• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Watersford

Started by Diggis, April 08, 2008, 10:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

Hey Diggis my friend. Long times no see. Sorry for be unable to post earlier , but that`s gonna change. Great to see your work again and great evolution of your farms too.  &apls &apls Looking forward mate . Take care :thumbsup:

Diggis

On one of his jaunts upon his boat The Unmentionables, Matt B came across the a small forested island.  Being the literate type, he named it Avalon. 

Pulling his boat up on the shore he went for a bit of an explore and decided this would be an ideal place to base his empire to avoid the taxes charged in Watersford Forks.

Not long after, he had Pegasus Construction building the new seaport village complete with ferry to get his staff and tenants to the island.

As you can see there is an active night life.

Up the hill a residential development is taking shape.... 

and across the lake Matt's farmers are beginning production.  Many of Matt's products require wine to work (that's what he tells the customers anyway...) so one of the first to get built is the Winery.  Matt's such a hard task master he has them working all through the night.

Matt however is sound asleep in his new house at the south of the island.  He discovered a small stream up there and decided to build his house on its banks. 

Let's take a closer look.  As you can see Matt spared no expense on the building of his house.  Watch for the parties here, his friend Vester has a funny idea of a practical joke.

Pity this beautiful island went to Matt, The Great God Diggis must have some plans for him.

Joan: Glad you liked it.  Although I wouldn't ask about the berrys, you really don't want to know.

Dustin:
Cheers, more farms to come.

Paul: Here's what I came up with next...  ;)

Kim:
Welcome back old friend.  Good to see you around.  That reminds me, must drop in to your theme park again.  It's been a stressfull week and I could do with a ride on a rollercoaster.

Q-Tips

Great pictures and animation.  :thumbsup:
I love your farms, and i like the way you build them. It helped me with some ideas for my self. Your beach are is also great. The only thing i never been a fan of is building up around hilly area. But it wouldnt be much realistic if it wasnt building along hills.

sebes

Master Matt B sleeping and partying in his exorbitant mansion while the imigrants work nights in his winery...    I can picture this.... and am wondering what plans the Great God Diggis has for him  :D
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

OOOOOOOOooooooooh Dear great god Diggis please don't smite your faithful follower I missed one of your teachings... I did however make it to this one so does that count as a wash? LOL great last 2 updates Shaun!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Nice scenery you have there in Avalon, Shaun, and I really like the seaport, especially at night. I've always wanted to use those lots but never managed to get around to it. The winery and Mayor's house look great, too. Looking forward to finding out what the Great God Diggis has in store for Mayor Matt and his lovely island!

Later...
Joan

JBSimio

Nice update, Shaun!  The master's home sits beautifully at the tip of the island... I really like the setting a lot.  :thumbsup:  It's also nice to hear that his tastes have evolved from beer to the finer things in life.  I hope the Great God won't be too hard on him. ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Simpson

Good very good continue  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Wonderful pictures of Avalon!
The rural ones are looking beautiful. And the one of the night life is looking fantastic, as well the other ones! :thumbsup:

paroch

Shaun, I love it. 

I like the little logos for each town (nice touch)

I love the little story lines (MattB has earned that mansion in my opinion)

And your pictures are darned good as well.

I just hope that the Mighty God Diggis doesn't get toooooo angry with Master Matt!

Looking forward to more of Watersford.

kimcar

I really like this mansion on the falls . Very nice place for party &apls &apls And you will be always welcome for a ride at Funtasia :thumbsup:

Diggis

Q-tips: I'm also not a big fan of building on the slopes in this game.  I do it sparingly and think it works ok here.

Sebes: I had to go back and read this again.  It's such a long time since I wrote it I forget what I wrote.  But yeah, I hear Matt's a real slave driver.  Can't trust those Aussies.

Pat: I'll forgive you... this time...  >:(

Joan: Glad you like it.  I use Pegs CDK's a fair bit, especially the Old Wooden Waterfront.  I don't use night shots nearly enough.

JB: I didn't say he drank the wine now did I? ;)  He just hocks it off to the locals cheap.  I doubt he'll ever be parted from his VB.

Simpson: Thank you.  I'll post another update at the weekend.

Bat: I enjoy the night part of the game, but never spend enough time there.  I think I'll have to work on that.

Paul: I agree, Matt certainly does deserve that mansion.  It's one of my favourite BATs and I have to try not to over use it.

Kim: I'll be sure and add you to the next invite list to the party.

warszawa

Hey! Avalon looks stunning Diggis! :thumbsup:.
The usage of PEGs porting facilities is awesome! I also adore the seasonal trees to death! :D Keep up the brill work!
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

threestooges

Shaun,
I don't know how I haven't stumbled across this MD before, but great work (though should anything less be expected from the local deity?). Good story, and good pics, a fine combination. I love what you did with the Frank Lloyd Wright. One of my favorites, but I don't see it used too often (but then you wouldn't expect to I guess...). I'll keep an eye out for the next part. Good work.
-Matt (not the one from the winery)

CasperVg

I really like how this MD is turning out, very nice! I will certainly pop in later  ;)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Diggis

Just dropping by Avalon to see how Matt's community is growing under his watchful eye.

As you can see he has had to resort to herbal remedies to keep the residents happy.  He has
employed the services of Mr SG of GobberGen Labs to provide daily "supplements" for the locals. 
So far rioting has been kept to a minimum so it must be working.  Or Matt's actually a good Mayor. 
&Thk/(

At least the port on the island is finished finally.  Pegasus Construction were supposed to be fined
for going over time and budget, until they reminded Matt they weren't being paid anyway, at which
point he upped the daily supply of Fukitol™ and the job got finished.

Finally work had been completed on the new resort of Sam's Bush.  There was some hushed debate
over the name, with the word crabs over heard a few times,  ()what()   but when they realised it
was named after the great Sam Flash Jr, properties were quickly taken.  Unfortunately the Real
Estate Agent was Sam himself so people paid well above market rate.   :angrymore:

Well, looks like everything is moving along well in Avalon.  The farming is taking off, and there are now
3 small settlements, which we'll take a look at later, so Matt must be doing something right.  Even if it
is just employing Mr SG.  :D

Warszawa:  Thanks for dropping by.  I've got most of Peg's stuff in my plugins, especially his OWW2.

Matt:  I don't know either.  ;)  But good to see you here.  I think the Great God Diggis may have had
Falling Water in mind when he created this island.  ()stsfd()

Casper:  Glad you like it. Drop in any time.

paroch

Nice update there Shaun.  The port area is looking good, and as for Sam's Bush - ????

One suggestion, you seem to have left the gris on for the pics, try turning it off (alt + g, I think).

Til the next one,

Paul

Jmouse

Avalon is developing nicely, Shaun. I really like the seaport at night, and especially like the way you've designed the access. Looks like you've used the lay of the land to your advantage, but that's what you always do, isn't it? :D

Later...
Joan

threestooges

I really like the slope down to the harbor (is that where the crabs were? kidding of course) and the area looks to be developing nicely. Despite the questionably high rate for the lots, it looks like a pleasant place to live, if not, there's a farm around there somewhere. At any rate, it's looking pretty good so far. See you around the next update.
-Matt

bat

WELCOME TO PAGE 4!!!
3 very good new pictures there! Great work on these 3 areas!!