• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Double Road Elevated Rail Station

Started by gabrielbyrnei, May 27, 2008, 10:57:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabrielbyrnei

Well, ive just laid some double road elevated rails across a comercial area on my city, but there is no vay for my sims to get down through a station, i was wondering if there was any ????

Also, im having trouble getting sims to use elevated rails, the subway system is completely collapsed with too many people but the elevated rail is just with 0 people... ???

PD: how do i use Ped Malls??? what is the arrow for??? should it show pesdestrian volume if its being used ?  If i put the "?" sign over it should it say X people is using it ??

Swamper77

Gabriel,

The arrow is for orientation purposes, but not really necessary since the Sims can wander all over the tiles. The Ped Mall tiles should show how many people are using it, if they are using it at all. It should also show a blue/white color in the volume maps in the Traffic Data view. Just because you see people on them does not mean they are actually being used.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

gabrielbyrnei

Ok, thanks for your answer. Sims arent very interested about ped malls are they?? ive laid some crossing commercial zones and 0 usage :P

I would love if someone knew about doble el.rail-road stations

SC4BOY

Ped malls have no "user transfer" capabilities.. only ped's enter and only ped's leave.. so you MUST provide a transition mechanism for ped's to enter.. ie a busstop, rail station, parking lot, etc..  And of course you must put them where ped's WANT TO GO.. :)

gabrielbyrnei

so, is there a way for making station on elevated rails over roads ???

z

That's just the station for elevated rail running over road.  The OP (and I) are interested in a station for the new double elevated rail, released in the latest NAM.  I don't think such a station exists yet, though.

And the reason that the Sims don't use the elevated trains is that they're scared of (simulated) heights.  Sad, but true.   ;D

gabrielbyrnei

hahahaha could be because they also prefer avenues than elevated highways

z

Actually, it has to do with the way the traffic simulator works.  Basically, the Sims won't go much out of their way (meaning the shortest distance) to use any specific type of transportation.  So if you want them to use the elevated trains, you have to put the trains where they'll trip over them.

gabrielbyrnei

yeah, thats why i was looking for elevated rails, as sims dont seem to like normal rails laid far off the city center.
I used buses and Subways but i still get some traffic jams :P

A200

I like to use inner city subways, then monorails with few stations on the surface. I got sick of buses, they get stuck in congestion, and I can't change their frequency to relieve overcrowding  :thumbsdown:

gabrielbyrnei

Do that really affect commute times? I mean, do heavy traffic on roads or any type of transportation affects how long sims take to go to work?

deion30296

Yep, sadly. And slowly over time your cities begin to what Maxis calls Dilapidate. The buildings get dirty and the wealthy lowers.  :-[
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Alfred.Jones

This thread has gone way off topic.

If you want stations for Elevated Rail over Road, I would suggest following the link warrior posted or looking at the first couple of stations on this page (scroll down) They also have double height rail stations as well and are very easy to use.

Sim City 4 Devotion