• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Harishna's BATing room

Started by harishna, February 28, 2011, 03:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harishna

G'day people I decided to show my work here

This is my first BAT well this is actually a v2, as I discarded a first version made with GMAX, anyways the building in question is the Autonomous National University of Mexico main library. This building dates back to 1950 and forms part of a group of landmark buildings that make the campus a World Heritage site. The facade of the building is covered by beautiful murals made of colored stones designed by Juan O'Gorman. There are also figures with indigenous themes embedded in the rock walls.
Anyways on to the BAT, well I think the modeling is done, and most of the texturing I just need to add trees and make the night version. Drop me a line

peterycristi

Wow! The UNAM!!! I allready love it!!  &apls  &apls
Are you planning to do the complete campus?

saludos desde alemania

Peter
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

peter007

Aww this is phenomenal.

Keep up the very great work

harishna

Thanks for the comments Aaron and Peter007.

Peterycristi Thanks I am also working in the Rectoria tower just in front of the library we will see what comes after that :) maybe I will try the Humanidades tower just across...

So here is an update on the library

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have also been working in the Rectoria tower from the same campus, I had to take out some details as it was getting to much for my computer...anyways most of the modeling is finished, I need to work in some of the textures, add roof junk and model the lot.  The building is sunken in reference to the street so there is a plaza that gives access to the main entrance I have decided to I add a DRAFT of this plaza to see how could it sit in the lot...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

harishna

I went mad and completely re-made Rectoria tower this is how the new version it looks at the moment

peter007

Very much squares.

But still beautiful.

harishna

Thanks Peter the squares are based in the real life lot...so I can't do much about it :)

So here is a small update on both models, comments welcome!

Library: working on the nightlights

Rectoria tower: adding flora and detailing the lot

jmyers2043

QuoteLibrary: working on the nightlights

Library? that is one spectacular building. The light treatment to the roof elevator mechanical room is a bit on the hard side but that's a quibble for sure.

Good Luck

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Sciurus

Excellent buildings, I really like the textures you used on the floor, it renders very well.

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

peter007

antn

The UNAM library is a great piece of latin american modernist architecture and your recreation is excellent. Those murals are really interesting. In the night render maybe you can set back the lights somewhat from the wall so that the border between lit and unlit areas aren't as sharp. I think that would make it look even better and correspond better to the real lights of the building.

Girafe

Good job  &apls

densify your foliage,

you desaturate too much you green color for the trees

click rignt on your trees,

object properties,

return black option

your result will be better (more contrast)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

peter007

harishna

Jim: Thanks for the kind words! yes, ugly night lights hope it is an

Guillaume: Thanks very much

antn: thanks, I have been playing with the lights a little bit, took rid of all those ugly lights and change to Photometric ones, I have been playing with the setting during the weekend, hope they look better.

Girafe: I am using the AEC Objects with density of 1, can I make them denser? or would you recommend me a different technique for making my trees? (I just don't want em to be to heavy as I don't have a super machine). I used the return black options and the results are pretty good.

Peter: Thanks for stopping by, great work with that plane!

Here a small update (I think I finished the library, unless someone has something to say! :))

peter007

Very nice update.
Thanks for the little compliment on my plane.
But your buildings are so much better!!

-Ernst

supremec

I like the night lights, the trees and the BAT  :thumbsup:
Click on the banner to see my BATs

kapete

I also love the nightlightning and how "clean" you keep your work &apls

Keep it so  :thumbsup:

harishna

Thanks for the visit Peter007
supremec thanks very much
kapete nice to see you back into BATing

Ok some updates
here is the rectoria tower

Library added glare to the night-view

and I also did a day test export, took me something like 18hrs just to realize that I forgot to turn off the lights and that the LODs were a little bit bigger than they should have been(that is why of the not matching parking and green grass) and finally I also forgot to scaled by 133% haven't say this here is how it looks comments on any other that what I have mentioned more than welcome

some more stuff
small shop a vet and a pharmacy roughly based in a real life example I need to make this w2w friendly

and a VIPS restaurant (commonly found in Mexico) need to add some details to the roof and model the lot not sure yet about leaving the lot of this for LE

as I just said feedback is always useful!!

peter007

Great Progress. I already saw your buildings at the STEX.
If I may add something to your buildings?
I would make the roof a little bit busier.
Not the upper roof that one is realy fine.

-Ernst