• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson711

Hey mate, I'm a big fan of your work.

I have 4 requests for vehicles. These are 2 police, 1 ambulance, and 1 fire truck. (I've tried this once, and I lost it all. I'll break it up into 2 posts)

1. Queensland Police (General Duties) Car
Pictures:
Front: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29272404@N04/3155235189/
Side: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29272404@N04/3156067550/
Rear: http://www.flickr.com/photos/29272404@N04/3156072658/
2. Queensland Police (Traffic Branch) Car
Pictures:
Front/Side: http://www.flickr.com/photos/loloieg/3492591457/
Side/Back: http://www.flickr.com/photos/special-fx/3702855164/ (Note: This is not a highway patrol car, as stated by the title. This is a standard traffic branch vehicle)

Jackson711

3. Queensland (QAS) Ambulance
Pictures:
Front/Side: http://www.abc.net.au/reslib/200801/r215655_838072.jpg
Side/Back: http://image69.webshots.com/169/0/13/55/2956013550101388282xcPoiK_ph.jpg
4. Queensland (QFRS) Fire Truck
Pictures:
http://www.emergency.qld.gov.au/downloads/MVC-371F.JPG
Better view of the front (Same cab design, but different truck): http://viewnews.com.au/bm/bm.pix/firetruck.s800x800.jpg

If you could make these, you'd be a legend!  ;D
Cheers mate.

nerdly_dood

The white police cars are in the final stages before being exported to an in-game format. all will be available with red, red/blue, or blue lights; the light colors shown below are what I personally prefer for each one.

Some designs come with various color options, others don't.

Comments, suggestions, requests etc always welcome!

Type 1

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4

Type 5

Type 6

Type 7 (The lightbar textures have been adjusted somewhat, but not substantially)

Type 8

Type 9

Type 10

Type 11

Type 12
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

nerdly_dood

And now for the German ones.

Cars:
Type 1

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4 (I've now added a clear beacon to the top of the lightbar on this one, but couldn't be bothered to get an image)

Type 5

Type 6

Type 7

Type 8

Vans:
Type 1

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4

Type 5

Type 6 (At some point I got the idea that some German riot-response police vans are entirely green...)

Type 7

And last but not least, I figured I'd try something entirely new, which I do intend to put in-game, now that I've finalized the design.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Une_ame

The last one is a very good idea $%Grinno$%!!!!!

The only thing is that it's gonna look kinda weird to see all those cop cars parked in the police station lot with the same impact at the same place :D!!!!!!

:thumbsup:
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Une_ame on August 29, 2009, 01:03:26 AMThe only thing is that it's gonna look kinda weird to see all those cop cars parked in the police station lot with the same impact at the same place :D!!!!!!

It won't replace all the cop cars, it's going to be mixed in with a lot more that are in good condition. But of course, cars that are in good condition aren't much fun, though... At least not until I get ahold of them.  ()flamdev()

Une_ame

nerdly_dood

I can't say I do, but I can certainly show a few more "roflcops"

Click image for how I got this one:

"Threatening and Intimidating since 2008"

"To Threaten and Intimidate"

carkid1998

I like the last one! And also the 5th one!

Also, how about adding more damaged cars?(Doors or bumpers missing, 

Just ideas for more wrecked cars!

Ryan:thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

Gwail

The upcoming police pack is really impressed, I like the V-lights! It could be good to make the "roflcars" with the new LUA script, apart from the original one, I guess so.

Beside, don't you think it would be fine to refine the original Maxis' van model? It's so ugly... :).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

nerdly_dood

As far as developments go, I've completed the white police car set and the German police car set - all i have to do now is get an in-game image of each, then package them up and to the STEX they go. (And maybe as a candidate release for the LEX...? No guarantees.)

As a matter of fact, I've done quite a bit of modification of Maxis' van - its longer, its got a much better texture, and its got a new set of lights. Keep in mind, though, that SimCity can only show so much detail on automata at normal zoom levels, because SimCity was not designed for a first-person, street-level view of the city.

Comparing my modified van model with the Maxis model (For some reason, when i exported Maxis' texture i got an all-opaque one, idk why...)

Breaking News

Announcing the latest and greatest in SimStrobe technology, with blindingly strobey and blinky police car lights, so that your dumb Sim drivers will swerve and crash into some innocent telephone pole when they see a police car on an urgent mission, rather than just driving straight into the police car, cause we all know you don't want that. Download below!

In plain english: It's a new police car, with a strobe light bar based on the Whelen Edge series, with a brand new, fully functional flashing light effect that I can modify to also flash like newer LED lightbars, which I happen to loathe with all my heart. The next police car release will include a car with the same design as this one, but with a different light style; some others will include strobe lights instead.

Pat

Nerdly I think I love you man!!!!!!!!!! you make my heart sing with great joys!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheheeh OK all kidding aside here great job on the light rigs and thank you for bringing in strobes and LED's!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

cpast

When will your creations be released?

nerdly_dood

The next two packs are complete, and just need in-game images, and then I can package them up properly and upload them to the STEX.

cpast

I think I asked you this, but can you do helicopters?

nerdly_dood

I don't know nearly as much about aircraft as I know about road vehicles. I'd like to do some, but it's just outside of my skill set.

Here (<<click) is a link to Ja/Att's STEX files. He's done quite a few road vehicle skins, as well as news, police and medic helicopter skins, and fire plane skins as well.

nerdly_dood

All i need now is to make a readme, then i can pack it up and send it to whichever exchanges i feel like.

And now I have a name for this police car model:

These cars are numbered by design, and all are available with red, blue, or red and blue lights, with a few exceptions which will be noted in due time. Each design has a standard light color which I think looks best, but if you don't like it you can choose different light colors or a different design.

This release will include only white police and sheriff cars.

Type 1

Type 2

Type 3

Type 4A
- Blue stripes, police version

Type 4B - Blue stripes, sheriff version

Type 4C - Gold stripes, police version

Type 4D - Gold stripes, sheriff version

Type 5A - Police version

Type 5B - Sheriff version

Type 6

Type 6I
- The same design as type 6, but with inverted colors

Type 7A - Police version

Type 7B - Sheriff version

Type 8A - Blue/gold stripes

Type 8B - Black/silver stripes

Type 8C - Red stripes

Type 9 - Simple and cheap for lower-budget rural police departments

Type 10

Type 11

Type 12

Type 13

Type 14

Type 15

Type 16
- Only single-color lights available since it's got just a single bubble light

Type 17

Type 18A
- Police version

Type 18B - Sheriff version

Type 19 - The side says "The Police" because you don't say "Call police!" - you say "Call the police!"
"Threatening and intimidating since 2008"

Type 20 - This design is designed for the most available stripe color options, so there are 11 total versions.
Here are what the stripe color options are:
Police | 20A - Blue/blue | 20B - Blue/gold | 20C - Blue/red | 20D - Gold/gold | 20E - Red/red

Sheriff | 20F - Blue/blue | 20G - Blue/gold | 20H - Blue/red | 20I - Gold/gold | 20J - Green/gold | 20K - Red/red

Type 21 - Available with blue/white, red/white, or red/white/blue lights.*

Type 22 - Available with blue/amber, red/amber, or red/blue lights.*

Type 23 - Available with blue/white, red/white, or red/blue lights.*

Type 24

* Requires Swamper77's Automata Essentials, available from the LEX. A link will be given at the ST download page, and in the readme.

Une_ame

The last one is quite amazing :thumbsup:, which Police Dept is this paint job coming from ?

nerdly_dood

None of these designs are directly based on any particular police department's design. The last one is vaguely intended to appeal to European users, but it can fit in just fine in any setting.

A few minor modifications to note:

- Type 10 and Type 12 have had "POLICE" text added to the hood, since they're intended to vaguely resemble British police cars: British police cars have hood text quite often; on American police cars it's very rare.

- Type 22 has had hood text added, and the stripe along the side has been improved

- Type 23 now has red/blue lights standard. Red/white lights are still an option.

nerdly_dood

Polie Cars 3G: Volume I

On the STEX!

^^ that's a link