• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Monarchy of Jenress

Started by dragonshardz, October 16, 2007, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Tabloids #1 - Atlantean Diplomacy

Just a quick one. The Monarchy has requested that diplomatic negotiations begin between The Monarchy of Jenress and the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis.

The original letter.

In other News: Plans for a spaceport are in the King's hands as we speak. This is the fourth try for a spaceport by MoJASA. From the looks of it, these plans will go through.

EDIT: Hey sweet I started my second page!

Pat

LoL shardz I cant wait to see the space port and also further devolpment here...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

I also looking forward to the space port! ;)

dragonshardz

Update #3 - First Look: NAS Jenress

Warning, this is a picture-heavy update. Those of you who are dial-up users, I have done my best to compress the pictures so they load fast, but be warned you may be waiting for a bit. Oh, and since some of the pictures are uncompressed .pngs and .gifs made by canuck3360, I have a placatory gift for you rickmastfan67.

Some replies:

@Pat: Trust me, the wait will be worth it.

@Mightygoose: Thanks!

@bat: Ah, the Great Double-0 Poster visits. You will see the spaceport before long.

First, some announcements.

Jenress officially has a team in STHL Division II, the Jenress Firedrakes.

Logo:

Firedrakes Home:

Firedrakes Away:

Firedrakes Breast Cancer Awareness Day:

Zanarkar Stadium:

Also Jenress is a part of this years...

...with the Jenress Skydrakar.

Skydrakar Stadium:

Please note that I am aware of the stadium's positioning next to the lake!

And thirdly, negotiations with the Imperial Kingdom of Atlantis have begun.

As you can see there is plenty of unused land for embassies!

Also the Castle at night:

And moving onto the subject of Jenress Spaceport, here's a pic and a poll for you:

There are four locations available for the Spaceport:

#1 - East of the Capital with a great deal of water access.
#2 - Also east of the Capital with little water access but a highway connection.
#3 - South of the Capital with plenty of room and water access. No connection to any city.
#4 - NAS Jenress: West of the city with an established port.

It's your decision as the people of the Monarchy. Only votes cast via the Poll applet will count! Eh, forget the poll.

And now onto the AquaCulture Institute!

The ACI by day:

And by night:

Please ignore the abandoned building, didn't catch that. The ACI is built on a cliff, and due to the presence of it a reef has sprung up. The large white blobs next to the round building on land are ATA missile installations. There is also a security fence around the complex as well. There are some fairly top-secret prjects being conducted at the ACI and NO ONE will get these secrets without a lot of cajoling.

On to the rest of that city.

An overview of the city by night:

Oops, no day shot!

Well the main residential area is in the northeast corner. North is to the left in this pic.

Some pics from it.

Night:

And Daytime overview:

Onward to the amusement park!

Some night shots:

And some day shots:

And off to the Golf course!!

Please ignore the abandoned building!

And the nearby residences.

Off into the Capital!
The construction site of the Jenress WTC.

And the completed WTC:

And the gift for rickmastfan67 so he'll leave me alone:

The Larrimack Motorsports Complex! Just south of the railyard on Motor Way.

And finally NAS Jenress.

The Harbor before fine terraforming:

And after:

The harbor entrance:

Two of Pegasus' most recent BATs:

Blackie's Boatyard...

...and the Coast Guard Base, right next to the NAS.

Second RHW interchange I've made:

This will be the location of a Water Processing Plant...

...And this nuclear plant generates most of the power for the region:

Soon to come: a honor's post and eventually the spaceport.

~~Dragonshardz~~

EDIT: Adding a poll as soon as I can figure out how (again).

EDIT2: Forget the poll.

Pat

WOW Shardz's I am really impressed here with your MD, you have done so much and incorperated alot of good stuff.... BTW where did you find the WTC construction site? I also like that Nuke plant where did you find that one as well?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

A lot of wonderful new pictures there!! And Great work on the places and areas! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more...

dragonshardz

@Pat: Both were found at the STEX. There are 7 downloads for the WTC. They are the first 7 downloads on this [linkie] page. They're by rubik3 and are BSC endorsed. The Nuclear Plant is by El_Burro and are the first, second and fourth downloads on this [linkie] page.

@bat: Thanks!

And don't forget to vote for your favorite location for the spaceport!

To reiterate in case you missed it, here's the part of the post concerning the spaceport:
And moving onto the subject of Jenress Spaceport, here's a pic and a poll for you:

There are four locations available for the Spaceport:

#1 - East of the Capital with a great deal of water access.
#2 - Also east of the Capital with little water access but a highway connection.
#3 - South of the Capital with plenty of room and water access. No connection to any city.
#4 - NAS Jenress: West of the city with an established port.

Personally I'm partial to Position #3, but I want your input as well.

~~Dragonshardz~~

dragonshardz

Well it's been a bit, so it should be safe to post here without being killed for double posting.  :P

The location of the spaceport has been decided. That would be position #3, south and east of the capital.

Emperor Stormont

Wonderful update  :D

Starting to really take off and looking well  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

dragonshardz

Whew! It's been a while hasn't it? This is sort of an update, though I don't have any pictures. I have had some serious RLS the past month or so, so I don't get to play as much as I'd like. Also, I'd been having problems with the spaceport tile. One day I saved the tile and when I tried to load it the next day, instant CTD. Had to resort to replacing Ionvalla with my most recent backup, which was just after the most recent update. Long story short, I determined that using the "setsealevel xxx" cheat in that tile caused the tile to become a CTD magnet. I have been working steadily on rebuilding the spaceport, and have added a container seaport in as well, utilizing soulstealer's container lots and Pegasus' as well.

Recently, I got fed up of scrolling up and down the Landmarks menu, and decided to reorder the lots in it. So far I've gotten to and completed the reordering of 163 lots, the first 62 are MAXIS landmarks and torremayor's Bastille Opera [link?]. So I might not be updating for a bit.

Still, I only have 4 more folders of 500 MB to 1 GB to get through, so I should have it done sometime tomorrow.

Plus, I need to relot the spacecraft lots, so expect an update with pictures sometime next week.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Pat

Take it easy shardz and as long as you post a teaser or 2 I will be happy lol....

bat

I can wait! And teasers would be good! ;)
Looking forward to the update sometime next week...

dragonshardz

Update #4 - Olmos Moon

Here is the promised update. A little late, but here nonetheless! First of all, I have two pictures that I managed to get from the first spaceport before it died on me.

This was to be the main terminal of the airport.

I showed this a while ago in the Picture Competition Thread.

And now onto the meat of the update. First, some text. As of today, the Monarchy of Jenress is a SCJU Ambasador Nation. As we have signed onto the GUPT (Global Unified Protection Treaty),  the production of all nuclear weapons has stopped. All current ICBMs and other nuclear-based weaponry is under lockdown and is being transported to a secure location.

And now to the pictures. The spaceprot is still under construction, so we have detoured a bit to the east, to a small town called Olmos Moon. This is one of the few locations where the highly endangered Olmos Moonbark Birch grows in the wild.

So, an overview of the town itself.

It is located on this moon-shaped island in the middle of the township. The town is very environment-friendly, and is surrounded by Olmos Moonbark Birch.

A closer view on the central area of the town, where fire, medical, and police facilities are located. It is also where the local Goldiva Watertaxi Service, LLC pier is and most of the on-island commerce as well.

The southern end, where the road dead-ends in an Olmos grove. This is a favorite place of teens and young couples to come and watch the sunset. Some residents have heard other activities going on during the new moon as well...

The north end of town, where there are some very tastefully well-off people. In fact, my home is one of the ones nearest the roundabout on the right side.

There isn't much to the mainland, but I will show you what's there anyway.

The Pegadyne Oceanography Institute, located (conveniently) near the mainland GWTS, LLC pier.

The local radio tower, located on the highest point of elevation in the area.

This avenue connects with the capital to the north (bottom of picture) and the spaceport to the east (left of picture).

And the resort.

This redwood and Olmos Birch are called Pat and Olly. They are local celebrities, as much as trees can be, because their roots have grown together.

~~Dragonshardz~~

Pat

&apls &apls  Hey Shardzs wonderful update and well waited for too!!! Hopefully woouldnt have to wait to long for the next one  ;)

CarmineHilton

Nice update, a very nice area!!

And:: WELCOME TO THE SCJU AS AN AMBASSADOR! ;)
Felt like doing that... :P ()stsfd()

Emperor Stormont

Indeed welcome to the SCJU. the most fabulous union in SC4 existance

Lovely update as well, like the more natural suburban areas as well as the overall realistic look to many of the areas.

Great work  :satisfied:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Some great different views of your region there! And great work on the airport! The island there is also very nice, nice development on it! The other areas are also looking wonderful!

Looking forward to the next...

dragonshardz

bat: the airport was lost due to....something. I don't know what happened but one day, when it had loaded fine before, it just CTD'd the game constantly. However the new space port (version 3.0 (yes I lost TWO complete spaceports)) is very much awesome and working!

dragonshardz

Quick Teaser, have some rough edges to polish on the spaceport and then it's showable.

BTW, school ended for me today. I am now a junior in high school.

~~Dragonshardz~~