• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

4 Unlimited Cities - Mod

Started by Tolsome, August 28, 2007, 03:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolsome

hi guys  :)
What you think, what thing do you missed in SimCity? Personally, I think we took a Game from 2003 into 2008. We have so much great Mods and other AddOns, like the NAM, the RHW, new "Street Looks", new Trains, new Cars, new Highways, new from all, so tarrific things, that this old SimCity can be a game from 2008. But one thing I missed very much, that is a new Design(!) for SimCity. The Standarddesign is very old and boring and have nothing to do with a game from 2008, what this game, I really think now, with this beatifull mods, and the most of it is from you guys here.

So that is what is want to do now for you! A new spezial Design! But that is not all, I create a new start for the game, too.
<a href="http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=konzeptsimcitystartyt9.png" target="_blank">" border="0</a>
[ for problems with the link, take this link here: http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=konzeptsimcitystartyt9.png ]

Why this new start?
because....
- You must not more to go to all pages! Only one click and you habe all information that you want and that you need. Only one click!

- Download Center direct in the new start. One click and you have the building that you want, only ONE Download Center for alle pages!*

- Programme can easy closed, after looking at the news, etc. One cklick open, one click closed. No terrible extrem loading for SimCity.

- All news, from alle famous site in one programme, bevour you starting SimCity!!!

- The programm is in German and in Englisch language!

I hope you like it. And say me please, what can I do better!  ;)
Sorry, when my Englisch is not so good!

*only an idea, not in the betaversion 1.

jeronij

This sounds like an interesting idea   :thumbsup: . I am sure many members will have some suggestions and ideas about it  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mightygoose

so effectively its like an sc4 client... that lets you run say the BSC LEX downloader from within sc4, however im not entirely sure that i possible as the game preloads the plugins on startup. but it would be interesting to find out what is possible with this idea...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dragonshardz

figui

sounds interesting, although as mightygoose said, i thought the plugins were loaded when you start the game..
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

flame1396

Seems interesting. I think a new UI could be done too.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Orange Julius

So, is this like a way of getting SimCity feeds easily or a new SimCity UI?
Gone now...

Tolsome

No, hehe. Only a new nice design for SimCity :)

freedo50

Do you have any more pictures to show us this in more detail Tolsome? I find the idea very interesting and I would like to know more about the program and what it does.

Thanks,
Fred

Tolsome

UPDATE

Yes, it was a long time, but here is now a update for you. :)

Pat

that looks sweet... so how would the UI be changed???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Shadow Assassin

Well, Pat, within the SC4 files is a collection of files that control how the UI looks. If he edits them, he is then able to show quite a different SC4 UI (since the components are basically just .png files).

SimMars actually did the exact same thing. It can be done here too, provided one knows what they're doing with the UI files.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Mulefisk

This is really cool! Maybe you could show us how you are going to do this, Tholsome.

I'm intrested in doing something like that myself.

Tolsome

The graphics?

Graphics with Photoshop CS3  :)
I can make a little tutorial, when you want?! :)

Mulefisk

Sure! After you have made the graphichs, how do you get them into Sim City?

Duvad

Awesome. Can't wait till it is done.

Starmanw402007

With this possible new modd, will we be able to Create a New City from scratch; for our created region? After we have built our 1st main city?

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

SimsReporter

This is gonna be sweet....cant wait to download  :satisfied:

-SimsReporter
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

Tolsome

hi  :),
I hope someone have knowledge about AIR, C++ or C or what else of this kind. I need someone with good experience, because I want to make a new start interface.
Following included:
- SC4 StartUp Manager intigrated in the interface.
- Options (graphic, sound, etc.)

and the best of it:
- a window for news around the scworld.
- a intigrated download center OR (when it is to much) a news site, -> what is new on the LEX, click here for download this, etc....
- something that you can change the design (my new design, the mars design, maxis design, etc.)