here is an example, the same applies to the yard pieces.

As far as the request for new configurations, here are 3 more. With just 14 new pieces I was able to make what you are looking for. Do not forget to mirror the pieces to achieve opposite configuration.

and

Original design.

For the new configurations requested please re-download and replace http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3357

Simmer2

art128

A wrecker is a nice idea and will certainly give some more variety to the infrastructures of the game.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Tyberius06

Thank You very much Nick! :)
And thank You to point to me the "M" buttom trick in PIM-X, I didn't know that. Well I keep working with the seaport/harbour lots.

I don't want to be greedy and you just updated the nsb texture pack (I forgot to mention earlier and you were too fast making the update with the requested textures), but I would have one more request. I don't know if there would be a general purpose of this configuration, or it's exist only in my immagination, but I may need that (or something like that) config what is on the picture with the orangeish lines...

Thank you again!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you art128.

@Tyberius06 Don't worry about bothering me, I'm happy that you are putting the NSB pack to good use. If you have more requests, just ask. Once you are done with that wonderful project you are working on, I will add the configs to the pack.
Here is a link with your latest request,  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y8xcerqc4merwu9/AACXsVuZ0FRb5yo__nqYJKLOa?dl=0  Click on the download button on the upper right corner, open it and just plop the dat file in your plugin and use it, I will keep track of the textures IID's and amend the pack once ready.

Here is the config.

Simmer2

Simmer2

Almost....
Finished the cyclone blowers and the washer system (used to separate non-metals such as plastics, upholstery, rubber etc. that gets caught in the mix) , also the control room and power conduits. Still have to do the rest of the conveyor belts to magnetic separators, trusses, supports, stairs and gangways etc. etc.

vester

The diagonal members should be about half the size of the the legs, as they just take tension not pressure.

To make this look more real life like:
- make the legs and the diagonals into H-profiles.
- the side and the top, split it into small elements.
- make some corner element, some sort of profile.

Here is a few pictures for inspiration:
Buildings0184 - Textures.com
BuildingsIndustrial0059 - Textures.com
Buildingsindustrial0165 - Textures.com
Buildingsindustrial0061 - Textures.com

Adding these details can either be done by modeling them or adding them to the textures.

Simmer2

Vester Thank you for the suggestions.

Here is a new project for everyone to enjoy. Coming soon to a screen near you  :D
The whole project is designed to be MMP friendly. You can use anything as base (as you can see from the pics)
No base texture for maximum flexibility and of course you are not going to have the infamous water bug with these lots. ()stsfd()

I call it SM2 Aqueduct (Big water pipe). However you can use it to simulate the transportation of any fluid if you wish. It is a 2 meter wide pipeline.

I have 18 pieces already made. Here is a list.

1) Straight
2) Straight variation2
3) Diagonal
4) Diagonal variation2
5) 90 degree bend
6) T
7) Cross
8) Straight overhang
9) Diagonal overhang
10) Diagonal to straight right
11) Diagonal to straight left
12) Diagonal to straight Y right
13) Diagonal to straight Y left
14) 2 pipe pump house (pressure booster)
15) 3 pipe pump house (pressure booster)
16) Underground
17) 1 tile bridge (overhang)
18) 2 tile bridge (overhang)

Simmer2/Nick