• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

Quote from: crotalusco on December 09, 2011, 10:20:12 PM
However I am still running into issues with zones recognizing "trams in avenues as roads."

I assume that you're talking about zones not wanting to face it? That's standard puzzle piece behaviour, zones just really don't want to face them, and that's a side-effect of them originally only intended to be used by the Maxis Highway. You can sometimes (If you're lucky) force them to face it by trying all the Ctrl, Alt and Shift zoning options. Ctrl makes it all one big zone, Alt is "Alternative Configration", generally 90° clockwise or to another neighbouring road, and Shift is "Zone without Streets" and sometimes makes it orient the right way.

Quote from: Wiimeiser on December 10, 2011, 04:00:14 PM
It's the fact that only El-Rail may have El-Rail paths lest they convert to something else, like how Monorail only permits monorail paths and rail allows car paths.

As far as I'm aware, it's only Monorail that exhibits that behaviour. All of the networks are actually completely identical, including Subway, with the exception of RHW, the two Maxis Highways, Avenue, Monorail, Power Lines and Pipes (First two being Highway, Maxis Highways and Avenue being dual-tile, Monorail being a spoilt brat, Power Lines having very specific functionality and Pipes accept no paths at all as well as having very specific functionality) and will accept anything. The names we attach to them are in fact completely cosmetic.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

crotalusco

I was not having issue with zones pointing at them. If i remember correctly it was when residential zones were pointing at them and not the streets inside I would get the no road access icon. I do admit though i was only playing around with them and did not fully test it all out. Yesterday I went with standard stand alone drag able glr with one way roads on both sides. That seemed to help but i ran into new issues with complex intersections.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE all the work everyone has done to expand this game. Just shows how amazing a simcity 5 could have been if they would have done one.

supremec

Hello NAM team,

I don't know if it has been posted, but I have a small problem with the "transport view" during region view.
All cities I built before I installed the NAM version 30, roads and streets are black as if it were highways &mmm. For cities I built after the NAM 30, the roads and streets are grey: alright.
Click on the banner to see my BATs

jdenm8

We changed the transport view in... NAM 29 I think it was, to allow RHW to appear. The remaining changes are largely cosmetic and are a side-effect of the way the game is now generating the transport view. Opening the city, opening the Transport graph I think it is, then saving the city will update the Transport View.

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Lowkee33

Hi Namites, think I found one for you.

Latest NAM installed, (I believe, installer modified on September 16, 2011), US cosmetic, SAM, RAM, RHW, NWM etc.

Sorry if this has already been brought up.

j-dub

How did you do that? I don't think that one is supposed to happen. What was built first, the rail or the avenue?

Lowkee33

Avenue first, and that is the only way to do it.  This breaks the avenue paths as well.

GDO29Anagram

That's been around for a lot longer than you think. Even just placing a single rail tile will get that to happen.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Augmentationist

So, I'm guessing that my flex spui should not be doing this, any idea on how to correct this?

MandelSoft

The current setup doesn't allow the use of the turning lanes. Turn the decks around or use the on-slope TULEP transistion (with proper slopes of-course)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

This is simply the case of the missing link piece. I noticed that this particular question about the left turn lane to RHW keeps on reoccuring one way or another. Would there be another way to resolve this? If I was able to get the time to install SC4D, I would of loved to come up with some resolution to demo for others, but alas RL. I'm not going to ask, but I am suspecting there is one if not two more pieces people thought were possible but are not at the moment. I think people thought to look for an even-grade El-Tulep transition, I also suspect there was thought by on-lookers when the change was made for the repavement and removal of cement in the center, it almost looked like a resemblance to the TLA, but that simply is not what it means.

Basically unless that happens, its ONLY the on-slope TuLEP transition for that to happen, period.

positivecontrol

I have a weird problem and I wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

After I installed the NAM, the RCI demand indicator tanked for everything but R$, C$, and agriculture.

- This happened with every city in my previously existing region.  When I start a new city, the demand is normal for a new city (everything slightly positive), but as soon as I build a neighbor connection, the RCI demand graph tanks as described.

- When I start a new region, I do not have the problem.

- I tried running the simulation for a few years to see if it would adjust, but that did not help.

- I tried uninstalling the NAM, and that did not help.

- I am running SC4 Rush Hour on a PC with Vista 32 bit, and no other addons, mods, or plugins.  I also tried it on my new PC with Windows 7 64 bit, and the problem remains.

So I am happy that I can apparently start new regions and continue to play the game, but I would love to rescue the old region I have built for years.  Any ideas?

Thank you!

Wiimeiser

I have almost exactly the same problem, though only I-D has negative demand and it doesn't happen until I build industrial, and it happens in new regions as well.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

jdenm8

Grneyes

Since installing Nam 30 I am getting a lot of "unsuitable grade for building" errors on almost flat land. I don't have any slope mods installed and I wonder what is causing this with the new Nam. I am constantly flattening out land I don't want flattened.

jdenm8

It's because of how you're placing the Puzzle Pieces.
They lock the ground to that height, once they're placed, unless you demolish the piece, the ground they're on cannot be modified under any circumstances.

*almost* flat land for the most part isn't good enough. It needs to be flat.

Grneyes

I'm talking about just trying to lay basic roads, not puzzle pieces. It didn't happen with Nam 29.

j-dub

By laying basic roads, are you saying you draw the road down, but you get the red light in certain directions instead, prohibiting you from doing anything?

Grneyes

Quote from: j-dub on January 12, 2012, 10:40:57 AM
By laying basic roads, are you saying you draw the road down, but you get the red light in certain directions instead, prohibiting you from doing anything?

Correct. Even when it's in the middle of nowhere I'll get the error.