• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM: El-Rail over Avenue

Started by memo, March 08, 2013, 09:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinlabsc3k

It's incredible, I had this idea 3-4 years ago for its implementation with the elevated rail over the road, but I didn't request it because the members of the NAM Team were involved in other projects.

Quote from: droric on November 02, 2013, 11:10:25 AM
I have a night render to post as promised.  Let me know what you guys think.

There's a problem, I don't see an avenue under the station ()what()
Or is it only a in-game preview without the rd-4 or ave-4 texture?
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

z

This is not the finished version.  There is now an RD-4 going through the station.

droric

Starting to model the next platform.  Early stages be gentle!

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

noahclem

Lovely work on the night lights  :thumbsup:

z

My goodness!  It looks just like the station! :o :thumbsup:

droric

So i reworked the top of the station since it didn't really accurately reflect how the real station looked.  Here are a couple preliminary images for a new station.

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

droric

I think I have perfected my lighting rig for VRay night.  I love the soft shadows produced by Vrayshadow's area shadow map.  Here is a quick render (takes like 5 seconds its great!) of the platform with the tips lit up.  I promise to have more of the station soon :)

Kuewr665

The implementation of this feature is amazing. It's very efficient, though only after learning how to use it.

Geometry123

I'm in love with the new El-Rail over Avenue/RD-4 pieces! So flexible! One question: Isn't there supposed to be a station for the El-Rail over Avenue? I only got Avenue over RD-4 station. Ah well, there maybe one in the final release or PR2.
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

memo

Thanks! I am glad both of you like it so far.

The El-Rail-RD-4 station is the only station currently available. This is because the station building would not fit on the shoulders of the avenue network, but you can easily transition your avenue to a RD-4 for the purpose of placing a station.

By the way, for those of you who have not seen the video yet, here is the link again: [link]. It was made by Ganaram (GDO29Anagram) and shows how these new pieces work.

GrimSmith

Are there going to be any El-Rail over Ave junction Stations.

Kinda like Broadway Junction in NYC

droric

Quote from: GrimSmith on January 06, 2014, 10:16:13 AM
Are there going to be any El-Rail over Ave junction Stations.

If you could provide more photos of the station I could look into it.  The thing about the avenue station is that the sidewalks are so narrow there is almost no room for the supports let alone stairs or anything else.  It can be done but would most likely be quite a bit out of scale/unrealistic.

wasso38

Quote from: memo on December 21, 2013, 04:38:43 AM
Thanks! I am glad both of you like it so far.

The El-Rail-RD-4 station is the only station currently available. This is because the station building would not fit on the shoulders of the avenue network, but you can easily transition your avenue to a RD-4 for the purpose of placing a station.

By the way, for those of you who have not seen the video yet, here is the link again: [link]. It was made by Ganaram (GDO29Anagram) and shows how these new pieces work.
yeah. it will be not good.  :P but you can use the RD-4 station (if you using the euro textures mod. it will NOT work).  :D

GrimSmith

This is another picture of Broadway Junction Station, in Brooklyn, NY. Yes, that is an El over Ave Station. KInda looks like a hot mess, doesn't it?

memo

vinlabsc3k

Sorry if already asked, but there isn't a transition ramp between ELR over AVE and GLR in AVE. ()what()

droric

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on January 15, 2014, 04:44:31 PM
Sorry if already asked, but there isn't a transition ramp between ELR over AVE and GLR in AVE. ()what()

You are correct.  There currently is not a transition piece between EL-Rail Over AVE to GLR in Ave.  I find a piece like that is much needed so perhaps once i finish up a couple other projects I will look into making a piece like this for a future release.

dossenaandrea

hi! i've istalled the new nam but i only have the straight pieces! where do i find the curves and intersection pieces??
thanks

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: dossenaandrea on January 18, 2014, 04:14:52 AM
hi! i've istalled the new nam but i only have the straight pieces! where do i find the curves and intersection pieces??
thanks

Follow this tutorial ;)