• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Gransimtenango

Started by manga rivotra, June 29, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

And allow me to be the one to make the move happen.... With now 100 replies, Congratulations on your promotion to Best sellers!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ Themistokles :

Thanks !  :D

@ art128 :

I am very pleased that Gransimtenango is now in the BestSellers section.
And to celebrate this, a small update rather special, before presenting some thing more classic in a few days.

Update 13 : Natural Disaster

So today, I'll tell you the story of one of the worst storms happened in Gransimtenango ( In fact i can't stop playing with Weather Mod of Xannepan.... ;D)

It all started with a scorching afternoon September 27, 2013. The abnormally high temperature enchanted bathers in the coastal districts and the few walkers in the parks of the city center.

But at 4pm, the clouds hitherto innocuous, gave the first showers.

Firstly localized, they began to spread from the coast to the CBD.

Then the situation degraded suddenly at 6pm, with the massive arrival of severe thunderstorm from the sea which reached very quickly inland.

In the most violent time of the storm at 7.30pm, some neighborhoods seemed immersed in the eye of a hurricane.

Then in the dark the whole phenomenon ceased to quickly place left a clear night

Some great screenshots ;D I always like to see a city being hit by disaster. Fortunately, the thunderstorm went easy on your city. I recently wanted to ask you to share a few screenshots of your city/cities from a higher altitude, but you were faster. And it looks great, a lot like I'd like to design a metropolis of mine, especially with a good combination and arrangement of modern and old buildings and a good amount of parks.

BTW, thanks for the link :).

romualdillo

Great shots!!!  &apls The general view of your city looks great!! And congratulations for the promotion!!!  :D

belfastsocrates

Fantastic images, I really liked that update.

Congratulation on becoming a Best Seller also!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ 11241036, romualdillo, belfastsocrates :

Thank you to all for the kind comments  ;D

As promised, I come back with some more conventional pictures.
This time, some close-ups of different administrative and cultural centers of Gransimtenango.
These lively district, primarily commercial, contain major cultural buildings (opera, theater, library, etc) and community building like market.
They are quite dense but the buildings remain of medium size.

Update 14 : Urban views 2

A few shops near a tram station.

A shopping spot dedicated to pedestrians.

Same with the surroundings.

<<< Click on pic

Mosaic from a cathedral to an high school, via park, W2W development and a sunken rail station

<<< Click on pic

Opera and its place

<<< Click on pic

Theater and its place.

The main library of my region and its place.

A mosaic from a tribunal to a cemetery, via market and square

<<< Click on pic

A mosaic from tram station to a federal administrative center via market and place

<<< Click on pic

In a smaller town, a residential area

Main square in an ancient city built on a hill at the edge of a lake. Around the square, a synagogue and a fortified tower.

<<< Click on pic

In the same city, a busy place used as outdoor market

That's all for today, I hope you like  :)

Themistokles

You've heard it before, but: Every square centimetre of your city teems with life, the nature is a dense, lush carpet of fertile greens. It's a real pleasure to read! &apls
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

romualdillo

The city looks wonderful and full of life!!  :thumbsup:

Congratulations for becoming a bestseller, I think that you really deserve it!

Again good work, as always. Especially since this part of your region looks actually entirely new, despite retaining your personal style. Very good relotting work, your plazas really look relaxing and beautiful, I could spend hours of looking at them.

And again, I need to ask you for a link: On pic 305, just above the avenue roundabout at the very bottom of your picture, there's a modern building with a "fractionally angled" facade, having the abbreviations of chemical elements displayed on it. Do you know where you've got this building from?

manga rivotra

@ Themistokles :
Thanks you very much, I love to hear that !  ;D

@ romualdillo :
Thanks you very much !

@ 11241036 :
Thanks ! For your question : this building is one of the masterpiece from kellydalle2003 on STEX. Here the link

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29054-u-of-w-science-complex/

art128

Great update, lots of open spaces, which is a good thing. The first picture is really wonderful, and I like a lot the area around the sunken rail station. Good job making a wonderful building stand out gracefully.
I also spotted a few BATs of mine... It's always nice to see your creations in use. :)

Props & Texture Catalog

belfastsocrates

Your lot editor skills are brilliant. So many gorgeous and detailed lots. I appreciate the patience that requires but the end result really gives your city and streetscapes a wonderful look and feel.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

carlfatal

Indeed better a poor sim in one of your cities than anywhere in real life! Your talent to mix and match is outstanding.  &apls

And I have a question too. The same area, where you´ve used buddybud´s stairs - since a long time I ask myself, where this kind of retaining walls comes from. Can´t find them in the LE...

And these are Girafe´s bus stops? Thanks for the hint. :)

manga rivotra

re-hosted  ()stsfd()

@ art128 :

Thanks you, It's a pleasure to use your bat  ;)

@ belfastsocrates :

Thanks you very much  :)

@ carlfatal :

Thanks you !  :) The retaining wall are from CSX MEGA props Vol 04, here on LEX . Write WFK and then Wall in the Lot Editor.

This update is the last for this year, because I have no more decent pictures to show so I will work for at least several months ( maybe more ) before being able to redo news pictures.
As this is my last update before long, the pictures show here everything that I prefer: ie sloping areas, night pictures, rainy photos and some mosaics.
However, they all have in common to present places of worship in cities of all density, and cemeteries.
Worship Bat used are among the most common and most popular, but I will try to quote the author for each of them, and where to find them.

Update 15 : Grand Final 2015

I start with this little church in a tiny hamlet ( C.P. church on LEX )

A small synagogue in a small town built on a hill (Wallibuk on STEX).

Church on a slopy town ( Mntoes on STEX )

Same in autumn

Church from tag_one ( LEX ) on a slopy district again.

A very popular church by Haarlemmergold on STEX

Church from beppe46 ( on STEX )

Another little gem from Haarlemmergold ( STEX ) on a very slopy block.

One of the wonderful Debussyman cathedral, already seen on update 8 but closer this time.

Vnaoned church ( LEX ) by day.

And by night during the christmas market.

Another Debussyman's treasure ( found on STEX ), at the twilight on a rainy day of the end of summer.

Same at sunrise at the begin of spring.

The very popular Hassan II mosque by fukuda ( BLAM Team STEX ).

Same closer.

And a mosaic that include it.

<<<Click on pic

Another amazing Debussyman's Cathedral ( LEX ), on a hill overlooking an old city, by day.

And by night.

The popular and amazing Namspopof monastery from Toutsimcities.com , already seen on update 8 but closer this time.
Edit on 21th august 2016 > Same area but with mosaic and with a water reservoir re-work
    <<< Click on pic

An old city district with a rather dense cemetery and a little synagogue, at the bottom of the picture ( Wallibuk STEX ).

<<< Click on pic

Another cemetery but greener on suburbs area.

Mosaic that include another great Debussyman's church on the top of a hill ( found on STEX ).

<<< Click on pic

Same at night.

The main cathedral of my region ( Debussyman's one, on STEX ), and certainly the one I prefer.

<<< Click on pic

Same with the district eastside.

<<< Click on pic

And the same at night.

<<< Click on pic

340 1-2-3.

And finally something more central america with a first trial with Romualdillo wonderful set and a Mexican church from Debussyman ( on STEX ).

<<< Click on pic

Edit 29th january 2017 > this pic same area another angle without visual glitch

<<< Click on pic
    <<< Click on pic
I hope you like it, Thanks you very much  ;D

Wow, again some great pictures. Good work putting these various religious buildings in scene. Your relot of the SFBT Hallenbad is good, might copy that concept ;D. Also, good work with romualdillo's first release, I'd really like to see more of it.

Just a minor question: Why do you use an overpass piece at the slope in pic 335? Wouldn't it be easier and make more sense to use an earthen slope instead? You would surely have enough space.

carlfatal

First thank you for the hint with the CSX Prop Pack!  :)

And yes, fantastic pictures again! And to place Munich´s Frauenkirche right next to a typical mediterranean graveyard is very courageous. But in your case it works!  &apls &apls

All time I am impressed by your variety, it is a kind of multicultural Utopia, and I definately love it. Every picture invites to sink in and look for the masses of details, all the little scenes, you´ve created. It looks like the place where I really would like to live.
And I had to grin, when I did read the last sentence: "that´s all for today". I never would be able to finish half of the scenes in one complete year!  :D

Keep it up, I love it!  :)

romualdillo

First of all: As always, you've done a great work mixing so many different buildings. Only few people can do this with such result. Fantastic!!  &apls

Secondly: It's the first time I see my buildings out of my computer... Thank you very much!! And they look much better with those trees on the empty lots. You have much more imagination than me!!!  :D  The only thing is: I see some visual glitches I've never experimented on my computer. Which program did you use to change the lots, the LotEditor or the SC4 PIM-X?

Themistokles

You call it a grand finale, and my God what a grand finale it is! &apls Every picture is a real gem.

And if you wonder what's on the floor, it's my jaw. I'll leave it there for a while, I think ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Great work portraying the different religions present in your region.
I need to ask though, how you managed to have the synagogues working? I downloaded them and only got a bunch of non SC4 files.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

Quite the final update indeed!  &apls &apls

Bit sad though we'll have to go the remainder of the year without your fantastic cities, maybe throw a couple of teasers our way every now and then?  :)

At any rate, I'm already looking forward to the new season, so to speak.  :D :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana