• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Double level highway, rail, road, tram bridges

Started by swashbuckler, November 10, 2009, 09:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swashbuckler

Is it possible to make double level bridge, to be one bridge(example: road and tram to be side by side or tram to be up). Same with rail and highways. There would be many combinations if it is possible.  :P

Jonathan

Kind of the wrong board, this is for posts that have had no replies for a while.
But yes it is possible, but all the modders are busy either with RL or projects. But you may see it eventually.

Sorry read the question wrong, thought you were talking about overpass puzzle pieces not bridges that go over water.

swashbuckler

Ah sorry about that.
Admin please remove this thread where it should be.  %confuso
Thank you.

I have moved it, Robin  :thumbsup:

choco

swashbuckler

Quote from: choco on November 11, 2009, 09:07:48 AM
i'll be looking into this shortly.... :)

Oh great, thank you. I always hated when I build road bridge and next to it rail bridge and they look different, it looks a little bit ugly, but this will be more eye pleasing with the same bridge to cover it. :)

swashbuckler

Quote from: Jonathan on November 10, 2009, 09:58:02 AM
Sorry read the question wrong, thought you were talking about overpass puzzle pieces not bridges that go over water.

Yes I was thinking about bridges that go over the water not puzzle pieces. But still, is it possible?

Jonathan

As far as I'm aware it is not possible, it was tried a while back and there was problems, however choco might have worked something out?

choco

i really want to just explorer the different combinations of dual-networked bridges to see if a i can narrow down what results in the congestion issue.  there is certainly no guarantee i will find anything useful....my first attempt at GLR-in-Ave didn't carry light rail traffic, so im not sure what i'll find....in anything.

the TsingMa was a highway bridge that carried rail....i am wondering about other networks as well, and the NAM is prime for experimenting with it.

for instance, the first test i want to do would be to make 2 TRAM-in-Road bridges, one based on road network and one based on rail, using road and rail exemplars, respectively.  i assume all networks would be treated the same with respect to congestion, but i want to see it with my own eyes. 

although, this is gonna take some time.  but i will be sure to report anything thats interesting.... ;)