• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Traffic Signals in SC4--A Discussion Thread

Started by Tarkus, June 29, 2008, 12:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetlight 725

Pat

streetlight patience my young friend is truly the best thing to learn around here...  stuff will get done and released when its finished...

J-dub it that your model with the traffic light and street light the white color one?  that is looking real sweet any chances of them becoming a replacement?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

j-dub

The props were there, my last post. To be honest, I didn't have any plans to replace these with anything, because I don't like restrictions such as left on green arrow only, or no turn on red; because there are times, when they just aren't appropriate.

Streetlight 725

Fresh Prince of SC4D

How about this ? Looks good for avenue x road, eh?

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

j-dub

Is this what this light looks like?

nerdly_dood

Great work so far! :thumbsup:

Question:  What is this texture I highlighted? (Image attached)

I know that the slip lane is an overhanging prop; I don't know what the street transition texture is... It looks like the RHW-2 to street transition from ShadowAssassin's RHW texture mod, but the mod that's currently available has no RHW-2 textures.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

I don't know, but thats kinda irrelevant. I'll tell you what it is though, it is going the wrong way. That isn't a te lot, but that is a new lot in the pic, so this time the overhanging was done in attempt to make it look like it merges to the MIS. I didn't want to bring that up, because thats not going anywhere as in release.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

nerdly_dood

I was just curious.  Also, the picture was originally in this thread so I figured what other place is there to ask about it than here? But my question is answered thanks.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Here we go!Here's one from......Germany......again (So ein Mist! All meine Leiblingsampelen kommt auf Deustchland?)

this would look great for avenue crossings.Will someone try this?

BTW- Thank for all the lights up till now j-dub.

MandelSoft

^ Do I see a Labourghini there   ;D?

By the way, I make some Dutch Stoplights, but I don't have a picture yet to post.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

Heres the signals I made earlier, you can plop them next to intersections that don't have a signal already. They appear in Misc transit, you sould see a grey icon.

sithlrd98

Beautiful work here...I truly admire the work being done!

Quote from: Heblem on August 19, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
I just noticed today about this thread, but i hope some of you find useful my stop lights, I still can do some more variations if you want...  ;)

Heblem: I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction to make these as replacements , kinda like your Semamex6-0x5ad0e817_0x3350db00_0x30000.SC4Model does.I tried to re-construct the exempler using the exempler in this file but no luck!
Also , is there a reason that they revert back to maxis lights at a 4 way intersection?
Jayson

Monorail Master

I would just like to make a request. Can anyone make a left turn traffic light for the left turn lane for the avenue x avenue intersections?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Ryan B.

I've got one modeled, believe it or not.  Look back in the earlier pages of this thread.

Monorail Master

:angrymore:     NO! NO! NO! This is what I ment for my Left turn lane

Please, tone it down--it sounds like you are making demands.  -Alex (Tarkus), Admin
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Ryan B.

Monorail Master:  It shouldn't be too difficult to do.  I shall see if I can whip something up.

j-dub

I remember the day they decided to put those in the middle curb of avenue intersections where I lived. They replaced the 5 head signal for this left on green arrow only, red arrow signal. I hated that. Especially how you had to wait to make a stinking U-turn. @bursabre87. If you need some help getting the arrows to appear in the signal head, I found a way to do it.

nerdly_dood

Red arrow lights? I've seen some of those in Virginia Beach and eastern Virginia, but they're rare... Around here we have a green arrow light, a yellow arrow light, and a round solid red light...