• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Quote from: bakerton on June 23, 2009, 06:46:36 AM
I have a problem that I tired to solve, but can't. I have the STR (single track rail) installed, but in the game I get a red arrow. Secondly, I have installed the avenue turn lanes, but I get the default maxis avenue intersection (ie no turn lanes). I have uninstalled the old NAM followed the instructions to the letter, but I still get the same problem and my brain feels like gel trying to solve everything. Any help or advice will be welcomed. JKB
have you tried installing the NAM whilst having no plugins?

try it, and if yo have no problems, add your plugins (minus the nam folder) and try again. if that causes a problem, you have some erroneous plugin in your folder.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bakerton

JoeST, I just did what you said and it solved my problem. Thanks for the help. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Chrisim

Quote from: Amtrak7 on May 25, 2009, 01:17:13 PM
Here's a weird bug:
It does not make sense to drag road over two pieces of an avenue intersection as you did for your bug report. Simply don't do it. And if you have done it by mistake, bulldoze the junction and rebuild it.

Plunderer,

clearly a RUL bug. Not a newly introduced bug, I guess that it must have been there for quite a while. I am not sure who in the NAM team would know how to correct it. For the moment, please avoid the situation.

Amtrak7

It also happens when upgrading an avenue-road t-intersection to an avenue-avenue one.  This one makes sense, and needs to be corrected.

To replicate this event:

Create this:

Attempt to upgrade the road to an avenue.  It will only let you let you upgrade if the second tile of the avenue is to the left of the road in my example.

The problem occurs.
Also note that this upgraded intersection can't be made into a 4-way avenue intersection.

z

A simple workaround is to demolish the intersection first, then upgrade your road to an avenue.  Both a T and a 4-way intersection should work fine after that.

TwistedMentat

After installing the new June 2009 NAM, my RHW-4 westbound exit ramp style B has been replaced by a diagonal version of style A:

I initially used the NAM updater, then tried installing the full version.  The same problem occurred with both, and also with no other plugins installed.  I have reverted back to the March 2009 version with no problem.

Tarkus

TwistedMentat, it appears that somehow the HighwayIntersectionInfoID (HID) on the last entry of the RHW-4/MIS Ramp Style A Diagonal RULs got changed over to have the same HID as the second entry in the Ramp Style B RULs when the final controller got compiled.  Not sure what happened there.  Easy to fix on this end, but it'll require updating every single NAM upload to distribute.

-Alex

Dexist

Hi,

i have a problem, when i am looking for flups, then i cannot find the OWR.
i can find the new ave ramp, but not the owr ramp...

Chrisim

@Dexist
As the in-game text tells for the FLUPs, simply use Pos1/End to rotate puzzle pieces and to switch to different puzzle pieces. The two oneway ramps are in the same ring as the road ramp.

kassarc16

Just a small quirk, not critical. It seems that the Draggable-GLR x Avenue crossing lacks stop points for traffic; the gates work, but cars do not stop. The puzzle-piece crossing works fine, though.

cfsego

io_bg

Yes, Chrisim has noticed that problem and as I remember, it cannot be solved.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mike3775

Quote from: cfsego on June 30, 2009, 10:00:37 PM
fire engine can not reach the targets on tram in road

That occurs in the Avenue as well

The work around is to have a firestation on each side of the road to avoid them not being able to get to it

z

Quote from: mike3775 on July 01, 2009, 07:30:10 PM
That occurs in the Avenue as well

The work around is to have a firestation on each side of the road to avoid them not being able to get to it

Or if the area in question is within the radius of a fire station, you simply won't get fires there in the first place.

danielra96

i downloaded the June 2009 NAM and now I can't drive an elevated train :'(

KoV Liberty

It might be conflicting stuff in the NAM. Try uninstalling the NAMs an reinstalling the June 2009.

Now for my question...

How do I make neighbor connections w/El-Ave? Is it possible?  ()what()

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Korot

You can't, as it isn't a dragable network. Although it might be possible if you place the El-AVE over an already existing AVE-neighbour connection.

Regards,
Korot

joeltp85

Hi guys. I've searched the forums for the last hour and half and I haven't yet found a solution to this, so I'm going to ask it here. Hopefully someone can give me a hand.

I'm trying to build a monorail over a GLR in avenue, but there doesn't seem to be a piece for this. Originally, while "tabbing" through the GLR/Avenue Dual Network Pieces, I was getting several "##Intersection placement string missing##" error messages for a few of the pieces. So I re-installed NAM hoping that would fix the problem and give me the pieces I needed. That did fix the bug problem, but I still don't see a monorail over tram in avenue piece (or an el train over tram in avenue for that matter). I can't find anything under the High Monorail Puzzle Pieces section either. Do these even exist, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Andreas

Those pieces were added in the latest NAM version, IIRC. They are located almost at the end of the GLR-in-Avenue rotation ring. Press [Shift] and then [Tab] a few times, then they should appear. If not, you either don't have the latest NAM installed, or there's a conflicting NAM Controller in your plugins folder. In that case, follow the troubleshooting guidelines that are described in the "ReadMe first" file.
Andreas

joeltp85

Quote from: Andreas on July 07, 2009, 12:46:40 PM
Those pieces were added in the latest NAM version, IIRC. They are located almost at the end of the GLR-in-Avenue rotation ring. Press [Shift] and then [Tab] a few times, then they should appear. If not, you either don't have the latest NAM installed, or there's a conflicting NAM Controller in your plugins folder. In that case, follow the troubleshooting guidelines that are described in the "ReadMe first" file.

Wow, do I feel stupid. I was working with an outdated NAM when I thought I had the latest one. I downloaded the NAM for the first time last month (I just recently started playing SC4 again) before I knew anything about the June 21st update. When I saw that there was an update, I checked the date of the NAM I had installed in the plugins folder and it read June 21st, and so I just assumed that I had by chance downloaded the most recent NAM version. But really I must have downloaded the NAM just hours before the latest update was released. Very weird, but at least now I have the pieces I was after. ;D

Thanks for the help, Andreas.