• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Peroacia Region

Started by rhythmandjays, June 02, 2008, 04:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Well the war sounds like it finished up nicely. The life-term ambassador positions seem like an interesting way to maintain relations. I curious to know about the significance (symbolism and all) of the flag design, and I'll be waiting to see how development progresses.

jjune4991

well, it looks like history has turned for the better, and now we have this grand nation. but from my other comment, that pic of the bridge, where is it in real life?
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

rhythmandjays

threestooges: Very good comment and question.  ;D :thumbsup: At first, I didn't want to include that information, but here it is.  "$Deal"$

The Peroacia Flag contains three elements: the center logo, the light green, and the light blue.

Flag

The logo in the center of the flag represents the reason Peroacia was inhabited in the first place: Topaz. The topaz that was mined in Mount Topaz was a light blue type color shown below. The light green represents the plentiful land of the Peroacia Region, while the light blue represents the interesting water features in the region.

Topaz

The national emblem has much deeper symbolism.

National Emblem

The clockwise circular design on the emblem is a reflection of time. This design is a tribute to Peroacia's rich and diverse history.

The flame image is very important. The three "curved" bases represents the three nations apart of the Peroacia Confederation: Advin, Adnae, and the Arturo Republic. The four flames represent the four things that "kindled" the cultural spirit and the economic development of the region.

I. The Founders - This flame is the tallest and ends in the center because it was Pero Adney and Arturo Gavino that helped establish the region.

II. Fortitude - It was the fortitude of the first settlers, scientists, and engineers that made realized the full potential of agriculture and helped bring in the Industrial Revolution to the region. Everyday, the people deal with obstacles and adversity and continue to overcome it. That helped spur spiritual and economic growth.

III. Progress - It was the innovative thinking and applying 'out-of-the-box' ideas that made Peroacia a region unique to the world. Peroacia was the birth of the Industrial Revolution, the railroad, and modern city planning.

IV. Synergy - This flame is the shortest because it represents the young Confederation. But its teamwork and synergy will sure enable the Peroacia Confederation new peace and strength for the years to come.

The three "curved" base and the four flames are connected because those four things that helped create Peroacia are going to be the same things that project Peroacia and its three member nations into a healthy future.

jjune4991: Yep, long live the Confederation. The bridge is the Forth Railway Bridge located in Edinburgh, Scotland. Check linkie for details. I really appreciate your comment also.  ;D :thumbsup:

The game will officially begin!!!  &dance The MD Game Instructions will be moved to the first post for easy reference.  "$Deal"$

**that was your cue to read the guide if you haven't**  :P

This will be a pretty long introduction here and the next couple of updates are going to be picture-intensive, so I will try my best to show the smallest pictures without sacrificing detail. Every couple of updates, I will upload an Excel file to let y'all know your stats. If you want to keep track on your own stats, that is great, but you can use the file for reference. Both the Excel and MD Guide files will be moved and available to download in the first post.

Enjoy and please comment! :thumbsup:

rhythmandjays

First, we are going to introduce Falcon and Gavino. Since there aren't any airports in Peroacia, the military will have to fly us into the town of Falcon. So, welcome to Falcon.

I will be showing you some jobs and some properties for sale. We would love to have new neighbors in the friendly town of Falcon. The population here is 6,439. We are also home to the Peroacia Power Grid and the Military Academy. We have a thriving farm community where about 20% produce of Peroacia comes from this area. I hope you choose to join us.

Falcon (June 16, 2008)

Population: 6,439
Stress: .6+.6+.45+.8 = 2.45

Crime: 6 per month
Pollution:
Air- 6
Water- 450
Garbage: 8 thousand

F1 Single Home
Property: 1x1 $
Buildings - University (out-of-city)
Stress: .3

F2 White 2-floor Home
Property: 1x2 $
Buildings: University (out-of-city)
Stress: .8

F3 Two Single Homes
Property: 1x2 $
Buildings: University (out-of-city)
Stress: .2
Special Effect: This property can hold two people. If two people live at this     property, property cost is half price.

F4 Maxis Game Store
Wage: 5 SP
Requirements: 0 EQ, 3 HP
Stress: .1

F5 Burger World
Wage: 4 SP
Requirements: 0 EQ, 2 HP
Stress: .9
Special Effect: 16% chance to get a scholarship to any educational facility

F6 Pumpkin Farm
Wage: Depending on your crop. You can choose to produce fruits, grains,  vegetables, or organic crops.
Requirements: 0 EQ, 6 HP
Stress: 1
Special Effect: 20% chance that your crops fail. You can live on the farm, making any property costs zero.

F7 Military Academy
Wage: 2 SP
Requirements: 0 EQ, 8 HP
Stress: 1
Special Effect: 20% chance of promotion. When promoted, wage increases by 50%. 20% chance to gain 2 bonus EQ. 1.2 Bonus HP per update. After 5 updates, you must leave the Military Academy.

Now let's go on to Gavino. We will go on Hwy. 38 and take I-27 South and merge onto I-227.

Welcome to Gavino!! I am proud to tell you that Gavino is a rich place of cultural history. Gavino is the home place of Arturo Gavino, Rufino Tullio, and our current Chairwoman Avisa Dino. There  is much construction and development going on here, so there are many open properties and job opportunities.

Gavino (June 16, 2008)

Population: 3,000
Stress: .1+1+.014+.27 = 1.384

Crime: 1 per month
Pollution:
Air- 10
Water- 14
Garbage: 2.7 thousand

G1 Blue House
Property- 1x2 $
Buildings - Clinic
             Elementary School
             University (out-of-city)
Stress- .8

G2 Country Home
Property- 1x2 $$
Buildings- Clinic
            Elementary School
            University (out-of-city)
Stress- .6

G3 2-floor Brown House
Property- 1x2 $
Buildings- Clinic
            Elementary School
            University (out-of-city)
Stress- 1.2

G4 Brick-Walk Up
Property- 1x2 $
Buildings- Clinic
            Elementary School
            University (out-of-city)
Stress- 2
Special Effect: This property can hold two people. If two people live at this     property, property cost is half price.

G5 Department Stores
Wage: 12 SP
Requirements: 8 EQ, 4 HP,
Stress: .4

G6 School Teacher
Wage: 5 SP
Requirements: 11 EQ, 5 HP
Stress: .6
Special Effect: You gain a bonus 1.2 EQ per update.

G7 Insurance Building
Wage: 7 SP
Requirements: 11 EQ, 6 HP
Stress: .8
Special Effect: Total stress is reduced by 25%

G8 Construction Project
Wage: 9 SP
Requirements: 3 EQ, 8 HP
Stress: 2.1
Special Effect: Once the construction project is complete, this job ends.

Enjoy! Get your houses and jobs and please comment! :D

jjune4991

i guess i'll start it off! ok, so i guess i'll go for the blue house (G1) in Gavino. ummm...and i would like to have the job at...well, i guess i cant have a job can i? ok then. well i hope i did this correct, and oh! maybe i can go to school? ill go to the high school. yea...lets do this... &hlp

edit: whoops! i thought it said high school too! ok, the elementary school is fine!

rhythmandjays

@jjune4991: Yes, you have the G1 lot in Gavino, but remember you can only attend the education building whose radius covers your house. So far, there is only a elementary school and university that covers your house. The university is in Jariah City and the elementary school is shown in the picture. Choose wisely... :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're excited  &hlp &hlp

Simpson

Hello,
Very good new update my fiend, can't wait to see more  :-\
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Manny

Good update ! I like your CJ  ;) !

penguin007

Nice pics there I like your farming a lot. Cant wait to see some more development

Will

rhythmandjays

jjune4991: Congrats!  &apls You have made the first purchase into the game. You are now the proud owner of "G1 Blue House". You're on your way to get to the top!  &hlp

Simpson: Thanks! Remember to get your house and job here in Peroacia.  :P

Manny: First, welcome to Peroacia!! I am glad you like this MD/CJ so far! I'm out to please the audience.  :)

peguin007: Thank you Will and welcome to Peroacia! If you want development, I will give you development.  :)

I appreciate all the comments so far. If you got time, stop by and leave a comment. And participate in the game. I appreciate the first-time comments.

Hello again! Now we are going to make our way to the capital, Jariah City. Now, let's get on the bus and make our way!

Welcome to the Vacheron Building. This is the place where all of the top executives and politicians make their home.
Government sometimes takes place here. One room in this building is as big as half a mansion!

This is the famous Diag. The initial planners of this city detested the monotonous grid style and decided to reveal their wild streak by incorporating Diag Street.

This is our first high-rise, Cola Headquarters. Not only delicious, refreshing Coke is sold here, executives have reserved the top floors to allow tourists to overlook the city. Of course, you have to pay a small fee. The traffic circle you see here is the only one in Jariah City and is quickly developing into an important hub in the commercial district.

This is a fluke by our construction workers. This mid-rise you see here was supposed to built at the corner, but the
residents chained themselves to the brick walk-up. After 9 days of protest, the construction workers shrugged them off and began building next to it.

Ah, the oldest train station in the region. This station has been retrofitted to include all of the luxuries of modern life. If it's a hot day and you want free AC, stop by and loiter here in the building.

Just a popular intersection, nothing more.

If you have simoleans and lots of it, buy yourself a home at Genovela Place. Each mansion comes with three butlers, two maids, and your own guard llama. We are in the process of destroying, er, I mean phasing out the single homes.

As the richest person in Jariah City, Max Simolean, flies y'all away from Jariah City, look down and look at the beautiful view we call Jariah City. I hope you've enjoyed our tour today.

threestooges

Interesting updates and options. To start with, I think I will stake my claim for F6 (the farm) and choose to live on site. Organic crops seem to be big business these days, so I will take the opportunity to plant those, at least for this update. Also, as my first order of business being in town, I would like to file a request with the mayor's office to propose the construction of a health clinic (whose radius preferrably covers my property of course). Such a project would no doubt serve to increase resident satisfaction and promote development.

Jariah city is shaping up nicely. The Vacheron building is well done and the area looks good in general. My only comment is in regard to the last pic where the rail crosses over the road. Generally it would tend to be the other way around. Friction being the way it is, it is easier for a car to cross slopes than a train. I would suggest that the city engineers revisit that option.

Best of luck with the game, and I'll be back next update to see how the crops are coming along.

jjune4991

nice capital. i like the diag street. and also, i agree with threestooges about the rail line. just a thought. now, for me. i dont know how to calculate my education as it rises. could you message me and help me out? thanks!