• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

nerdly_dood

It's been awhile, but I actually HAVE been working on my car projects.

Next in line is a pack of slicktop police cars - mostly unmarked, and a few marked ones - and a pack of German ones. (Still have a few modeling kinks to work out, that's all that's holding up the German ones) - as for Glenni's Norwegian police models... they won't be too hard to finish up, but sadly for Glenni, they'll be awhile.

Oh yeah, and a pack of Federal Police cars based on the design of various United States federal agencies. The Federal Police agency I'm creating the design for will include a Dead Serious Division for routine patrols, a Mechanized Cavalry division for high-speed pursuits and whatnot, a Friendly PR division for ... well, PR... a Merciless Attack division for their SWAT team, and a Scavenger Division for their CSI work.

You may recognize some of these designs as being remarkably similar to some I posted on previous pages but never released. They're coming.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Gwail

It's coming out pretty nicely, nerdly  :thumbsup:. I do hope to spare some free time to test the things we were talking about lately.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

Jonathan

They all look excellent, :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
(I'm wondering what they would look like with HD textures (presuming they can be HDed?))

nerdly_dood

Actually they are all HD, and they have been since Mega-Pack 4 was released a while back. (Most of those vehicles use 256x256 but some used older 128x128 textures.) The textures are all 256x256, with the exception of the lightbar, which is 128x128 because it simply doesn't require any more detail.

In fact, they've all been HD since before people realized that HD textures could be used... I just doubled the size of the texture to add more detail, and I liked the result - it was only later that more people realized the power of HD.

The textures may look blocky in these closeup images, but this isn't GTA, this is SimCity - you just can't see that level of detail in-game, even at Zoom 6.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

nerdly_dood

BEHOLD!

Une_ame

Nice cruiser and paintjob Nerdly, always a pleasure to see what you've done. Too bad SC4 allow only one type...

MandelSoft

May I ask why these cop cars have no light bar?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

nerdly_dood

Quote from: mrtnrln on February 09, 2010, 01:44:55 AM
May I ask why these cop cars have no light bar?

Some American police cars have lights inside - usually inside the top of the front windshield, inside the grille, and on the rear deck. The vast majority of police cars using this setup are unmarked, and as you can see above there's only a small selection of marked vehicles. This setup allows plenty of visibility without requiring a cop inside to stick on a magnetic roof light, which can be a distraction at the worst of times.

Quote from: Une_ame on February 08, 2010, 10:15:08 PM
Nice cruiser and paintjob Nerdly, always a pleasure to see what you've done. Too bad SC4 allow only one type...

Take a look at the bottom right of the second image. ;)

Une_ame

So, if I put two of your cop cars in my plugin, I will have the choice ?????

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Une_ame on February 09, 2010, 12:04:21 PM
So, if I put two of your cop cars in my plugin, I will have the choice ?????

You could use any number of them. They are all available as replacements and additionals - the addidionals will show up randomly, with an even mix of however many designs you have installed - so if you have four additional mods and one replacement mod that looks the same as one of the additionals, that one will appear 40% of the time and the other three designs will each appear 20% of the time. Or you could have one additional and one replacement mod, and both would appear 50% of the time a cop car shows up.

Replacements can only be used one at a time, but I've fixed the additionals so that they don't conflict with each other, so you can use any or all of them at once.

nekseb

Hi Nerdly,
your work is really great!  &apls

By the way - is it possible to make your props into ploppable props? (and if, how)

Because I search for an x-tra Police Car(s) - in german we name it "Bereitschaftspolizei" to plopp them on special lot's at my airport.
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

nerdly_dood

I don't know anything about turning props to ploppable props except that it's supposedly very difficult, and I do know that Dedgren can do it but he's caught up in his RealRoads stuff right now. So ploppable props are not likely to be available soon.

As for your "Bereitschaftspolizei", which Google Translate tells me is German for "riot police" - I am currently working on a set of German police vehicles, including a set of police vans. Two of the van designs will have a reasonable approximation of the standard German riot-police livery - one with wire covers protecting the windows and headlights, and one without them. If requested, I will create prop versions of the police vans, as they are not initially available as props like the police cars are, and that will be a separate release.

nekseb

That would be great, if you release them also as props!  :thumbsup:

Meanwhile I have found a Tutorial here at SC4D how to make automatas into props. If I have time (who has time..) I try this and show you the results.

Thanks!
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Ryan B.

Quote from: nerdly_dood on February 09, 2010, 08:14:15 AM
Some American police cars have lights inside - usually inside the top of the front windshield, inside the grille, and on the rear deck. The vast majority of police cars using this setup are unmarked, and as you can see above there's only a small selection of marked vehicles. This setup allows plenty of visibility without requiring a cop inside to stick on a magnetic roof light, which can be a distraction at the worst of times.

Take a look at the bottom right of the second image. ;)

Here's a RL look at the "hideaway" flashers:

A Subaru Legacy?  Really?  Wow.

Haljackey

Dood!  You're still chugging out cop cars eh?  Keep it up!

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Ryan B. on February 12, 2010, 09:45:04 AM
Here's a RL look at the "hideaway" flashers

...And here's another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8WCi0yeco

The French Gendarmerie uses a Subaru Legacy quite a lot, as I understand.

Une_ame

Quote...And here's another.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8WCi0yeco

Nice christmas tree !!!

I was aware of the Gendarmerie Impreza WRX but the Legacy !! Are you sure ??

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Une_ame on February 12, 2010, 02:37:01 PMI was aware of the Gendarmerie Impreza WRX but the Legacy !! Are you sure ??

I'm not really sure at all, I just know they use some Subaru sports cars. ;D

Une_ame

This one is the Impreza WRX I was talking about, I don't think they have Legacys ;).