• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBSimio

Congratulations yet again, Dustin!   &apls

I actually had no idea that I was one of the top boards until you posted your screen shots... but since I am, I feel the need to welcome you to a rather exclusive club!  :D  You've done so extremely well here that I don't even know what to say anymore.  Neither rain, nor hail, nor dents on the grill can keep you (or me) away from Marathon Island so I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty more of each other!

Until then, I'm looking forward to the latest square you have to offer!

JB

Edit:  Well... I guess I'll welcome us all to PAGE 79 too while I'm at it...  :thumbsup:

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

carkid1998

Congratulations! Both on being elected for the hall of fame and having a top ten thread!

I've miss a lot of updates but they were all excellent! :thumbsup:
Sendona... Coming soon!

Simpson

%BUd%    Congratulations for this HOF award. You deserve it, my friend!!    %BUd%

Also, congrats for Marathon, who has become one of the 10 topics in SC4D by replies.
Also the last picture is incredible Dustin!! You did an excellent work on the LE, maybe some peolpe could be ad.

Take care,

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

MandelSoft

Congratulations to the Marathon, for making it in the Hall of Fame!  &apls

I also had a thunderstorm last night. Didn't sleep well. We had no electricity failure, but we did have a leaking roof. And since my bedroom is right under the roof... you get the point. Fortunatly I didn't get wet.

But back on topic: let us show your stunning LE stuff in your next update of the Commonwealth of Marathon! With a place in the Hall of Fame, this MD will be one that can last forever.

Best,
Maarten 
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Earth quake

congrulation for this HOF award.  :thumbsup:

Excellent teaser, I really love this bat ( by debussy, no ?) and, I hope like this lotting. $%Grinno$%
Go on this wonderful work
PS: sorry not to have posted since for a long time. ^^

Vivien.

art128

Nice choice of textures in that lot Dustin, these two fit perfectly together well !
Also, congrats on upping in the top 1O of topics in SC4D my friend !
Looking forward to more.

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

thundercrack83

darraghf: Ha! Thanks so much, my friend. The milestones are piling up around here. I'm starting to get embarrassed! Take care!

Adam (Ennedi): Hi, Adam! You're right about spending time with the girlfriend, too...we cleaned the kitchen. What a way to spend time together, right? Thank you for your kind words, my friend, and I hope to see you here again soon!

Corey (Nexis4Jersey): Thanks, Corey!

bat: Thanks so much, my friend!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thanks again, Alex!

Luke (Luke09): Thank you, Luke!

Joe (JoeST): Hey, Joe! Thanks so much! And I'm so happy that Marathon has served as an inspiration for you. Take care, my friend!

Joan (Jmouse): Hi, Joan! Where we'll go from here...your guess is as good as mine, my friend! But you'll be the first to know when we get there! Thanks for stopping in, Joan!

Battlecat: Thank you, my friend!

danielcote: Thanks!

Pat: Thanks, Pat!

Jon (JBSimio): Thanks for the warm welcome to the club, Jon! To be mentioned anywhere with wonderful work such as yours is just amazing for me! And thank you for your very kind words, too. Take care, my friend!

carkid1998: Thanks so much, my friend! Hope to see you again soon!

David (Simpson): Thank you very much for your congratulations, David, and for your wonderful comments!

Maarten (mrtnrln): Hi, Maarten! Thank you for your congratulations, my friend, and I'm sorry to hear that you were having thunderstorms, too. It's raining again here right now, but no thunder or lightning, which is good for the electricity! Take care!

Vivien (Earth quake): Bonjour! So glad to see you again, my friend! Thank you for your kind words, and I hope to see your around again!

Arthur (art128): Thanks so much, Arthur!

We're gettin' there...

Just have to...

...fill in these triangular sections and this end is finished! There's still a lot that needs to be done, though.

In a bit!

KoV Liberty

Maybe a park?  ??? I have no idea! It is all up to you!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

metarvo

The time you have spent on this area has produced results that are both realistic and aesthetically pleasing.  This is one reason why you have both a Top 10 Topic and a HoF MD, Dustin.  Keep up the good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kimcar

Oh i miss a couple of great lotting work that you have done.I really like all but the last one is very nice  &apls &apls I like the design that you have done with the floor. :thumbsup: I guess i`m gonna give you my lot to do ;D

Luke09

you're getting better on lotting dustin,i really like your...hum..."filler lots".It would be nice if Around that area,be the CBD of the island(that Square is on the island right?)
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

Jmouse

That's quite a "town square," Dustin. Looks like centuries of work went into it and it has turned out well. You'll have to go a long ways to top this!  :D

Later...
Joan

bat

Great work on that building! It looks wonderful, Dustin!

darraghf

You surely are getting there. I can'tr wait to see the finished product.

I think a park or a plaza would be nice there. They should be symmetical, like the rest of the area, i think.

Al the best,
-Darra (Darraghflah)
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

nrmn67

Very nice. I like it. Maybe just cut the trees in front of the entrance to the opera, they obscure the magnificent entrance.

Earth quake

Wonderfull Update Dustin, I really like your perfect lotting.  :thumbsup:

Vivien.

Battlecat

And lo, it does look fantastic with the completed details as well!  My personal inclination for those two triangular pieces left would be towards expanding the hard surface with a fair chunk of trees.  I'll be interested to see what your choice is! 

Pat

Dustin amazin!!!!! WOW I am soo still drooling btw I think I soo need a droool rag when I come in here lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Alex (Driftmaster07): Hi, Alex! A park, eh? Hmmm...

metarvo: Thank you so very much, my friend, for your kind words!

kimcar: Thanks, my friend!

Luke (Luke09): Thanks, Luke! And yes, this area is on the island. I haven't given much thought to the development around the square, but your idea is a great one! Thanks so much!

Joan (Jmouse): Hi, Joan! It's taken centuries of work, and there's probably a few more centuries left to go! Thank you so much for your support during the process, and for everywhere, my friend! Take care!

bat: Vielen Dank!

darraghf: Hello! Thank you for your suggestions, my friend! I think you're right on the money, too!

nrmn67: Thanks! I was thinking the same thing about the trees in front of the entrance. Perhaps we'll have to come up with something a bit different. Hope to see you again soon!

Vivien (Earth quake): Thank you, my friend!

Battlecat: Excellent idea, my friend! I was thinking something similar, too. Now, all I have to do is actually put it together! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Pat: Thanks, my friend! And don't worry about the drool rag, Marathon's got rubber floors! Take care!

UPDATE XXXIX
Birthday Wishes For a Great Friend
27 May 2009

Well, based on the amount of pictures, this may not qualify as a proper "update," but based on content, I could not think of a better reason to have an update!

Today is the birthday of one of Marathon's best friends, who also happens to be one of SC4D's newest Global Moderator, and a soon-to-be father of a brand new baby daughter. I speak, of course, of Robin (rooker1)...

You may be thinking, "What a strange subject for a birthday wish," but I know that Robin has a particular fondness for gritty and low-income areas, so I thought it would be a good fit!

Enjoy your day, Robin!

More from Marathon to come!

darraghf

Happy Birthday Robin and well done on that birthday present, Dustin. I'm sure he'll be pleased with it to say the least. :thumbsup:
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg