• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

A sampling of upcoming designs...

My latest, greatest and final attempt at a decent NYPD skin. I have finally perfected the blue color and the font of the "NYPD" text, which I could never get just right, until now.

Washington, DC

San Diego, CA

Arizona DPS Highway Patrol

San Francisco, CA (Includes SFPD star on top of the trunklid)

Los Angeles, CA (Yes I've made LAPD ones before, but I feel I need to have another one for my newer police car design.)

Estonia

Japan

And a few nonspecific designs.

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

nerdly_dood

It's been a while, but I've finally finished the pack of slicktop police cars.

It's on the STEX!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

OwlGreene

@Nerdly:  The Slicktop remix cars are pretty cool.  Very cool.  Any way some of them could be released with all blue flashing lights?

nerdly_dood

It's pretty simple to do yourself. (It looks complicated below, but it's really not ... right?) First you'll need Ilive's Reader program, available here [requires separate LEX registration if you haven't already]. Install the Reader, and start it up. Click File > Open... and use the mini-browser to find where you have saved the police cars. Open the design you'd like to use.

In the center you'll find a bunch of SimCity computerspeak. You only need a very small part of it. On the top, each column is headed by a name - you need to look at the Entry column on the far left, and the Instance column on the right. Whether you're modifying a Replacement or Additional, you will need to pick a "S3D File" from the Entry column. If it's a Replacement, the "Instance" number will be 10643000.  If it's an Additional, the "Instance" number will be E44100_3 - the second-to-last digit will be different depending on which design you're using.

Once you've found the proper "S3D File", double click it. On the top right, a number of tabs will appear. Second from the left should be the "Mats" tab. In the table below that, there are more hex codes. To change the color of a flashing light, click the far left cell with a number in it, then right click it to bring up a menu, and from that menu select Set TextureDo not change item 2 on this list. If you do, strange things will happen, but your game and data will not be harmed. You do not need to change the Name, but you can if you absolutely must - it won't change anything important. To change a light to be red, change the Instance to 0x10690002. To change a light to be blue, change the Instance to 108C0002. Yes, that is the letter C - it is not case-sensitive. When you have changed the Instance, click OK. Repeat until the Material IDs - the righthand column in this table - are 0x108c0002 for items 0, 1, 3 and 4, to make all flashing lights blue. Select Apply at the top of the right-hand sidebar, and then select File > Save As... and save the file, preferably with the same name, in your SimCity plugins folder.

That's about it. You can also change the lights to flash white, amber, yellow, or green, but generally those colors aren't used.

OwlGreene

WOWZERS!!!!!!   Thanks!!!!!!!   What are the "instances" for the other colors you listed?  I'd like to experiment!

nerdly_dood

Glad you like the changes.

Other colors are used in a dependency file here, Swamper77's Automata Essentials. Install that in your Plugins folder first.

The instances for the colors are as follows:
Amber: 0xC235001A
Green: 0xC235001B
White: 0xC235001C

There is also a yellow texture, but yellow isn't used, like, at all, so you probably won't need it. Amber is used quite often, so it's a much better choice. I'd like to be able to have these slicktop police cars use different colors in front than in back, which would make amber more useful, but it's simply not feasible with the current lighting setup at this point, so whatever amber lights are in back will also be in front.

Destis5445

Wow, nice vehicles, these for sure will be in my City Journal  :thumbsup:
Check out my CJ on the city of South City - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10808.0

Add me on facebook ;) - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000801844244&v=info#!/profile.php?id=100000801844244&v=wall

You shouldn't be dismayed if the person who loved you left you for someone else for that person lost the only real friend who wouldnt give up on them :)

jaatt

Excellent work Nerdly, anyway to put flashers on the front of the vehicles in the grill?

sim_vern

Quote from: nerdly_dood on April 26, 2010, 01:16:09 PM
It's been a while, but I've finally finished the pack of slicktop police cars.

It's on the STEX!

I totally enjoy your slix remix.  Would it be possible to make some slicks out of Simfanatik's USA Police Pack Vol. 2?  These are modeled after the new Chargers.  It would be great to see these as slicks!  Thanks for all your work! Much appreciated.

RebaLynnTS

Hi nerdly, my friend, LTNS :)

Doing great work as always.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Une_ame

Have you count how many different cruisers you made for the community ? I think, it must not be far from 100 :o!!!!!

Thank you for your good work :thumbsup:.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Une_ame on June 10, 2010, 02:58:01 PM
Have you count how many different cruisers you made for the community ? I think, it must not be far from 100 :o!!!!!

Thank you for your good work :thumbsup:.

Actually I think it actually is kinda far from 100 - i think the number is going to be approaching 500 with future releases. (that's countng individual mod files, not paint schemes)

My life has been rather chaotic lately, with my house being renovated around the last week of May,and after that i never unpacked my computer. I graduated from hgh school yesterday, and today I moved to live with my uncle outside Washington for the summer - I will soon begin work at a summer job for the Social Security Administration on 6/21. And around the end of August i'll quit the job, get my car working, and begin study at George Mason University, somewhat farther outside Washington. But I'm sure I'll find time to work on more cop car mods.

OwlGreene

@Nerdly:  Congrats on the HS graduation, and good luck in college!  I'm up in Baltimore, and it's nice to hear that people in the region are playing SC4!

Une_ame

Yeah, I was happy too since I used to live in Arlington (VA.) before moving to France.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Stratovarius

sorry for digging up this topic  :-[ but you're still accepting requests ?

I would request a cruiser of São Paulo Police Department  (Brazil)

but with those lights:

keepmada

After all the hype about the Michigan State Police car in the "Police Car MegaPack 5" Readme, the actual file (55.dat) is missing from the download posted on the STEX :(  I'm hoping, by some miracle, you'll get this post because your cars are the BEST!!  It sounds like you put a lot of effort in to that car.  It'd be a shame if nobody ever got to enjoy it!  Please respond!