• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palpatine001

The raised Transit RHW Piece has caught my attention, as I can think of many uses for it so will be waiting quietly for that release  ;)

[Edit] Picture removed in request of the staff  :) - Palpatine001

The question being though; how much more retrofitting am I going to need to be doing, I don't feel like retrofitting once only to do it again down the line  $%Grinno$%
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

rickmastfan67

Palpatine001 & Haljackey:

Please post your Interchange pictures in the Interchange showoff thread.   We here would appreciate it because we try to keep this thread to develoment shots or pictures of problems that happen.

Thanks.

EDITLet me chime in here, too.  I don't think that this is the first time that James (and perhaps others) has made this request.  Please, folks, this is a matter of simple courtesy and respect to the development team. -DE
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Starmanw402007

I cant use the RHW Modd, the one with the arrow turns green wont work at all for my new computer. I have Vista Windows now if your wondering what type of windows program I have for these new modds. Also, I know this part doesnt belong here but I thought I let u know that the Sam Beta V2 is not working for me either. The strange thing is that when I first tried it, it worked fined, now it just doesnt work at all LOL. Everything else works fine though.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of SimNation!)
Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Meastro444

have you tried to locate the source of the problem?

it just cannot stop instantly!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

jplumbley

Quote from: Starmanw402007 on January 08, 2008, 09:45:55 AM
I cant use the RHW Modd, the one with the arrow turns green wont work at all for my new computer. I have Vista Windows now if your wondering what type of windows program I have for these new modds. Also, I know this part doesnt belong here but I thought I let u know that the Sam Beta V2 is not working for me either. The strange thing is that when I first tried it, it worked fined, now it just doesnt work at all LOL. Everything else works fine though.

Your Friend;
(Proud To Be Cities Of SimNation!)

What do YOU change?  As Meastro444 said things dont stop working on their own.  You have done something that has prevented these mods from working.  I dont even have a guess as to what you did, because I simply cannot know.

Windows Vista has nothing to do with Plugins for your game, if there was an issue with Vista it would prevent the entire game from working, not something you added to the game.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

JoeST

a really strange problem... i have 2 icons for the "ANT" network tool LOL... both work fine but i just dont understand why theres another, there is no extra copy of it

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jplumbley

I would suggest you start going through you plugins folder Star.   There has to be another version of RHW in there, and theres got to be a second Controller.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Andreas

Quote from: star.torturer on January 08, 2008, 11:28:22 AM
a really strange problem... i have 2 icons for the "ANT" network tool LOL... both work fine but i just dont understand why theres another, there is no extra copy of it

Also, make sure that the old ANT plugin got removed.
Andreas

JoeST

forget it.. i can just reinstall the whole NAM... its easier LOL

Haljackey

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 07, 2008, 09:09:46 PM

Please post your Interchange pictures in the Interchange showoff thread.   We here would appreciate it because we try to keep this thread to develoment shots or pictures of problems that happen.

Okay, no problem!  I liked how you called it the interchange "Showoff" thread, if I want to "showoff" more I will post there from now on.  Thanks for letting me know.
-Haljackey

RebaLynnTS

Star .. don't forget to make sure you remove all of the old NAM first, then re-install it in the correct order.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

JoeST

or i could just delete my whole plugin folder :p

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

j-dub

from Jplumbley
QuoteWindows Vista has nothing to do with Plugins for your game, if there was an issue with Vista it would prevent the entire game from working, not something you added to the game.
I just got Vista as well. It actually runs SC4 a lot faster, however the system gets complicated.
This goes to any Vista user. I have a different game I tried putting an expansion pack on, and it didn't want to do it, so I had to find another way in, and open the disc data myself. As for SimCity4, I reinstalled it on Vista, but kept the plugins, and it works perfectly with MIS and SAM, except for the 1 texture glitch. Vista is a little more difficult, when it comes to overwriting. When you move something it might try to rename in example plugins to plugins2, or when opening plugins, its in another folder called plugins again. I have had some stuff like that happen, the first time on Vista I tried operating SC4, sucess.
So in short, your going to have to do some digging in your folders for a solution. I don't know if this is a vista thing or not, no function loss, but some of my icons now repeat, but not all of them, like the new RHW 2 icon is on there 3 times in the menu, but the puzzle piece icon is just once. I don't have old nam on Vista,  but I like how NAM and RHW are running now, because I don't want to reinstall all of those things again.

As for the RHW now, I don't always put the shoulder infact it layed down that way first on mine, because than its 4 tiles wide minimum. It works perfectly fine, but the way it is now, is realistic, meaning you actually may want to make the shoulder texture bigger while its there. So I hope this isn't trouble for you NAM guys, does it really need to all be repathed to have the rhw very similar style to the old maxis ghw? Those pics are great to replace the ghw texture! Not that I want to make this more expensive. 

Starmanw402007

What I'm currently doing is this. I've completely uninstalled SC4 game itself, and removed all the plugins has well. I'm currently installing SC4 again. Then will come back here and download all the nams first before I download the buildings and everything else I like. And I'll see if that solves this problem LOL. Having vista windows is a great thing. With a new pc and vista widows is an upgrade all together LOL. Will let you how the new Sam other updated Modds work when finished ok. I have done something wrong without noticing it.

Your Friend;
Your Friend;

nick1234

Hey i have a problem, sorry if its not in the right section or if its been answered before, but i just couldnt find it. Well i started using the new RHW and i have tried to make a road overpass, or any kind of overpass actually, over the RHW but there are no puzzles pieces for it. I used to have them back with the older RHW. Can someone help me out with this? It would be a great help. Thanks

rickmastfan67

Quote from: nick1234 on January 08, 2008, 07:24:45 PM
Hey i have a problem, sorry if its not in the right section or if its been answered before, but i just couldnt find it. Well i started using the new RHW and i have tried to make a road overpass, or any kind of overpass actually, over the RHW but there are no puzzles pieces for it. I used to have them back with the older RHW. Can someone help me out with this? It would be a great help. Thanks

They are now stored in the RHW Puzzle piece area. ;)

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

nick1234

Ohhhh thats where it is, clever little place to put it haha. Thanks a bunch.

metasmurf

neighbour connections doesn't not function with the rhw?

rickmastfan67

Quote from: metasmurf on January 09, 2008, 02:50:38 AM
neighbour connections doesn't not function with the rhw?

RHW-2 yes.  RHW-4 and up, no.  We're still looking into a way to get them to work.  In the meantime, you can use a AVE or GHW connection to make the connection for the RHW-4.