• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke09

Happy Birthday Robin and nice "mosaic"(I LOVE LOW-INCOME RESIDENCE PICS!!!THEY ARE BETTER THAN R$$$[joke])
Tu és
Time de tradição,raça,amor e paixão,
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

thundercrack83

darraghf: Thank you, my friend! I'm sure Robin will appreciate you kind birthday wishes!

Luke (Luke09): Thanks, Luke!

Well, in addition to all the time I've been in the LE lately, I've also been burning the midnight oil, working on the completion of another tile on Marathon Island. This time, it's Tile O, home to the Centennial Quay and the eponymous sports complex. While we still put on the finishing touches, here is...

...a map of the tile. I'm also putting the finishing touches on the format for these tile maps, too, so that's another thing to cross of the list, too.

Finally, I have a bit of project for all of you, my friends:

[tabular]
[row]
[data]With Marathon's election into the SC4D MD Hall of Fame (Thanks, again!), part of the induction includes choosing five images from the span of the MD to complement the induction of the MD, like has been done for the previous MDs inducted.

So! Since your input has been so crucial and instrumental to Marathon's success, I'd love to know what your choices for pictures to be displayed in the Hall of Fame would be. What's your favorite image? If you'd like to do so, feel free to scour through Marathon and let us know which one or ones you think should be displayed. Who knows? Maybe your favorite will be chosen!

Inductions are on June 1, so we have three more days! I'd love to hear your thoughts!
[/data]
[/row]
[/tabular]

More from Marathon on the way!

MandelSoft

Congratulations on completing Tile O! And also, happy birthday Robin! Nice 'brithday card' you made for him, Dustin.

I've made a selection of five pictures:
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

That's a great map! And also wonderful work on the "Birthday-Mosaic" there! :thumbsup:

Pat

Dustin by far my favorite represantation of Commonwealth of Marathon is............

OK So those are my three selection of pics!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Here are my five selections.  They cover various eras of Marathon's construction, displaying the variety and realism present in this wonderful MD.

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Luke09

Hey Dustin,Nice map,and here the pics...

Pic 1:

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

JBSimio

Great map, Dustin!   &apls

You want me to pick five pictures out of all the ones you've posted?!?   :o  Are you nuts?  How the oomph am I going to possibly do that?  :D

Alright... I can say for certain that the Jestarr Industrial Mosaic is one of my choices.  It's been picked a couple times already, so I won't show it again.  I'll have to get back to you with the other four though.  I guess I'll be up reliving history for the next couple hours... ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Maarten (mrntrln): Thank you so much for your suggestions, Maarten! I like what you chose!

darraghf: Thanks, my friend! Great choices!

bat: Thanks!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thank you, Alex!

Pat: Thanks for your help, my friend!

metarvo: Excellent suggestions, my friend! I love your thought process on it, too. I may have to steal borrow that! Thanks for stopping by and helping out!

Luke (Luke09): Thank you for your thoughts, Luke! I appreciate it very much!

Jon (JBSimio): Hey, Jon! Thanks so much! That mosaïc seems to be quite the favorite, though, to be honest, I'm not sure what the rule on putting mosaïcs in there is, actually. Who knows? Thanks so much for coming by, and I hope to see you again soon, my friend!

Wow! Thank you all for such great suggestions, I love all of them! We've got a few days left, so anyone else has any thoughts, the polls will stay open until June 1!

In the meantime, I headed back to the LE again...though this time, I traveled north, back to the Abitibi Square section...

I think this may be my favorite section of the island thus far. And don't fret, we'll get back to our cathedral square in no time! I just need to take a step back and get things straight in my head there!

Oh, and we're ten comments away from 1600, I believe! Did I mention you guys were the greatest?

In a bit!

tooheys

Hi Dustin, well done on entering the HOF  :thumbsup: Goodluck trying to narrow down the 5 pics though, all the ones nominated so far are great  ;)

Dave

KoV Liberty

8 more left! Also... CONGRATULATIONS!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

bat

Nice work on the LE there! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

And 7 left for 1600 replies! &apls &apls &apls
Also 3 days left for the HoF-Entry! &apls &apls &apls

JBSimio

Looks like the beginning of another great lot, Dustin!   :thumbsup:  Well, it took me a little longer than two hours... but I think I managed to come up with a few suggestions.  It was a nice trip down memory lane either way though.  ;)

I was wondering about mosaics myself... so if it turns out that they are indeed not allowed, I'd offer this as my alternate suggestion!  :D

Take care, my friend!
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Sheep49

Seems like I'm always in time for some fun... Congratulations my friend on CoM being inducted to the HoF! Boy is that deserved! I have to say that I hoped this MD would go there from the beginning, and it seems that it finally came true! Congratulations once again, Dustin. :thumbsup:

Now for the pics... Mhmm... OK, I think i got'em!

Nr 1:

This one... I don't know... reminds me of some mid-density office district you can find in (almost) any European or European-influenced city. The repetition seems to work here very well, and the SAM streets are a great touch. It also showcases how you always find a place for some green areas, in this example trees, along and between the road, which is I think one of my favourite features of Marathon. :)

Nr 2:

The custom looking here is simply awesome. Everything seems to be right in place, and looks well planned... And most of all, I can't get enough of this pic!

Nr 3:

The snow effect here is nice, adds that distinctive atmosphere to the pic. But what really caught my attention are those trains there! I don't know how did you get so many of them there, but it really works! Great work once again!

Nr 4:

Just as much as I love the European feel of the pic nr 1, I love this one. Here it feels like an US city, with that distinctive red-grey-white colours of the buildings and those two antennas which remind me of some I have seen on some pics of New York's Manhattan island. Plus, I like those red pavement textures with trees along the sunken avenue. :thumbsup:

Nr 5:

Now here, you just have showcased yourself as one of the masters of lotting! No matter how many times I see that pic I'm always impressed as... darn, no words can describe how I feel when looking at it! :D The great choice of textures, trees, and, of course, there are trains in the pic! I absolutely love this pic. &apls

Uh... finally! That was hard! The MD is so varieted that it's hard to choose the best things... they're all different! But well, variety is a thing that is logical if we're talking about a HoF MD :D

Keep up the great work, Dustin! Can't wait for the update ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Luke09

Hey Dustin,again nice pic,and what is that building?Is a mall?can you post where i can found it?
Tu és
Ó meu mengo...
Eu,sempre te amarei,
Onde estiver estarei
Ó meu mengo

woodb3kmaster

Luke09, that building is torremayor's Opera de Bastille, which is available on the LEX (link).

Congratulations, Dustin, on making it into the HoF! So many people have already suggested great pictures, I can't really choose between them all. If I had to choose, I'd go with a selection from metarvo and Luke09's choices. Those are really among the best of the best, IMHO.

Keep up the outstanding work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Pat

Dustin no problem my friend it was my pleasure!!! BTW liking the square there!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Dave (tooheys): Wow! Thanks so much, Dave!

Alex (Driftmaster07): Thanks, Alex!

bat: Thanks so much, my friend!

Jon (JBSimio): I like your picks, Jon, especially the last one! You got me with that one, my friend―I wasn't expecting that! Thanks for coming by!

Piotr (Sheep49): Hello, Piotr! Thank you so much for all your effort into choosing your favorite images, my friend! Your explanations are especially great. I like to hear how other folks interpret things, it gives me such a different perspective. Hope to see you again, soon!

Luke (Luke09): Thanks, Luke! Our friend Zack (woodb3kmaster) answered your question, but if you have any more, please feel free to ask!

Zack (woodb3kmaster): Hey, Zack! Good to see you again! Thank you for your wonderful comments and congratulations, and thanks even more for helping out our friend Luke (Luke09)! Take care, my friend!

Pat: Thanks!

More fantastic selections, I don't even know where to start! Thank you all for your input thus far, and if anyone has any more suggestions, we still have a bit of time!

Until then, we'll head back up to Abitibi Square again, where our latest addition has been completed!

Here's a few shots...

I'm not sure where to head next.

Continue here at Abitibi Square? Go back to the cathedral square? Start fresh elsewhere?

We'll end up where the wind takes us, I guess!

Oh, and...1599...

Until then!