• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Quote from: j-dub on February 01, 2009, 03:11:31 PM
Mrtnrln, some turn lanes are planned for the RHW's future like road turning lanes. For now you can connect MIS to OWR and Avenues to do turning lanes. Its just the arrows won't be there. In real life they don't always put the arrows down, at least where I am.
That's not actually what I meant. What I mean is that automaticly accelleration/decelleration lanes appear before or after the RHW-exit/entrance ramps by RUL override, just like how the turning lanes appear on common roads in SC4.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

kj3400

Mrtnrln: I think you'll have to upgrade your RHW-4 into RHW-6 for accel-decell lanes, though if anyone knows another way, feel free to mention it.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

LE0

Will ther be more ramps that add or take away a lane when theres an exit for wider RHW's, like 6S, 8 and 10 planned?

Also a diagonal RHW4 to MIS splitter like this:

diagonal mis
                                 /
                                /
                               /_ _ _ orthogonal mis
                              //
                             //
                       diagonal rhw4
Leoland coming Spring 2009

MandelSoft

Quote from: kj3400 on February 02, 2009, 06:36:32 AM
Mrtnrln: I think you'll have to upgrade your RHW-4 into RHW-6 for accel-decell lanes, though if anyone knows another way, feel free to mention it.

Yeah, I know, but I meant it for all variants of the RHW.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

j-dub

I think the request here refers to RHW10 to RHW8 exit only, and RHW8 to RHW6 exit only. We already have RHW4 to MIS exit only, and RHW6 to RHW4 as everyone already knows. I can see the other RHW6 to RHW4 having that type of ramp added, these are all good. Those thoughts of concept are obvious, but personally I think its the NWM's turn to have stuff done for it, as RHW 3.0 just did come out.

metarvo

When I was playing around with SC4 earlier, I discovered a way to build diagonal Elevated RHW-4 overpasses [linkie].  I realize there are no diagonal Elevated RHW-4 ramps yet, but it's better than nothing, and it is functional.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

vinlabsc3k

I concord with j-dub, it's only a matter of time, but at the end of the century the RHW will complete :P.

@ metarvo: how do u make the SAM diagonal?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

Andreas

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on February 02, 2009, 11:04:02 PM
@ metarvo: how do u make the SAM diagonal?

You can use the diagonal street helper puzzle pieces. Of course they initially show the grey street texture, but if your drag a SAM street on them, it will convert the grey into the SAM texture. :) Also, if I'm not mistaken, if you extend a straight SAM street with them, they will convert into the SAM texture as well.
Andreas

deathtopumpkins

Elaborating on what metarvo said, this workaround also has its orthagonal uses.  ;) I've found that you can use the avenue or OWR pieces to have El-RHW cross over networks that currently do not support draggable El-RHW crossings, such as HSRP or even the wider RHWs. I recently used OWR pieces to have an RHW-4 cross an RHW-6C. This also requires less work than metarvo's diagonal use. A tutorial's not really necessary for ortho uses though.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

gn_leugim

lovely euro textures there :p (the dark ones) the grey one looks good too, but not my type :p

Patricius Maximus

I just found this overpass in Florida, and it looks a lot like the MIS overpasses and on-slope pieces:

Just wanted to point it out.

j-dub

I may be mistaken, but that looks like one of the Disney World highways. I know there was a highway through there with ramps and everything, but can't remember if this was the one in the park or not. All I know is they made you go round in a circle too much.

SimsReporter

One question Tarkus, great job on the new RHW by the way. Are there going to be smooth curves for the Elevated RHW since there was for the Ground RHW?
Come visit My (SLR) Project Thread. Located in the Nam Creations Forum.

SusanMarie1956

Found another glitch. This one comes from the starter pieces. As you can see, if you use just plain ole parks, it generates a strip of pavement pointing in the wrong direction.  I can easily fix this by removing the starter piece, but I just wanted to show you.
-Susan Marie

chrisnhl

Hi! I have a few questions about neighborhood connections for every type of RHW?  I was wondering what the drawpaths are supposed to look like when there is a connection established, also can the mis or any of the elevated systems have a connection?  I think it would be a great idea to make a tutorial on how connections work with some pictures.  Anyways, my whole region is built around my RHW freeway system and I have alot of neighborhood connections and Im worried my citizens wont be able to get to work.  Thanks so much to anyone who can help and thanks to Tarkus for doing such a great job with this project!!
Chris

Haljackey

Quote from: SimsReporter on February 03, 2009, 03:44:30 PM
One question Tarkus, great job on the new RHW by the way. Are there going to be smooth curves for the Elevated RHW since there was for the Ground RHW?

Of course there will be!  All these puzzle pieces take time to make however, so you may have to wait a bit before we see El-RHW smooth curves.

Quote from: SusanMarie1956 on February 03, 2009, 04:58:02 PM
Found another glitch. This one comes from the starter pieces. As you can see, if you use just plain ole parks, it generates a strip of pavement pointing in the wrong direction.  I can easily fix this by removing the starter piece, but I just wanted to show you.

Well this is nothing new.  If you used Shadow_Assassin's Euro texture mod for RHW 2.0 (or DTP's American version based off that), some textural glitches would appear next to puzzle pieces.

In this case however, you don't even need the starter piece, opposed to it appearing near ramp pieces as it did earlier, so you can easily delete it.

Quote from: chrisnhl on February 03, 2009, 07:11:23 PM
I was wondering what the drawpaths are supposed to look like when there is a connection established, also can the mis or any of the elevated systems have a connection?  I think it would be a great idea to make a tutorial on how connections work with some pictures.

Well the readme contains the necessary information about making connections work.  I'm not sure about the drawpaths, but as long as you see a path heading off the tile it should work.  Again, consult the readme for more information.

Hope that helps!

Best,
-Haljackey

chrisnhl

Ya I looked at the Readme and Im a self proclaimed pro at using the RHW, Im just very uncertain about my connection and visuals are really nice to have.  I also have mis connections and I am not sure if they work either.

LE0

Any development pics? :)

The problem was not the development pictures, it was when alex started teasing about release dates that the thread got wild and impatient.
Leoland coming Spring 2009

metarvo

Although I have no idea if we'll see any development pics or not, I do know that Alex promised a reduction in teasing, not a total cancellation.  So, I wouldn't rule out development pics entirely, even though I wouldn't count on them, either.  As far as release dates go, Alex said something about future RHW releases being closer together.  Personally, my prediction is that we will see a NWM release before we see another RHW release, since the NWM was on the back burner while RHW 3.0 was being developed, but it's ultimately up to Alex.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.